[1.12.X] RealChute Parachute Systems v1.4.8.3 | 24/01/21

stupid_chris

10 hours ago, Craze said:

Will supersonic parachutes be added for braking in weak atmospheres (dune or Mars)?

I'll just be making more materials available. If they will be viable for supersonic or not will depend entirely on the materials themselves.

Either way, if you're talking about my sub-mod, that is a discussion to be had there instead of here, so that we don't bloat the main RealChute's thread with stuff related to a sub-mod.

8 hours ago, Galland1998 said:

Does anyone know if there is a way to keep the Restock parachute textures while using this mod.  I love this mod but I also really like the restock parachute aesthetic.

Pretty sure you can just change (or even add[?]) the texture references (to be) used.

Take a look at 

..YourKSPInstallDirectory\GameData\RealChute\Materials\TextureLibrary.cfg

13 hours ago, AlmightyR said:

I'll just be making more materials available. If they will be viable for supersonic or not will depend entirely on the materials themselves.

Either way, if you're talking about my sub-mod, that is a discussion to be had there instead of here, so that we don't bloat the main RealChute's thread with stuff related to a sub-mod.

It does not matter in what part of the mod it will be implemented, but it was assumed - that in the main. Not think that in real parachutes, in such missions as Curiosity been used carbon or something exotic.

• 1 month later...
On 10/17/2019 at 8:14 AM, Starwaster said:

Rebuilt for KSP 1.8

No other changes.

https://github.com/StupidChris/RealChute/tree/v1.4.7.5

Hello, I am an idiot, and if something isn't exactly what I'm used to I fall down like wet cardboard. This Github link doesn't have a .zip for me to download, so do I just download all those files and stick them in a 'RealChute' folder in my GameData directory?

8 minutes ago, Maelin said:

Hello, I am an idiot, and if something isn't exactly what I'm used to I fall down like wet cardboard. This Github link doesn't have a .zip for me to download, so do I just download all those files and stick them in a 'RealChute' folder in my GameData directory?

Just download from this instead

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/12/2020 at 2:24 PM, vardicd said:

Just a heads up for anyone coming in and wondering, real chutes does seem broken with the release of 1.9. Use at your own peril. 

Weird. 1.8 was the big unity switchover, and RC did get a 1.8 update. Was 1.8.1 additionally upsetting to mods/plugins?

4 hours ago, Beetlecat said:

Weird. 1.8 was the big unity switchover, and RC did get a 1.8 update. Was 1.8.1 additionally upsetting to mods/plugins?

I couldn't tell you. I stopped playing KSP when the 1.7 update dropped and broke a couple of mods I was using, and I got distracted by other games and didn't come back till after the 1.8.1 version was already quite old. I skipped 1.7 and 1.8.

5 hours ago, Beetlecat said:

No, 1.8.1 didn't have much of an issue. But as Vardicd pointed 1.9 has killed RC and a couple others it seems, but noticed this one for sure when having a mission return and noticed I had no parachutes to arm :P

On 2/12/2020 at 4:24 PM, vardicd said:

Just a heads up for anyone coming in and wondering, real chutes does seem broken with the release of 1.9. Use at your own peril. 

On 2/13/2020 at 5:41 PM, Beetlecat said:

I noticed the parts disappeared in the editor also the custom category.  Are there other problems?

12 hours ago, Probus said:

I noticed the parts disappeared in the editor also the custom category.  Are there other problems?

I can confirm this.  I had no staging ability, nor could I right click to bring up a menu to manually deploy parachutes.  Uninstalling restored my staging allowed stock chutes to work again.

19 hours ago, Critter79606 said:

I can confirm this.  I had no staging ability, nor could I right click to bring up a menu to manually deploy parachutes.  Uninstalling restored my staging allowed stock chutes to work again.

Same issue here.  Did the same thing you did.

23 hours ago, majNUN said:

Stupid_Chris hasn't been on this forum since Sept 10 last year, so by his own conditions, this mod is totally up for grabs.

I don't see why you would jump to this conclusion. The 1.9 version dropped less than a week ago. On the OP, @stupid_chris said: 

On 11/12/2013 at 9:15 PM, stupid_chris said:

NOTICE: I'm no longer developing this version, no new features are going in, only compatibility updates will be pushed out. I'm also not officially supporting this mod anymore, but plenty of people can help you, and I may pop in once in a while.

[Bold added by me]

I wouldn't assume that a mod is up for adoption just because it hasn't been updated less than a week after a KSP update, especially without an explicit notice from the dev and especially when the dev in question mentions that mod may receive compatibility updates. The condition you refer to is a clause regarding redistribution in the license for this mod, so you are free to copy, fork, modify, and redistribute under a CC-BY-NC-SA 4.0 INTL license without explicit permission from @stupid_chris. (Personally, I think the clause is poorly worded, as it could be interpreted that it expired the first time the dev was inactive for 90 days and would never again be active, or it could be interpreted that if the dev logs in today, the clause becomes 'renewed'. But that's neither here nor there.)

So, you (or anyone) are certainly free to fork this mod, but calling it "totally up for grabs" six days after an update to KSP is a little brash, in my opinion; especially when the dev has been active for literally years and has explicitly said they are working on a new version of the mod. My advice is to be patient. Give modders time to update their mods. Don't pester them. And don't call their mods "up for grabs" just because they haven't checked in immediately following an update.