[1.12.X] RealChute Parachute Systems v1.4.8.3 | 24/01/21

stupid_chris

Okay, before this mess starts:

I have a lot of things to do and I'm currently pretty busy with different things. So this time, I can't afford to hold everyone by the hand to offer support. Either you give me all the information I need, and actually try to help yourself, either you should expect me to not reply and try to help you. If you don't know what information to give and where to find it, ask, or look on the support forums, there's a list of stuff that can help me help you there.

This has been a PSA.

Thanks for all your work! RealChute should be stock imho!

A small glimpsy of hope came on me when reading the changelog: Now opening chutes go smoother on G-forces.

But I've guess its not what they wanted...

I'm definitely not the one you should tell that to :rolleyes: That being said, here we go

This is a really small update. There is a lot of stuff in 1.0 I need to do for RealChute, but this will be packaged in the next major update which will be packaged soon. This will include:

-Parachutes potentially burning up on reentry

-Updated spare chutes mechanics

-EVA chutes

-RealChute subscribing to the Engineer's Report

-Other cool stuff :)

For now, enjoy the release! Cheers :)

Anyone have any luck getting rid of the multiple RC icons in the space center scene stock toolbar? I have two on first boot but then if I launch something and go back I have like 10.

Having the same problem here

I was just coming to report the icon reproduction. It is like every launch an additional icon gets added to the list.

Also noticed stock chutes are not working at all with RC installed. If not a known issue will get a log for it.

Edited by JeffreyCor

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/zzv2z3ul5faei5f/AAAXTjxJyruRr2JPnJ9uayVpa?dl=0 I have a KSP log file for you here, and a couple of screenshots. Chris. I'm using the latest versions of your mod, and KSP. With Real chutes installed, the chutes do not show up in staging while in the VAB, and once out of the VAB, there is no option to arm the chutes, they still don't show up in staging, and spamming the spacebar gives only the message, chute deployment failed, reason too high. {Apparently impacting the ground is still too high. :sticktongue: } If you are aware of these issues, great, I'll wait patiently for a fix, if you are not, I hope this is what you need to help find and fix the issue, and finally, if this is all my fault, sorry to waste your time. If you need anything else from me, feel free to let me know.

{Also running newest RoverDude mods, MKS/OKS, Karbonite, USI lifesupport, Karbonite+, exp pack, and the latest version of mech-jeb, just in case it matters}

Edit: Strangely I did not see the multiple icons bit that everyone else seems to be reporting.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/zzv2z3ul5faei5f/AAAXTjxJyruRr2JPnJ9uayVpa?dl=0 I have a KSP log file for you here, and a couple of screenshots. Chris. I'm using the latest versions of your mod, and KSP. With Real chutes installed, the chutes do not show up in staging while in the VAB, and once out of the VAB, there is no option to arm the chutes, they still don't show up in staging, and spamming the spacebar gives only the message, chute deployment failed, reason too high. {Apparently impacting the ground is still too high. :sticktongue: } If you are aware of these issues, great, I'll wait patiently for a fix, if you are not, I hope this is what you need to help find and fix the issue, and finally, if this is all my fault, sorry to waste your time. If you need anything else from me, feel free to let me know.

{Also running newest RoverDude mods, MKS/OKS, Karbonite, USI lifesupport, Karbonite+, exp pack, and the latest version of mech-jeb, just in case it matters}

Edit: Strangely I did not see the multiple icons bit that everyone else seems to be reporting.

You're loading an existing craft. I can't guarantee support on existing crafts through updates.

However, I just found a culprit. It's related to ConfigNodes not persisting through scenes any more and an interaction with ModuleManager. I found a fix, and it'll be later too.

You're loading an existing craft. I can't guarantee support on existing crafts through updates.

However, I just found a culprit. It's related to ConfigNodes not persisting through scenes any more and an interaction with ModuleManager. I found a fix, and it'll be later too.

An existing craft? you mean built before I installed real chutes? or built pre 1.0? Because this design was built in 1.0, from scratch. I built it to carry my first tourists. If the fact that I built it before I installed real chutes is the issue, that's okay, if a little confusing, but I promise this craft was built in 1.0. :(

An existing craft? you mean built before I installed real chutes? or built pre 1.0? Because this design was built in 1.0, from scratch. I built it to carry my first tourists. If the fact that I built it before I installed real chutes is the issue, that's okay, if a little confusing, but I promise this craft was built in 1.0. :(

A craft built before you installed RealChute can have issues, because if you are loading parts that have the module added to them through ModuleManager, this can cause issues with the modules not having their usual loading sequences, and therefore breaking stuff.

Besides I cornered the issue, and it's only with stock chutes, or anything using ModuleManager. This being said, I need to sleep. Update will be tomorrow evening unfortunately.

A craft built before you installed RealChute can have issues, because if you are loading parts that have the module added to them through ModuleManager, this can cause issues with the modules not having their usual loading sequences, and therefore breaking stuff.

Besides I cornered the issue, and it's only with stock chutes, or anything using ModuleManager. This being said, I need to sleep. Update will be tomorrow evening unfortunately.

Ah, understood. Sorry I misunderstood. Take your time and sleep well, its worth the wait.

Anyone else registered a problem with the Mk2-R radial-mount parachute after installation of Realchute?

Im experiencing extreme drag on these parachutes, causing the craft to go extremely slow and eventually flip.

Testet it against stock and the Realchute radial parachutes and only see this behaviour on the Mk2-R

I testet it with the exact same craft (command pod, 2x FL-T400 with LV-T45 and 3x solid boosters on the outside) and with the Mk2 it accellerates normaly to about 30m/s before the accelleration decrease rapidly and at about 45m/s it no longer accellerates and flips over.

Can anybody compare this mod with the new stock situation for me? I don't understand the technical details of either enough to know what I want. Maybe this isn't the best place to ask considering I'm sure you're all big fans of RealChute, but I'd prefer not to clutter my VAB parts list if I don't feel like I need to.

I've used RealChutes in the past, so I'm sort of familiar with the mod. After two brief tests last night it *seems* to me that stock chutes (in stock atmosphere) open much more smoothly now, so that fixes my former biggest complaint about them. Has anyone else found this to be the case?

All of the other RealChutes features might drag me back either way, but I just wanted to check. The interface always felt awkward to me, and they never seemed to be well balanced with stock chutes in the past.

Stock gives you deployment altitude and min pressure

Realchutes gives you a lot more options, one of my favoured is to only deploy when it is going down, so you can arm the shoot in ascent & not worry about it deploying & creating drag.

If you can get by with stock then go for it, but I would recommend trying real chutes when it is updated and see what you think.