[1.12.X] RealChute Parachute Systems v1.4.8.3 | 24/01/21

stupid_chris

Can you implement the safe chute system into real chutes? Safe chute is kinda dead, and integration would also ensure that the feature will always work. Also, on regards to the ballutes, maybe you can add them as a material, and give it a new characteristic called "lift", which would give it the ballony effect.

Maybe I'm mistaken but that would be deployable "airbags" to minimize impact, not real ballutes which work like parachutes for deceleration, right?

roverdude made some (they don't work for .24 yet): http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/83134-23-5-Deployable-Airbags-(plugin-version)-v0-1-3-2014-06-18

If anyone finds 'Ballutes' for aerobraking and such, please pass info on.

thanks.

Stupid_chris, thanks for all that you have done...

It seems the costs were not updated in 1.2.4. I noticed the cone and radial chute have a cost and entry cost of zero. I confirmed by checking the .cfg file. Is this an omission or on purpose?

Read the title. Read the first post and release notes. Procedural costs are procedural.

Go go into the game and slap a chute on something. Change chute stats. Watch Prices..

I'd like to ask, is there any way to set deployment to manual, as in I click staging once to predeploy and second time to fully deploy or something similiar? Or kind of action groups deployment options? Or any other hacky way to override automatic deployment methods :)

It seems the costs were not updated in 1.2.4. I noticed the cone and radial chute have a cost and entry cost of zero. I confirmed by checking the .cfg file. Is this an omission or on purpose?

What Starwaster said. It's set through part case and parachute width

I'd like to ask, is there any way to set deployment to manual, as in I click staging once to predeploy and second time to fully deploy or something similiar? Or kind of action groups deployment options? Or any other hacky way to override automatic deployment methods :)

Not really, and creating an overwrite for this would not be worth the coding time (i.e. long and hard without a return worth the energy spent)

Crashing on clicking on the Action Groups button in VAB/SPH. Suspect two mods aren't playing well but I have no idea which. I saw RealChute in the output trace, so I posted it here.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/74775048/output%20logs/ksp/output_log.txt

I'd be more suspicious of Action Group Extended than Real Chute.

I'd be more suspicious of Action Group Extended than Real Chute.

A while ago (so I'm not sure if it's any different now) I had problems with AGx and it was because of 2.2.1 Module Manager. Switched up to 2.2.0 and everything works so far.

A while ago (so I'm not sure if it's any different now) I had problems with AGx and it was because of 2.2.1 Module Manager. Switched up to 2.2.0 and everything works so far.

Is there any essential missing feature between .2.2.0 and .2.2.1?

Hello to all.

Stupid_Chris;

I am trying to fully understand how to modify certain chute parts to be 'different'. For this example, I am trying to figure out how i can make the 'Tantares' chute into a drogue and main 'combo'.

The mm config as supplied with RealChutes is working fine for a single chute, but I would like to modify to be able to be the double config.

there are no double chute configs listed in the presets. How can i modify this to allow double chute configs???

thanks in advance.

DrTedAstro.

Is there any essential missing feature between .2.2.0 and .2.2.1?

The only difference is that 2.2.1 adds some button code. Any perceived problems were likely coincidence.

2.2.2 btw adds code to hide the button when not in use

Hello to all.

Stupid_Chris;

I am trying to fully understand how to modify certain chute parts to be 'different'. For this example, I am trying to figure out how i can make the 'Tantares' chute into a drogue and main 'combo'.

The mm config as supplied with RealChutes is working fine for a single chute, but I would like to modify to be able to be the double config.

there are no double chute configs listed in the presets. How can i modify this to allow double chute configs???

thanks in advance.

DrTedAstro.

Because you can't add/remove the number of parachutes from a part. You can change the textures, models, and size, but not this. That's because it needs as many transforms as it has parachutes, and they must all have different identifier, adsince this is written in the model files themselves, I can't procedurally create hem, else the code would have no idea which parachute to animate as they would all be identical to it. So only parachutes which have premade copies of themselves with different names can do that i.e. my chutes.

So yeah you can't have combo chutes with anything that doesn't already have double chutes.

Because you can't add/remove the number of parachutes from a part. You can change the textures, models, and size, but not this. That's because it needs as many transforms as it has parachutes, and they must all have different identifier, adsince this is written in the model files themselves, I can't procedurally create hem, else the code would have no idea which parachute to animate as they would all be identical to it. So only parachutes which have premade copies of themselves with different names can do that i.e. my chutes.

So yeah you can't have combo chutes with anything that doesn't already have double chutes.

Transforms can be added through separate models though that only exist to package the transforms.

Im having trouble making the proper chute.. I need an inline parachute that is centered along the CoM for a rover drop. The only one I can seem to make have two parachute. This is fine, but im having another issue. The current inline chute has a main and secondary chute. I need these to go off at the same time for that CoM. So I mirror the settings. But no matter what I do the secondary chute for some reason is way larger then the main. 47m vs 9. Any tips?

Transforms can be added through separate models though that only exist to package the transforms.

Which I'm currently doing, but cannot do if those models do not exist.

Im having trouble making the proper chute.. I need an inline parachute that is centered along the CoM for a rover drop. The only one I can seem to make have two parachute. This is fine, but im having another issue. The current inline chute has a main and secondary chute. I need these to go off at the same time for that CoM. So I mirror the settings. But no matter what I do the secondary chute for some reason is way larger then the main. 47m vs 9. Any tips?

You're not applying. But to start with, use the presets, there's an option for that and it applies automatically.

Hm.. I see, thanks Chris. As for not applying.. are there two apply buttons somewhere for each chute? I must've missed that..

Yes, there are two buttons. One for the main and one for the secondary. Scroll down to find the second button

I'm sorry if this is the wrong place for this, but I'm getting tired of experimenting. I've for FAR, DR and real chutes installed, (along with a ton of others) and my Mk1-2 wouldn't survive splashdown at 6kph. All it was was the pod and the stock XL chute, maybe with DR's heatshield still attached. Is the stock chute not enough?

I'm sorry if this is the wrong place for this, but I'm getting tired of experimenting. I've for FAR, DR and real chutes installed, (along with a ton of others) and my Mk1-2 wouldn't survive splashdown at 6kph. All it was was the pod and the stock XL chute, maybe with DR's heatshield still attached. Is the stock chute not enough?

It should be plenty for just that pod & heat shield. Post your output_log.txt file (or player.log if Mac or Linux)

To find your log file:

• Windows: KSP_win\KSP_Data\output_log.txt
  • Mac OSX: Open Console, on the left side of the window there is a menu that says 'files'. Scroll down the list and find the Unity drop down, under Unity there will be Player.log Aka Files>~/Library/Logs>Unity>Player.log
  • Linux: ~/.config/unity3d/Squad/Kerbal\ Space\ Program/Player.log