[1.12.X] RealChute Parachute Systems v1.4.8.3 | 24/01/21

stupid_chris

Are you accessing the part through the Action Groups Menu?

im in the editor, right clicking the part, and i only see "toggle info" rather than the options.

have the tweakables been moved to the action groups?

Chris...It's probably been suggested but since I didn't see it in the OP or the last few pages of this and the (now closed) Dev-thread, I'll go ahead and suggest it (again?):

Can you make an option so that the automatic calculator, while configuring a certain chute, considers just the current stage's weight? (based on the presence of a decoupler on the same stage as the chute or the next decoupler going up the stages, and summing the weight of all parts between the "top" decoupler and the next one down the chain [the parachute in question being in between])?

Right now it seems to be calculated through the whole craft. It isn't a major problem since you can make and (auto-)configure individual stages using the sub-assembly system, and them plugging them all together for the final craft; But still, I don't know about others, but I make A LOT of "one time wonders" (crafts completely and specifically design for one single mission), and I'm currently having to go back and forth a billion times between the parts tab, to check the dry weight of the parts, my trusty calculator, since math is a pain, and the AGM+Chute-Configurator, to manually adjust each chute.

I'll also be suggesting a per-stage wet/dry weight calculation on MechJeb (for the stage info panel) and EngineerRedux, since they apparently don't currently have it and it would also be useful for this and other reasons...

As usual, thanks for the mod! :)

-----

Oh, and one last thing: Since you did release the update within a week, I guess I'll spare you from the salt mines when I dominate the world (SOONâ„¢)...You will be working as a construction assistant instead...

http://media1.break.com/dnet/media/2012/8/31/9c5f0206-1a5c-4264-81cb-c6f6f0426392.jpg :wink:

You'd be surprised how hard determining what "current stage" actually means is.

What Nathan said. Determining current stage is /hard/. It's been proposed before, and I've answered the same before, I'm not willing to get into this. If I do, it'll be once I have implemented a lot of other things that are on my todo list, i.e. not in a close future.

Besides, there's tons of ways you can do it. You can input the mass manually, and figuring out the mass of what you want to land is not really all that hard.

i think i have a small bug, i cannot make any tweaks to my RealChute parts, either the scale of the parts or the parachute characteristics... is this a known bug or do i have to go into CSI mode?
im in the editor, right clicking the part, and i only see "toggle info" rather than the options.

have the tweakables been moved to the action groups?

RealChute tweakables have always been in the action groups editor window??

i had the 6km bug as well. I had not followed the instructions, too the letter and it bit me.

i removed every parachute part that i had and then put them back with the correct / installation, and the 6km bug went away....

You should be able to deploy them staging or right-clicking on them. If that's not working, check your installation. You should have a RealChute_Settings.cfg KSP/GameData/RealChute.

When I select them in the VAB, I don't get the staging icon :/

Make sure you've installed the latest version of RealChute, then run the game and try to attach a parachute. Next, post a link to your player.log. You can locate that by reading this post. It helps to right-click on "player.log" in Console and choose Reveal in Finder.

Huh... I've been getting the good ol' 6km bug since I updated to 1.2.3... At first I thought it's just with HGR chutes but it props up with all the stock/RC ones as well...
i had the 6km bug as well. I had not followed the instructions, too the letter and it bit me.

i removed every parachute part that i had and then put them back with the correct / installation, and the 6km bug went away....

Looogs.

You haven't installed the mod correctly.

Looogs.

I am having the issue where the CoM drops out the bottom of the vessel, causing the vessel to fly away from the camera. (Not sure if this is the issue that BananaDealer and drtedastro are having)

steps for reproduction:

1. Build rocket in VAB (Mine uses procedural parts, KW and NP as well)
  2. Launch Rocket as normal
  3. at an altitude of 5.5km the CoM will fall out the bottom of the vessel

Also, here is the log. I am using Windows 7 KSP .24.2 64bit.

I am having the issue where the CoM drops out the bottom of the vessel, causing the vessel to fly away from the camera. (Not sure if this is the issue that BananaDealer and drtedastro are having)

steps for reproduction:

3Mb of log <.<

Well, from a quick look, nothing points to RealChute, but two things:

First, a lot of those:

HandleD3DDeviceLost
HandleD3DDeviceLost: still lost
Skipped frame because GfxDevice is in invalid state (device lost)

Don't tab out of KSP when in full screen, you're pretty much running after trouble when doing that. Play in borderless windowed.

And also a lot of errors from clouds:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at Clouds.Clouds.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

So yeah I'd put my money on that one.

steps for reproduction:

Delete the DLLs at Klockheed_Martian/plugins and try again

Make sure you've installed the latest version of RealChute, then run the game and try to attach a parachute. Next, post a link to your player.log. You can locate that by reading this post. It helps to right-click on "player.log" in Console and choose Reveal in Finder.

Just redownloaded the mod. I moved both GameData folders to my GameData folder in KSP... got nothing. I then went into each GameData and pulled the "Realchutes" and "ModuleManager" Folders and put them in GameData. I get the chutes once again like before, but still no staging icons or anything.

I am really sorry to be bothering you folks with this and I don't want to look like a moron for something simple, but this is still new to me...