Reaching for the Stars [PH] - Jane's VI 3 Feb 15

NathanKell

Having installed this (the latest version from Git) on my Realism Overhaul install, the Engine models of the Saturn V are extremely big. They are like 4x the size of the RS-25. Is this intended?

mecki: what do you mean by "the engine models of the Saturn V"? Specific parts, please.

I mean the two 4-engines clusters made by KW. Without RFftS but with Realism Overhaul they are called Rocketdyne F-1 and J-2. With RftS on top their scaling seemed extreme compared to the other engines (waaaay bigger).

Sounds like maybe I need to update for the latest KW.

Although the big one *should* be 8-10m in diameter. That's pretty big.

It is without RftS (with RealEngines included in Realism Overhaul). With RftS it is more like 30m…

At least on my end.

• 3 weeks later...

Guys, I have a request and I'm not sure where to post it. I'd love to have SSME realistic/RftS config for Klockhead Martian's Space Shuttle Engines, but can't find one nor I don't know how to make one myself. Anyone willing to help me a bit?

EDIT: Solved, thanks to NathanKell.

Edited by Rothank

• 3 weeks later...

Holy smokes, I think I installed everything right this time. lol It basicly came down to RFTS, thats the part i kept messing up on when I tried to add the new tree to RO. I think, it wasn't working because I was missing a few Relevant mods here. I really hope I have it right this time, 4th try now. lol

I have to say your mods are freakn awesome!... if you follow the directions and you don't miss anything lol Thanks so much for making all of these!

My last attempt, I was close to having it... I found this info but I got tired and screwed it all up lol. If i don't have it perfect this time I will be very close.

Im really new here on forums and stuff but Im an OLD COBOL programer (newest coding I know, I just started messing with this, because of this game lol).

I had to get organized again lol Thank you Mr. NathanKell lol you worked my old brain out a bit lol

Anyway, My question is, is this the correct place to post if I end up needing some help with this or RO? or is there... like a special spot to get help with all your mods... I think i have em all lol

Thank, AWESOME WORK, can't wait to play it, a lot.

• 1 month later...

Hi Nathan, you've probably seen the posts over in the Realism Overhaul thread, but I thought I'd post here anyway. Firstly a quick thanks for making so many awesome mods which have made my KSP experience so much better, I honestly don't know how you find the time.

If I use this mod with Realism Overhaul + only the recommended mods none of my parts show up in the VAB, I've been informed that this is due to many of the names of the fuels changing and breaking stuff. I know I don't have to install this mod at all but I absolutely love the engine configs, so I'm going to look to see if I can figure out how to get them working again.

*Link to output log*

Edited by TheFluffiestThing
Clarity

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I would love help! Help is great. :)

A month or two ago--before .25 hit--I started the long and laborious process of redoing them all, more or less from scratch. With all the stuff I've been up to since then, I haven't touched it. I have an excel sheet with some data on engines and LVs, and some Rocket Propulsion Analysis cfgs for the first four or so engines for new-RftS. (instead of going straight TLs, I decided to actually use RPA to get real performance given the propellant mixture and cycle efficiency). I'm happy to send you that and chat about where I was planning to take RftS.

A small issue here. KW engines have their nodes moved like they were rescaled, but the aren't. Some engines have their nodes inside them (like in Real Engines), but others, that should be scaled up... Well, they're smaller than they should be and the nodes are floating above them.

Pod7yoE.jpg

not 100% sure if it's RftS issue, but it seems so.

Edited by Rothank

I would love help! Help is great. :)

A month or two ago--before .25 hit--I started the long and laborious process of redoing them all, more or less from scratch. With all the stuff I've been up to since then, I haven't touched it. I have an excel sheet with some data on engines and LVs, and some Rocket Propulsion Analysis cfgs for the first four or so engines for new-RftS. (instead of going straight TLs, I decided to actually use RPA to get real performance given the propellant mixture and cycle efficiency). I'm happy to send you that and chat about where I was planning to take RftS.

Ok great. I will P.M. you later I think. The other day I realised I need some time off ksp. Need to focus on education/work for a while. I'd be happy to help when the time comes though!

• 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.