[1.12.X] RealChute Parachute Systems v1.4.8.3 | 24/01/21

stupid_chris

What Starwaster said. Editing your save file could work, but it might be very complex depending on how advanced you are and how complex your craft is.

Edit how? Or as Starwaster seems to suggest, do I have to read 184 pages to try and find it?

EDIT: Well I found rc.stack in the save file (so glad we can have our own named saves now) but I'm a little lost on what needs to be altered.

Fwiw there is a rc.stack part that is part of the vessel, I mention this just in case the intention was to manually put the chute back after it had been lost. It appears to me it isn't lost, at least not YET in the save file I am looking at....

EDIT2: Reload with v1.2.2.2 installed. No joy.

Here's the "part" section of my save file...

PART
{
name = RC.stack
uid = 2399009926
mid = 2316873231
launchID = 11
parent = 0
position = 0,1.3105583190918,0
rotation = 0,0,0,1
mirror = 1,1,1
istg = 0
dstg = 0
sqor = 0
sidx = 1
attm = 0
srfN = None, -1
attN = top, 18
attN = bottom, 0
mass = 0.4809169
temp = -869.1506
expt = 0.5
state = 0
connected = True
attached = True
flag = FederalProductions/Flags/KSPA
rTrf = RC.stack
EVENTS
{
}
ACTIONS
{
}
MODULE
{
name = RealChuteModule
isEnabled = True
caseMass = 0.35
cutSpeed = 0.5
timer = 0
mustGoDown = True
deployOnGround = False
spareChutes = 5
initiated = True
capOff = False
wait = True
armed = False
oneWasDeployed = False
staged = False
launched = True
baseDrag = 0.32
chuteCount = 5
EVENTS
{
GUIDeploy
{
active = True
guiActive = True
guiIcon = Deploy Chute
guiName = Deploy Chute
category = Deploy Chute
guiActiveUnfocused = True
unfocusedRange = 5
externalToEVAOnly = True
}
GUICut
{
active = False
guiActive = True
guiIcon = Cut main chute
guiName = Cut chute
category = Cut main chute
unfocusedRange = 5
externalToEVAOnly = True
}
GUIArm
{
active = False
guiActive = False
guiIcon = Arm parachute
guiName = Arm parachute
category = Arm parachute
unfocusedRange = 5
externalToEVAOnly = True
}
GUIDisarm
{
active = True
guiActive = False
guiIcon = Disarm parachute
guiName = Disarm parachute
category = Disarm parachute
guiActiveUnfocused = False
unfocusedRange = 5
externalToEVAOnly = True
}
GUIRepack
{
active = True
guiActive = False
guiIcon = Repack chute
guiName = Repack chute
category = Repack chute
unfocusedRange = 5
externalToEVAOnly = True
}
GUIToggleWindow
{
active = True
guiActive = True
guiActiveEditor = True
guiIcon = Toggle info
guiName = Toggle info
category = Toggle info
unfocusedRange = 2
externalToEVAOnly = True
}
}
ACTIONS
{
ActionDeploy
{
actionGroup = None
}
ActionCut
{
actionGroup = None
}
ActionArm
{
actionGroup = None
active = False
}
ActionDisarm
{
actionGroup = None
}
}
PARACHUTE
{
material = Nylon
preDeployedDiameter = 2.5
deployedDiameter = 48.5
minIsPressure = False
minDeployment = 900
minPressure = False
deploymentAlt = 700
cutAlt = -1
preDeploymentSpeed = 2
deploymentSpeed = 6
parachuteName = RC_triple_canopy
capName = cap2
forcedOrientation = 20
depState = STOWED
}
PARACHUTE
{
material = Kevlar
preDeployedDiameter = 10.5
deployedDiameter = 20.5
minIsPressure = False
minDeployment = 30000
minPressure = False
deploymentAlt = 2500
cutAlt = 1000
preDeploymentSpeed = 1
deploymentSpeed = 3
parachuteName = RC_canopy2
capName = cap
forcedOrientation = 20
depState = STOWED
}
}
MODULE
{
name = ProceduralChute
isEnabled = True
caseID = 3
lastCaseID = 3
size = 4
lastSize = 4
planets = 0
presetID = 9
originalSize = (1, 1, 1)
top = 0.1544
bottom = -0.1304
debut = 1
initiated = True
mustGoDown = True
deployOnGround = False
secondaryChute = True
timer = 0s
cutSpeed = 0.5
spares = 5
EVENTS
{
}
ACTIONS
{
}
CHUTE
{
chuteID = 0
modelID = 1
typeID = 0
lastTypeID = 0
position = (0.0, 0.0, 0.0)
isPressure = False
calcSelect = True
getMass = False
useDry = True
preDepDiam = 2.5
depDiam = 48.5
predepClause = 900
mass = 4.18
landingSpeed = 6
deceleration = 10
refDepAlt = 700
chuteCount = 1
deploymentAlt = 700
cutAlt =
preDepSpeed = 2
depSpeed = 6
}
CHUTE
{
chuteID = 1
modelID = 0
typeID = 1
lastTypeID = 1
position = (0.0, 0.0, 0.0)
isPressure = False
calcSelect = True
getMass = True
useDry = True
preDepDiam = 10.5
depDiam = 20.5
predepClause = 30000
mass = 10
landingSpeed = 80
deceleration = 10
refDepAlt = 700
chuteCount = 1
deploymentAlt = 2500
cutAlt = 1000
preDepSpeed = 1
depSpeed = 3
}
}
}

Edited by tg626

I am sorry if this is redundant but i could not find anything in the thread about it. (No I did not read all 186 pages, but I scanned quite a few back.) On loading Realchute to KSP (v0.24.0.549 both 32 and 64bit) all parachutes stop working. In the VAB when you add a parachute to the ship the event is not added to staging and when you right click on the part nothing happens.

I have dumped all other mods and verified KSP files from steam. Still happens. I even replaced the ModManager 2.2.0 that came with RealChute with a copy directly downloaded. No dice.

This is the event in Output_log

parachuteSingle(Clone) added to ship - part count: 2

That is the same in both the 32 and 64bit files. I can get you the full files if needed.

Any Ideas?

Thanks

In regards to asking how I could replace the parts in the save file...

Yes it would, but it would be hard and probably long unless you know my API by heart and know what is what precisely. You can try, but editing save files is very risky.

That was way above my pay grade. Since I've already done my Laythe landings, I really didn't need the chutes anymore. So I did a far simpler thing, replaced all of them with strut ends. Now I can play in 0.24!

Thanks for all the hard work Chris. Love this mod.

I am sorry if this is redundant but i could not find anything in the thread about it. (No I did not read all 186 pages, but I scanned quite a few back.) On loading Realchute to KSP (v0.24.0.549 both 32 and 64bit) all parachutes stop working. In the VAB when you add a parachute to the ship the event is not added to staging and when you right click on the part nothing happens.

I have dumped all other mods and verified KSP files from steam. Still happens. I even replaced the ModManager 2.2.0 that came with RealChute with a copy directly downloaded. No dice.

This is the event in Output_log

parachuteSingle(Clone) added to ship - part count: 2

That is the same in both the 32 and 64bit files. I can get you the full files if needed.

Any Ideas?

Thanks

That sounds like your RealChute is several versions behind. You don't say what version you have. You need to have the very latest, 1.2.2.2

Also, the full output_log.txt file would have been nice; that one line excerpt says nothing. (sorry but it doesn't)

(if you had included your output_log.txt file - dropbox.com is good for that - everyone would know what version of RC you have already, and it's really necessary for any real troubleshooting)

That sounds like your RealChute is several versions behind. You don't say what version you have. You need to have the very latest, 1.2.2.2

Also, the full output_log.txt file would have been nice; that one line excerpt says nothing. (sorry but it doesn't)

(if you had included your output_log.txt file - dropbox.com is good for that - everyone would know what version of RC you have already, and it's really necessary for any real troubleshooting)

Thanks Starwaster.

I am on 1.2.2.2. Have redownloaded from both mediafire and kerbalstuff.

I will post here in a moment with a DB link to both my output_log files. This is happening in both 32bit and 64. I didn't go through putting them up before because I wasn't sure if this was an easy fix mistake on my part or not.

Here are my output_logs for both 32 and 64 bit.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pyhvcsmjw7ro1du/32bit%20output_log.txt

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ekg9gihzm6dlzb4/64bit%20output_log.txt

Thanks for everyone's time and help on this.

And a huge thanks to Stupid_Chris for putting his time and heart into making and maintaining this mod.

Here are my output_logs for both 32 and 64 bit.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pyhvcsmjw7ro1du/32bit%20output_log.txt

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ekg9gihzm6dlzb4/64bit%20output_log.txt

Thanks for everyone's time and help on this.

And a huge thanks to Stupid_Chris for putting his time and heart into making and maintaining this mod.

Just found this in the 64bit output_log

PartLoader: Compiling Part 'Squad/Parts/Utility/parachute_single/part/parachuteSingle'

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

Added sound_parachute_open to FXGroup activate

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

Cannot find a PartModule of typename 'RealChuteModule'

Cannot find a PartModule of typename 'RealChuteModule'

Cannot find a PartModule of typename 'ProceduralChute'

Does that happen with existing or saved crafts only (which would be, alas, expected), or newly designed ones as well (which wouldn't) ?

Do you use any other mod (RSS or FAR might explain why your threshold is 3km rather than 6km and might point to a mod interaction bug rather than one purely with RealChute), have you reproduced it methodically, if so what are the conditions ?

I'm up to 50 launches on a 230 mods install since 1.2.2.2, no problems yet but I haven't tested all conditions yet.

Edited by EthanKerbman

Does that happen with existing or saved crafts only, or newly designed ones as well ?

Do you use any other mod, have you reproduced it methodically, if so what are the conditions ?

I'm up to 50 launches on a 230 mods install since 1.2.2.2, no problems yet but I haven't tested all conditions yet.

No, nevermind... Removed RealChutes and the issue persists...

Sorry, just installed from your link in OP and got a CTD when I tried to update the parachute (Thought it may be helpful to post instead of just waiting dumbly for another release) hope it helps more than just ruining your day:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ttvxrzcmioshfmp/2014-07-23_201442.zip

What is a CTD? I am having an issue currently that may be similar. I could not open your zip.

What is a CTD? I am having an issue currently that may be similar. I could not open your zip.

Crash to desktop.

What is that option "automatically arm when deployed" for? And is it possible to hide that RC button from KSC screen?

Crash to desktop.

What is that option "automatically arm when deployed" for? And is it possible to hide that RC button from KSC screen?

It means that if the chute does not meet conditions for deployment that it will arm itself instead.

If a chute meets deployment consitions while armed, it will deploy at that time. that matches stock chute behavior. Also, a chute configured to deploy on ground contact is considered armed for that condition at all times. (i.e. drag chute)

With 1.2.2.2 the midair problem seems to be solved. For the symmetry problem: my experience is that the symmetry isn't really the problem. With just one in-line chute there is still a drag to one side but weaker, so SAS can compensate. This problem scales with chute count, mass or aerodynamic surface area and speed of the rocket.

Edited by Kolago

With 1.2.2.2 the midair problem seems to be solved. For the symmetry problem: my experience is that the symmetry isn't really the problem. With just one in-line chute there is still a drag to one side but weaker, so SAS can compensate. This problem scales with chute count, mass or aerodynamic surface area and speed of the rocket.

Thats strange. I don't get any of those issues any more. Did you made the craft with a previous version? You gotta replace them all after update.

Thats strange. I don't get any of those issues any more. Did you made the craft with a previous version? You gotta replace them all after update.

I build from scratch. Its like there are invisible small drag chutes.

I am still having problems sadly. None of my chutes show up in the staging menu (VAB or launchpad) and will not activate by right clicking. Furthermore if I go on ahead with the mission like this the game flips out. The camera will lose track of the ship mid flight and my trajectory indicator in map view drastically moves around from solar escape to landed and back again continuously. Quickloading will cause this to happen as well. Truly, a bug for the ages! :confused:

Why is that? And is this set in stone, or is Squad gonna fix this? I have dozens of crafts in flight I am still using, are you saying these will never work again after 0.24?

Edited by LostOblivion