[1.12.X] RealChute Parachute Systems v1.4.8.3 | 24/01/21

stupid_chris

2 minutes ago, YaBoyShredderson said:

Yes i made my own MM patch to replace the stock chute with a real chute but its not working.

It's most likely not properly configured then. It needs a ProceduralChute module additionally to have the action groups menu, you should take example on the stock MM patch of RealChute

Just now, stupid_chris said:

It's most likely not properly configured then. It needs a ProceduralChute module additionally to have the action groups menu, you should take example on the stock MM patch of RealChute

I directly copied and pasted the mm patch for the stock chutes, it just puts an unmovable, uneditiable, small box in the top left corner of the screen, only accesable by the toggle info button, not action groups.

11 hours ago, YaBoyShredderson said:

I directly copied and pasted the mm patch for the stock chutes, it just puts an unmovable, uneditiable, small box in the top left corner of the screen, only accesable by the toggle info button, not action groups.

If you just copied and pasted it then yes, that would not work as there are several names that must be appropriately configured for each part.

1 hour ago, stupid_chris said:

If you just copied and pasted it then yes, that would not work as there are several names that must be appropriately configured for each part.

Well i say i copied and pasted, i changed the @part to be correct. I even coppied and pasted the stuff from other configs, like the apolli parachutes from ROcapsules. Still nothing.

23 hours ago, YaBoyShredderson said:

Well i say i copied and pasted, i changed the @part to be correct. I even coppied and pasted the stuff from other configs, like the apolli parachutes from ROcapsules. Still nothing.

That's not what I'm talking about. The parachute looks for specific transforms and animations on the parts, and these names are unique per part.

14 hours ago, infinite_monkey said:

Would this also work with ReStock parachutes?

It already does.

10 hours ago, YaBoyShredderson said:

So if i change what animations its looking for it should work?

Why don't you share the code (using the Code Tag, of course) for one of the parts that you modified? That way, people here can see exactly what you did and offer suggestions. 

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a video or guide somewhere on how to setup Realchutes for stage recovery(not the mod)? I am trying to keep my stages from hitting my complex and to recover some cash. but I cant seem to get it to quite do what I want and I am sure I am missing some concept or idea. and yes I know about the action group config, I am just kinda blindly tinkering with it 

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, hutonahill said:

when i have this mod installed, the Chutes get removed: gamdata immage  inventory immage

I'm not this mod's author but I can tell that you don't have mods installed correctly. Little tricky at first, but ... the zip file you downloaded for this mod has a structure inside of it. There's a GameData folder, and inside there you'll find a RealChutes folder. It's THAT folder that you want to copy and put inside your existing GameData folder. You have a folder by the same name as the zip so I'm assuming you just unzipped the entire file into GameData, but you need to grab only the parts inside the Zip file's GameData folder.

Also, "Unused mods" ... are *not*. Anything you place under the GameData folder will be scanned by KSP. If you have things you want ignored, move the whole folder outside of the GameData folder.

I don't think you have DPAI correct, either. You're close! Just make sure to find the GameData folder in mod releases, and put whatever contents you find there into your existing GameData folder. At this point, I would recommend deleting all those folders except Squad, and looking at the downloaded zips again. 

Thanks for the help!

1 hour ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

I'm not this mod's author but I can tell that you don't have mods installed correctly. Little tricky at first, but ... the zip file you downloaded for this mod has a structure inside of it. There's a GameData folder, and inside there you'll find a RealChutes folder. It's THAT folder that you want to copy and put inside your existing GameData folder. You have a folder by the same name as the zip so I'm assuming you just unzipped the entire file into GameData, but you need to grab only the parts inside the Zip file's GameData folder.

Also, "Unused mods" ... are *not*. Anything you place under the GameData folder will be scanned by KSP. If you have things you want ignored, move the whole folder outside of the GameData folder.

I don't think you have DPAI correct, either. You're close! Just make sure to find the GameData folder in mod releases, and put whatever contents you find there into your existing GameData folder. At this point, I would recommend deleting all those folders except Squad, and looking at the downloaded zips again. 

Thanks for the help! looks like that worked. Will KSP scan a shortcut? (in other words, can i put a shortcut in the gamedata folder without any problems.

12 minutes ago, hutonahill said:

Thanks for the help!

Thanks for the help! looks like that worked. Will KSP scan a shortcut? (in other words, can i put a shortcut in the gamedata folder without any problems.

Oh, good news! As far as I know KSP is only looking for configs and plugins, so anything else should be fine. It's just having mods or ex-mods in there can be super iffy, as you can get unexpected conflicts and whatnot.

Hello tried to implement RealChute in other mods.

1. Parachute does not open

2. The settings window in the VAB is not displayed correctly, it is just a small window.

Can someone help, or are there explanations such as the MODULE RealChuteModule and MODULE
ProceduralChute work?

Confirmed, compatibility warning when loading KSP, then in-game all chutes seem to have disappeared from categories (they used to be in "Utility"). Oddly, you can find them (including RealChutes) using the "Advanced" parts filters (by manufacturer, by part size...).

A fix would be handy :wink:

7 hours ago, N_Molson said:

Confirmed, compatibility warning when loading KSP, then in-game all chutes seem to have disappeared from categories (they used to be in "Utility"). Oddly, you can find them (including RealChutes) using the "Advanced" parts filters (by manufacturer, by part size...).

Yes, confirmed this too.

Also the "next size" and "previous size" buttons did not work in the VAB.

On 12/21/2020 at 12:33 PM, stupid_chris said:

It's quite literally letting you know when you start the game the the mod is incompatible. Every update this comes up again.

The mod is intentionally disabled on new version of the game.

Wait for an update.

I don't get how some mods have the warning at the start, but still work, and some mods have the same warning, but actively disable themselves.. I haven't dug into the code of this or any mod that heavily, is the warning and the actually-disabling a completely different function?  Just curious as to how that works.  Will follow this thread and CKAN for news of such an update for RealChute.  In the meantime... spaceplanes.