[1.0.5] Surface Mounted Stock-Alike Lights for Self-Illumination (v1.2.2 - 11/15/15)

Why485

anyone using these in 0.23.5 know why they seem to produce a variable EC usage rate? With them activated my usage amount stutters back and forth a bit. Nothing major, but if there's a simple fix I'd still like to know about it

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
This transfer of file sites is turning out to be a bit of a disaster.

My view is that the real problem here is that this is no longer maintained by the original author. I think the best solution for this thread would be a moderator edit to the first post to add a link to the Curse URL.

ObsessedWithKSP thankfully uploaded the file to Curse. I just found out and I'm totally okay with that. I didn't realize that Spaceport going down meant that there would no longer be access to this so thanks to ObsessedWithKSP it's still online.

These parts are purely parts. They use no plugin so they should work just fine in 0.24. I still use them myself. The only thing that's changed since release is the unfortunate effect that tweakable colors has had on the color of the light. They now default to an ugly 255/255/255 white which ruins the warm color they had before but there's really nothing I can do about that unless I create a plugin specifically to override it.

I can't edit the title of OP myself. A mod needs to change it.

Edited by Why485

ObsessedWithKSP thankfully uploaded the file to Curse. I just found out and I'm totally okay with that. I didn't realize that Spaceport going down meant that there would no longer be access to this so thanks to ObsessedWithKSP it's still online.

These parts are purely parts. They use no plugin so they should work just fine in 0.24. I still use them myself. The only thing that's changed since release is the unfortunate effect that tweakable colors has had on the color of the light. They now default to an ugly 255/255/255 white which ruins the warm color they had before but there's really nothing I can do about that unless I create a plugin specifically to override it.

I can't edit the title of OP myself. A mod needs to change it.

What was the color code for the original color? I'd like to try and reproduce it.

Edited by Alshain

I know they are still functional in 0.24, but is their cost balancing already correct. (They should cost about the same as the stock lights.)

Yes, it's fine. I checked that myself, they are an exact match for the stock light pricing.

If it really does work with .24, why not update the title of the thread so everyone knows it?

I think he couldn't figure out how. Most likely he didn't realize you have to click edit on the OP and then click Go Advanced to change the title.

This is why:
I think he couldn't figure out how. Most likely he didn't realize you have to click edit on the OP and then click Go Advanced to change the title.

Gotcha', I can also confirm they are working with no issues -- and are properly balanced in cost vs. the stock lights.

Light 'em up!

• 2 weeks later...

Hehe, oops. That's embarassing. Thread title's been fixed, thanks for the info.

What was the color code for the original color? I'd like to try and reproduce it.

The original light color was 255, 238, 200 or 1.00, 0.93, 0.78. I could force the light color with a plugin but I don't think it's worth writing a plugin to override the color. If there's a pure .cfg way to force the color that's be great. I haven't touched KSP modding since I made these so I'm really out of touch.

Edited by Why485

The color of the emitted light is a tweakable, you can just right-click on the parts in the VAB and change it to any hue you like. Unfortunately the texture on the part stays that same yellowish color, so it can look a bit weird. Maybe playing with transparency in the 3d models can help?

The color of the emitted light is a tweakable, you can just right-click on the parts in the VAB and change it to any hue you like. Unfortunately the texture on the part stays that same yellowish color, so it can look a bit weird. Maybe playing with transparency in the 3d models can help?

I just wish I could set the default color to the old color.

Waves hands mysteriously...

"Abra-ka-Sarbian!"

(poof!)

@PART[W485_Surface*Light]
{
@MODULE[ModuleLight]
{
%lightR = 1.00
%lightG = 0.93
%lightB = 0.78
}
}

@PART[W485_Surface4WayLight]
{
@MODULE[ModuleLight],1
{
%lightR = 1.00
%lightG = 0.93
%lightB = 0.78
}
@MODULE[ModuleLight],2
{
%lightR = 1.00
%lightG = 0.93
%lightB = 0.78
}
@MODULE[ModuleLight],3
{
%lightR = 1.00
%lightG = 0.93
%lightB = 0.78
}
}

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I just wish I could set the default color to the old color.

I heard yesterday the emmissive has to be linked to the light in Unity. I hope that makes any sense to you? If not I maybe can convince somebody in the chan to look at your parts if you are fine with that?

I'd love to see the texture change accordingly!

• 3 weeks later...