[1.12.X] RealChute Parachute Systems v1.4.8.3 | 24/01/21

stupid_chris

Is there any way to get the editor window to be... Bigger/more accessible? I'm on a decent resolution, and it's really difficult to actually see what I'm doing.

I often do my own testing on my laptop, which has a resolution of 1366x768. It's small, but good enough. The next update should improve this a little by including more stuff into the scrolling area.

Did you ever fix the issue of the chutes not arming when triggered through staging??? I ask because of the upcoming features in 0.24, specifically the part recovery giving back a portion of it's cost.....

That was not an issue, that was a feature. I literally meant for it to be that way, and I've included the option to revert it a few months ago now. You can currently change it from the RealChute_Settings.cfg file, but next update will allow changing it from the SpaceCenter

Just wondering, is there a guide to making a mod's parachute use the realchute system?

The documents in the OP speak for themselves to know what does what, it's not a big transition from ModuleParachute. Else you could simply link me to the mod and I'll try to package it for the next update.

Bug: When placed as shown below (my intent is to recover the Stayputnik after flight) I get the following: @T+0:46 the vehicle explodes without warning.

I've been around and around, to the VAB, remove the chute, launch fine, to the VAB, install chute, launch failure, over and over. I'm using the .625 size and I place it on JUST the stayputnik then load the preset for "0.625 double main"

One time I did go to load the preset on the fully assembled rocket, and it froze the game...

screenshot30_zpsfc13fdb6.png

Edited by tg626
D*** 502 gateway error caused repeated content... >:(

Bug: When placed as shown below (my intent is to recover the Stayputnik after flight) I get the following: @T+0:46 the vehicle explodes without warning.

I've been around and around, to the VAB, remove the chute, launch fine, to the VAB, install chute, launch failure, over and over. I'm using the .625 size and I place it on JUST the stayputnik then load the preset for "0.625 double main"

One time I did go to load the preset on the fully assembled rocket, and it froze the game...

-snip-

Can you give us your output_log

That was not an issue, that was a feature. I literally meant for it to be that way, and I've included the option to revert it a few months ago now. You can currently change it from the RealChute_Settings.cfg file, but next update will allow changing it from the SpaceCenter

Wow, what more can you ask for, except maybe implementation of Kerbals playing Frungy?

Ok, If we can change it from the spacecenter (VAB+SPH?) then I don't really see a problem...

Question: Can the option be set in the VAB for some chutes and not others, for example, I set the booster's to fire off on stagings and the pods to need to be armed....

http://sourcebox.federalproductions.com/KSP%20Logs%207-15-14%20A

Are all the logs I could find, I'm not sure which applies when...

It's hard to pinpoint the problem with that much mods. Try removing your other mods and see if it still happens, and also, try and see what happens if you remove only the RealChute.dll file from the RealChute folder.

Ok, If we can change it from the spacecenter (VAB+SPH?) then I don't really see a problem...

Question: Can the option be set in the VAB for some chutes and not others, for example, I set the booster's to fire off on stagings and the pods to need to be armed....

No, from the SpaceCenter, not VAB and SPH.

And there is something already in place for that... the deployment timer and the mustGoDown clause.

Edited by stupid_chris

if i use a radial chute on top of my ship its fine. but as soon as i put something on top of it the ship will hang when i go to launch it. the last line in my output_log says.

[RealChute]: Reloading size nodes for RC.stack

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d3d49558e4d408f4/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 53)

only happens if i stack something on top of it though.

Hey Chris, just a bit of curiosity if you don't mind

1. Does the new chute system break every vessel, or just ones in game? (I saw this asked and never answered, might as well ask again)

2. Will there be a way to disable the new chute system, in order to not drop the Kraken on ships with RealChutes?

If you could answer these, thank you! If you can't I understand.

Cheers!

if i use a radial chute on top of my ship its fine. but as soon as i put something on top of it the ship will hang when i go to launch it. the last line in my output_log says.

[RealChute]: Reloading size nodes for RC.stack

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d3d49558e4d408f4/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 53)

only happens if i stack something on top of it though.

Not enough info. But anyway wait until v1.2 is ready before re reporting.

What's the word on current .24 compatibility?

"Not there yet".

With 0.24 x64, it's one of the mods that KSP prompts is not compatible, so I imagine it needs to be recompiled against 0.24.

I'm surpised it is, it worked fine on the community hack for 64bit. Unless you mean CompatibilityChecker throwing a warning, in that case yes, it's doing it's job.

The word is "stupid_chris is working hard on it, but is a busy dude" :)

Something like this.

Hey Chris, just a bit of curiosity if you don't mind

1. Does the new chute system break every vessel, or just ones in game? (I saw this asked and never answered, might as well ask again)

2. Will there be a way to disable the new chute system, in order to not drop the Kraken on ships with RealChutes?

If you could answer these, thank you! If you can't I understand.

Cheers!

1) Every ship. In game and craft files, though you could update craft files by setting some things into a nested ConfigNode.

2) Unfortunately not, this update is already pretty demanding and keeping compatibility in some way is really not a headache I could afford.

I'm excited for this in .24, it's one of my favorite mods with DRM!

Well patience will be key.

Now about this.

I'm working on this every second that I can. Good news is, I'm nearly there. The code for the update is almost complete. There's a few things I wanted to include that I'll have to skip for this round, but really it's very minor. The code for the update is all done, the only thing missing is to squash the bugs that can be found here and there. Good news again, is that it's not some nasty game breaking bugs. It's really just some issues with persistence and "saving" the chutes, else. The bad news is, I work for the next six days in line, no breaks, 9h/day. That means it cuts down the time I can spend on this by a bit, must say 0.24 is very badly timed for me.

I'll have this released as soon as I physically can. I work at minimum 40h/week lately, and I've got a ridiculous amount of things to attend to IRL, and I'm doing everything I can to get this rolling down to you guys. I'd really appreciate for everyone to be comprehensive of this. You'll have RealChute available as soon as possible.

Cheers.

I'm working on this every second that I can. Good news is, I'm nearly there. The code for the update is almost complete. There's a few things I wanted to include that I'll have to skip for this round, but really it's very minor. The code for the update is all done, the only thing missing is to squash the bugs that can be found here and there. Good news again, is that it's not some nasty game breaking bugs. It's really just some issues with persistence and "saving" the chutes, else. The bad news is, I work for the next six days in line, no breaks, 9h/day. That means it cuts down the time I can spend on this by a bit, must say 0.24 is very badly timed for me.

I'll have this released as soon as I physically can. I work at minimum 40h/week lately, and I've got a ridiculous amount of things to attend to IRL, and I'm doing everything I can to get this rolling down to you guys. I'd really appreciate for everyone to be comprehensive of this. You'll have RealChute available as soon as possible.

Cheers.

No worries, mate - as I've said many times in various communication channels, I've extremely grateful for the work you've put into RealChutes, and you should most certainly take as much time as you need to fit your dev time around IRL stuff, in order to get a release you're fully happy with.

No worries, mate - as I've said many times in various communication channels, I've extremely grateful for the work you've put into RealChutes, and you should most certainly take as much time as you need to fit your dev time around IRL stuff, in order to get a release you're fully happy with.

You're the last person I'm worried about haha, but thanks :P

I am eagerly awaiting 0.24 compatibility, but don't overdo it, stupid_chris, Those work hours sound horrendously unpleasant and 0.24 support is not worth killing yourself by working too hard!

On a side-note, I never realised just how well RealChute slips in as a replacement for the stock parachutes until now, when I'm not able to use it. A sign of a great mod, to be sure!

1) Every ship. In game and craft files, though you could update craft files by setting some things into a nested ConfigNode.

I'm guessing we can just remove the chutes on the old version and then replace them after upgrading, right? I know some people have a lot of crafts but I just want to save one or two of my planes and they don't have that many on them, I still have them on a 23.5 copy of KSP for now so I can take the pieces off before I move them over if that will work.

Also, take your time. Those of us starting new contract careers will have to work our way through the tech tree anyway. Thanks for the hard work.

I'm guessing we can just remove the chutes on the old version and then replace them after upgrading, right? I know some people have a lot of crafts but I just want to save one or two of my planes and they don't have that many on them, I still have them on a 23.5 copy of KSP for now so I can take the pieces off before I move them over if that will work.

Also, take your time. Those of us starting new contract careers will have to work our way through the tech tree anyway. Thanks for the hard work.

Yeah that would do the trick.

Oh and also, please note everyone that all legacy parts are indefinitely deprecated starting forth with v1.2

Okay guys, last news in:

RealChute v1.2 should be released by tomorrow 2pm EST. Don't hold me on that, but unless something major shows up tomorrow as I test a few last nitty gritty things, I literrally have a bugless version in front of me right now, and it's really not something I expected to have as fast. Apparently I did it just right when refactoring my code and didn't induce any bugs, which is a little surprising. We'll see what tomorrow holds, but for now I'll be heading to bed I think.

See you all hopefully pretty soon.

Apparently I did it just right when refactoring my code and didn't induce any bugs, which is a little surprising.

Maybe that's cause YOU ROCK! And also because you spent countless hours on countless mods, working for us all to have tons of fun. Thanks man!