[1.12.X] RealChute Parachute Systems v1.4.8.3 | 24/01/21

stupid_chris

It seems there has been a lot of similar questions, but I did not find any answer.

When i unlock all realchute parts in tech tree, only four of them appears in the VAB. I have a Part Catalog installed, but it doesn't looks like problem is there.

It seems there has been a lot of similar questions, but I did not find any answer.

When i unlock all realchute parts in tech tree, only four of them appears in the VAB. I have a Part Catalog installed, but it doesn't looks like problem is there.

Four is all there is and four is all you need. You can configure them, remember? Even resize them.

When i use the new shutes (version 1.0+) in career-mode, my game shows a black screen at the launchpad. In skirmish-mode however, it works fine?

I have tons of mods, but it's weird that it works in skirmish..

Thanks in advance!

First thing is to make sure it is RealChutes, by removing it, just to be sure it is that. Also make sure the fault is there all the way from a new start, just in case you have a broken savegame. Then, if you are sure it is RealChutes and not another mod or a broken save, you need to search this thread for Chris' many, many requests for more info (various logs) - note down the files he asks for, run the game, cause the fault, kill the game immediately and upload the logs to a file-sharing site and link to them on here.

First thing is to make sure it is RealChutes, by removing it, just to be sure it is that. Also make sure the fault is there all the way from a new start, just in case you have a broken savegame. Then, if you are sure it is RealChutes and not another mod or a broken save, you need to search this thread for Chris' many, many requests for more info (various logs) - note down the files he asks for, run the game, cause the fault, kill the game immediately and upload the logs to a file-sharing site and link to them on here.

Sorry. I will do that.

It's not crashing. Just black when i'm at the launchpad. I can navigate menu's etc.

The problem doesn't occur when i mount the chute without editing it in the Action Group menu.

I'll look in to some logs.. But again. there's no crash-log..?

Hey Chris, I only get four chutes in the VAB. Actually, that was a lie, 'cause I haven't updated the plugin in a long time. I just thought it was too long ago someone said it last.

stupid_chris may wind up changing the thread title to include "now, with only four 'chutes in the VAB!"

When i use the new shutes (version 1.0+) in career-mode, my game shows a black screen at the launchpad. In skirmish-mode however, it works fine?

I have tons of mods, but it's weird that it works in skirmish..

Thanks in advance!

It's most likely another mod indeed. As softweir proposed, try uninstalling it and see if it works. If it does after, reinstall it, try again, and if it still doesn't work, send me your output_log.txt.

Sorry, but does anybody know HOW TO OPEN THE EDITOR?

Let's take a look at the linked posts in the OP...

From the v1.0 Release notes:

Now for the big feature, the editor window. You can access it by going in the action group panel and clicking on a RealChute part. The window will show on it's own and everything will be there. Most things are self explanatory. If you see a label turn red, it's because the value you entered is not correct. Either it's out of the accepted range, either there's a mistake somewhere. This means change it, else application will not work.

might want to add a small note for when you use the auto-weight calculation mode in determining descent speed that people should only adjust these values when just the equipment that will be falling under the parachute is active in the VAB. Or, RealChute can be a bit smarter and only calculate its weight based on the parts that will still be attached at the stage the chutes are placed into. Don't know if that's possible or not. Not a huge deal since you'll just end up with super large parachutes when you calculate descent rate with the whole rocket attached to your final stage, but that will also add unneeded weight.

might want to add a small note for when you use the auto-weight calculation mode in determining descent speed that people should only adjust these values when just the equipment that will be falling under the parachute is active in the VAB. Or, RealChute can be a bit smarter and only calculate its weight based on the parts that will still be attached at the stage the chutes are placed into. Don't know if that's possible or not. Not a huge deal since you'll just end up with super large parachutes when you calculate descent rate with the whole rocket attached to your final stage, but that will also add unneeded weight.

Thing is I can't really make it more clear. The button says "use current ship mass". As in current mass of the whole ship. And if it ends up being too heavy, it even throws out a warning. Getting stage only mass is not going to be accurate and will not be representative in 99% of the situations, so I'd rather not bend my mind trying to make it work, at this point's it's the end user's job to work it out, I can't pre-digest everything unfortunately.

Of course, using "stage" mass is completely wrong. Stages are not always made with the idea of leaving a final stage for parachuting.

Whoever says we can use stage apparently flies only around Kerbin. Any interplanetary mission would need more than 1 stage to be parachuted on the destination body before returning to Kerbin.

As it is now - it works great:

1. Built lander

2. Build launcher/ship

3. Detach and leave only the part of the ship that is to be parachuted down

4. Slap on chutes

5. Slap back rest of the ship

6. Profit.

Some news people!

I bundled a few fixes and tweaks over the past few weeks which will be bundled into an update I'll be uploading tomorrow. The mod should start being quite stable now. This version will also be fully compatible with 0.23.5, aka the ARM patch :)

Cheers!

Some news people!

I bundled a few fixes and tweaks over the past few weeks which will be bundled into an update I'll be uploading tomorrow. The mod should start being quite stable now. This version will also be fully compatible with 0.23.5, aka the ARM patch :)

Cheers!

0_0 GASP! I can't wait!

Alright guys, v1.0.3.37 is up!

Not a huge update, but a lot of fixes underwent in this.

Changelog:

April 1st 2014
v1.0.3.37
-Fixed the tiny chutes appearing in the editor
-Fixed the last bugs with parachute texture/canopy model not updating correctly
-Fixed symmetry counterparts not having the right deployed/predeployed diameter
-Added procedural diameter to canopies other than RealChute parts
-Fixed pressure/altitude deployment not switching on secondary chutes
-Fixed secondary canopy texture selector not displaying the one said in the module config on first initiation
-Parachute type can now be declared into the module node (main, drogue, drag)
-Removed all legacy parts from the tech tree to avoid confusion
-Moved the cone simple chute to the start TechNode
-KSP v0.23.5 (ARM) compatibility

Cheers everyone! :)

Edited by stupid_chris

Alright guys, v1.0.3.37 is up!

Not a huge update, but a lot of fixes underwent in this.

Changelog:

April 1st 2014
v1.0.3.37
-Fixed the tiny chutes appearing in the editor
-Fixed the last bugs with parachute texture/canopy model not updating correctly
-Fixed symmetry counterparts not having the right deployed/predeployed diameter
-Added procedural diameter to canopies other than RealChute parts
-Fixed pressure/altitude deployment not switching on secondary chutes
-Fixed secondary canopy texture selector not displaying the one said in the module config on first initiation
-Parachute type can now be declared into the module node (main, drogue, drag)
-Removed all legacy parts from the tech tree to avoid confusion
-Moved the cone simple chute to the start TechNode
-KSP v0.23.5 (ARM) compatibility

Cheers everyone! :)

Great update. Very nice!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.