[1.12.X] RealChute Parachute Systems v1.4.8.3 | 24/01/21

stupid_chris

UPDATE: I copied my mod files & save directly to a 32-bit install of the game and everything works, so it seems to be a 64-bit problem.

Hello, I'm having a very strange bug: I've installed realchute v1.2.1 on ksp 64-bit and am using the stock chutes with the module manager. It loads fine, and I am able to place chutes on my vessels, but the chutes have no staging icon and I am unable to get the realchute config for any parachute to show up. I am able to launch my vessels, but the chute just sit there and I am unable to deploy it.

EDIT: I have the log file, but it's too long to post on the forums. Where should I put it?

The log files are in your root KSP directory.

There are no log files in your root KSP directory worth troubleshooting.

To find your log file:

• Windows: KSP_win\KSP_Data\output_log.txt
  • Mac OSX: Open Console, on the left side of the window there is a menu that says 'files'. Scroll down the list and find the Unity drop down, under Unity there will be Player.log Aka Files>~/Library/Logs>Unity>Player.log
  • Linux: ~/.config/unity3d/Squad/Kerbal\ Space\ Program/Player.log
  • NOT ksp.log file. Especially not ever.

Had this bug too. Shortest way to trigger it for me was:

Build and launch a ship (can list parts if necessary).

Orbit around Kerbin

Plot escape trajectory

Encounter Mun

Go to Map

Create Maneuver node

Leave map screen

... bam ...

Camera moves away. Ship experiences sudden acceleration and disintegrates.

Used mods:

Deadly Reentry

DebRefund

EditorExtensions

EngineerRedux

EnhancedNavBall

FAR

KJR

KAC

SelectRoot

MJ2

DockingAlignment

PreciseNode

RealChute

RemoteTech

TacLifeSupport

Toolbar

Disabled mod for mod until the problem disappeared.

Tested this for following mods:

Deadly Reentry

DebRefund

FAR

KJS

KAC

MechJeb2

PreciseNode

RemoteTech

So far only disabling RealChute made the problem go away.

And re-enabling it made the problem reappear.

Even though the craft in question does NOT contain a Real Chute part.

(It does contain a modulemanager config for the normal chutes though).

Below is the KSP.log for the time period in which the bug was triggered.

The full log is at http://qequoia.nl/ksp/KSP.log

And the full output log is at http://qequoia.nl/ksp/output.log

[LOG 23:15:41.585] Game State Saved as quicksave

[LOG 23:15:41.605] Game State Saved as persistent

[LOG 23:16:14.630] Camera Mode: AUTO

[LOG 23:16:21.061] Game Paused!

[LOG 23:16:21.712] Game Unpaused!

[WRN 23:16:21.713] Can not play a disabled audio source

[LOG 23:16:22.451] Tac.TacLifeSupport[FFF69DB6][350.58]: OnDestroy

[LOG 23:16:22.452] Tac.LifeSupportController[FFF69DB4][350.58]: OnDestroy

[LOG 23:16:22.459] RemoteTech: SatelliteManager: OnVesselDestroy(62e95aaf-5e19-4d2e-b99b-c9693568bbba, Kermini 4 Debris)

[LOG 23:16:22.459] RemoteTech: SatelliteManager: UnregisterProto(62e95aaf-5e19-4d2e-b99b-c9693568bbba)

[LOG 23:16:22.460] DebRefund Vessel Destroyed

[LOG 23:16:22.466] RemoteTech: ModuleRTAntenna: OnDestroy

[LOG 23:16:22.467] RemoteTech: ModuleSPUPassive: OnDestroy

[LOG 23:16:22.467] RemoteTech: SatelliteManager: Unregister(ModuleSPUPassive(null, 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000))

[LOG 23:16:22.469] RemoteTech: ModuleRTAntenna: OnDestroy

[LOG 23:16:22.469] RemoteTech: ModuleSPUPassive: OnDestroy

[LOG 23:16:22.469] RemoteTech: SatelliteManager: Unregister(ModuleSPUPassive(null, 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000))

[LOG 23:16:22.471] RemoteTech: ModuleRTAntenna: OnDestroy

[LOG 23:16:22.471] RemoteTech: ModuleSPUPassive: OnDestroy

[LOG 23:16:22.472] RemoteTech: SatelliteManager: Unregister(ModuleSPUPassive(null, 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000))

[LOG 23:16:22.472] RemoteTech: ModuleRTAntenna: OnDestroy

[LOG 23:16:22.473] RemoteTech: ModuleSPUPassive: OnDestroy

[LOG 23:16:22.473] RemoteTech: SatelliteManager: Unregister(ModuleSPUPassive(null, 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000))

[LOG 23:16:22.474] RemoteTech: ModuleRTAntenna: OnDestroy

[LOG 23:16:22.475] RemoteTech: ModuleSPUPassive: OnDestroy

[LOG 23:16:22.475] RemoteTech: SatelliteManager: Unregister(ModuleSPUPassive(null, 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000))

Chris, I think it's best for us to continue discussing SDHI-related RealChutes issues on GitHub, as I don't want my reports to interfere with the bulk of the issues other users are having in this thread.

I have the same problem, me is the chute, I add some strut´s and they goo away still attach to the ship and the chute, so I have a couple o Km of strut going from the ship to the chute :D

Regards

Thanks Chris, I don't remember if I made the whole program using 1.2.1, probably not.

Is it ok if I install it AFTER I have started and already have craft with stock chutes(I use the MM cfgs for them too)? I am afraid to do it now, maybe it will break with the same bug again?

No, eerything you made wilkl still be broken.

Ok still can't get KSP.24x64bit to load past Real chutes with the latest Real chutes patch. No output log to give, it just hangs at one of the real chute files and sits there. Left it last night for 6 hours while I went to sleep, the game never loaded, never gave the "Not Responding" error, and never crashed.

Guys, for the fifth billion time.

If your game hangs during loading, you have outdated configs inside your gamedata. Make sure you completely deleted the RealChute folder before installing the new version, and that you have no rogue MM files around and that you are using no mod that makes use of RealChute but did not update to the new system. Really just look at the part that hangs on load and find in your gamedata why it crashes.

I can't seem to find a link to the older version of this mod, does anyone have it? Or is the latest one backwards compatible with 0.23.5?

If you mean "will this one work on KSP 0.23.5: maybe. But I don't have RealChute v1.1.0.1 lying around.

@stupid_Chris i mean not the warp bug! But the out of focus camera bug, where your ship warps out of the Camera Focus and I'm not able to open the parachutes, because they are gone out of the staging sequence! Right in the moment the Camera focus is lost, IVA is Still in function, but out of iva im not able to deploy the chutes.

the Physics is going crazy as well.

kind regards Brigonius

1) Are you using stock chutes? If so switch to the RealChute parts until I post a fix for stock parts.

2) If not, did you design your mission/craft pr RealChute v1.2.1, as in before I posted the fix? As I said, the new version does not fix the bug on old crafts, it prevents it from showing up anymore.

would it function to remove the dll becouse 5 kerballs are going to die! if i can't land my craft on eve!

Yes but your parachute are not going to work anymore.

Hello, I'm having a very strange bug: I've installed realchute v1.2.1 on ksp 64-bit and am using the stock chutes with the module manager. It loads fine, and I am able to place chutes on my vessels, but the chutes have no staging icon and I am unable to get the realchute config for any parachute to show up. I am able to launch my vessels, but the chute just sit there and I am unable to deploy it.

EDIT: I have the log file, but it's too long to post on the forums. Where should I put it?

Don't use stock chutes until I have a fix ready. And pastebin, pastie, dropbox, whatever you feel.

Thanks for the reply. However if by your last sentence you mean the new COM bug was introduced with 1.2.1, I will stick with stock chutes for now :)

No that's the opposite, return to RealChute parts.

absolutly same!

-snip-

Stock chute bug, use RealChute parts.

UPDATE: I copied my mod files & save directly to a 32-bit install of the game and everything works, so it seems to be a 64-bit problem.

No it's not a 64bit bug, you simply didn'T reload the craft. As soon as you will it will break there too.

Chris, I think it's best for us to continue discussing SDHI-related RealChutes issues on GitHub, as I don't want my reports to interfere with the bulk of the issues other users are having in this thread.

Yeah, probably better.

I have the same problem, me is the chute, I add some strut´s and they goo away still attach to the ship and the chute, so I have a couple o Km of strut going from the ship to the chute :D

Regards

That really doesn't help me.

Guys, it takes a lot of time for me to reply to all of these posts. Try to help yourself a little before posting here, there hasn't been a new bug report on the past two pages.

If you are having the COM bug:

1) If it was with stock parts, don't use them as I said three pages ago they were bugged.

2) If it was with RealChute parts, completely destroy that craft file and start a new one.

3) If you have it hang on load, there's an outdated config somewhere.

Edited by stupid_chris

Uhh.. no thanks to the settings icon. If you don't want it on the VAB Action Group settings page, then a better place is Blizzy's Toolbar (so we can set it visible once, change settings, and remove it).....
How about a pony? Would you like one of those too?

Thanks for your most unhelpful post. Nonetheless, removing the screen-polluting icon is still a good idea.

Remember.. When one has only insults to proffer, there is merit in silence.

Thanks for your most unhelpful post. Nonetheless, removing the screen-polluting icon is still a good idea.

Remember.. When one has only insults to proffer, there is merit in silence.

That was not an insult from what I see, but a way to make you realize that your attitude was /demanding/ things of me, which is not something I appreciate.

As I said on the previous pages, Toolbar integration is not happening. Like it or not the button stays. Hide it using the h key if you're not happy. Else, next time you would like to request a feature, I'd really like of you to not demand things of me.

The way he phrased it might not have been appropriate, but i don't really see why forcing a button onto the users screen is a reasonable choice, unless that button is strictly needed for proper function of the mod. After all, others have mentioned this before.

You might not want to implement toolbar integration, but at least a way to permanently disable a not-strictly-needed UI element wouldn't be too much work? Or is the hide-setting remembered in the configuration? If yes, then forget everything i wrote - don't see what people are complaining about then - except maybe more prominently telling them about how to disable the button - after all, since it is a "frequently asked question"... well.... :)

The way he phrased it might not have been appropriate, but i don't really see why forcing a button onto the users screen is a reasonable choice, unless that button is strictly needed for proper function of the mod. After all, others have mentioned this before.

You might not want to implement toolbar integration, but at least a way to permanently disable a not-strictly-needed UI element wouldn't be too much work? Or is the hide-setting remembered in the configuration? If yes, then forget everything i wrote - don't see what people are complaining about then - except maybe more prominently telling them about how to disable the button - after all, since it is a "frequently asked question"... well.... :)

Toolbar integration is not happening as I said, it's not because of how much work it is, because it's not, it's that I don't want to, as simple as it is. And yes, the hiding is remembered, if you hide the button and never ask for it to be back it won't.

I really don't understand people's problem with this little button. OK, it is not integrated in some toolbar. Big deal. How much time do you spend on the space center screen? 1 min for every hour and a half playtime?

I don't mind it and to be honest I prefer if Stupid_Chris has more time to debug, rather than be forced to respond to pointless discussions about his own mod's design choices. In the end the bold part in my previous sentence implies that the author has the final say on the design choices he makes.

If you don't like something about a mod and you were able to install it - you should be just as able to uninstall it and stop using it.

I don't see the point in wasting 2 pages for a discussion about a 12x12 px button, which by no means interrupts your gameplay, even though the mod author responded firmly to the first post regarding it.

Sorry for the rant, but pointless stuff like this made the mods lock the B9 thread. Please stick to discussing bugs with Chris, I am sure he has more than enough work on those.

No, eerything you made wilkl still be broken.

If your game hangs during loading, you have outdated configs inside your gamedata. Make sure you completely deleted the RealChute folder before installing the new version, and that you have no rogue MM files around and that you are using no mod that makes use of RealChute but did not update to the new system. Really just look at the part that hangs on load and find in your gamedata why it crashes.

This shi happens on completely clean KSP 0.24. Tryed load it with "Chutes" and same thing. No old versions, no other stuff. Only KSP, Chutes and despair...

This shi happens on completely clean KSP 0.24. Tryed load it with "Chutes" and same thing. No old versions, no other stuff. Only KSP, Chutes and despair...

And when you looked at your log files, where was it hanging? You did check them out as advised right?

Or if you just have no idea what to look for, post them here for someone more knowledgeable to look at them.

But, no logs, then no help to be found.

I'm not very good at editing save files. Can someone tell me how I should do this to replace the old parts with the new parts? I'd very much like to bring my old saved game into 0.24 along with the new version of RealChutes.

Great mod Chris! Appreciate all the work.

Anyways, for something different, here's my favorite use of the mod.

I'm having a issue while loading, it gets stuck here: http://prntscr.com/44wzjh, im using the RO mod and RSS aswell, but in the RO folder there is no such file or path: http://prntscr.com/44wzrw

Any idea what's causing this? And ty Chris, this is one of the most enjoyable mods i'm using on KSP.

edit:

log entry: http://prntscr.com/44x1d2

Edited by Rakird

So I was having the same issue. A "Nearly" Clean re-install (I deleted all my mods out of GameData, then Did a Refresh via Steam...) After 8 attempts by loading only one file at a time, I deleted RealChute out of my game completely. Verified that the game loaded. Noticed I had some issues with Stock chutes, so I re-downloaded again via Steam.

Long story short, at some point back in the day an older version of RealChute had put a file in my SQUAD directory under Gamedata with stock chutes. I deleted that file, re-installed Realchutes and Viola! I am up and running on X64.

Could you make a 1.5 metre parachute? I don't want to make a 1.5 metre rocket and have a parachute that's as big as the command pod.

Read the first post. In the chute's settings (action group > click on the chute) there's a size option.

Does anyone know if Mechjeb recognises Realchutes' 'chutes as such? For example, will it use them in the landing autopilot if you tell it to use parachutes

Why don't you try? But i think so yes.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.