[1.12.X] RealChute Parachute Systems v1.4.8.3 | 24/01/21

stupid_chris

Just for your personal use: If you want to reduce partcount and get SAS in the same time just edit your files and add a module via an MM config:

He's not saying HE wants that. There was a request for possible ways to help those asking for a way to stop toppling so we threw out ideas.

Also that adds SAS all the time while what he was saying was some SAS just once touched down.

hi all!

I'm having this problem: when i open the action groups page and try to modify the parameters for the chutes all goess fine, but when i push the buttons for the planets (duna, eve etc) what happens is that the dedicated window just become unintellegible, all the text run out of the window and the only thing that i can read is the total mass and total case part costs.

I'm using RSS-RO, maybe is some other mod that is conflicting?

Thank you for your efforts here!

hi all!

I'm having this problem: when i open the action groups page and try to modify the parameters for the chutes all goess fine, but when i push the buttons for the planets (duna, eve etc) what happens is that the dedicated window just become unintellegible, all the text run out of the window and the only thing that i can read is the total mass and total case part costs.

I'm using RSS-RO, maybe is some other mod that is conflicting?

Thank you for your efforts here!

Logs.

Having an issue with this mod. It maybe some interaction because I do run 70ish mods, but I am unable to use my engineers to repack the chutes from this mod. I have lvl 1 engineers from orbiting kerbin. On my install without real chute I can repack stock chutes just fine with the mod none of my lvl 1 engineer can do this. I can foresee an issue if this mod handles kerbals by name as I use ship manifest to change kerbal names, but even stock named kerbals are unable to repack. This is in career mode. I will post logs if you want, but so far I haven't been able to locate any trace of an issue there.

Having an issue with this mod. It maybe some interaction because I do run 70ish mods, but I am unable to use my engineers to repack the chutes from this mod. I have lvl 1 engineers from orbiting kerbin. On my install without real chute I can repack stock chutes just fine with the mod none of my lvl 1 engineer can do this. I can foresee an issue if this mod handles kerbals by name as I use ship manifest to change kerbal names, but even stock named kerbals are unable to repack. This is in career mode. I will post logs if you want, but so far I haven't been able to locate any trace of an issue there.

Yeah bool operator error, you'll need lvl2 engineers.

I dont understand. In stock it is hardcoded? How can repack do it without this mod then?

Everything that has to do with RealChute has absolutely nothing to do with stock. Stock parachutes and RealChute are two different things, and comparing both is as good as comparing apples and oranges.

Okay what is is realchute that make me unable to repack? Stock has the same feature that only lvl 1 engineer+ can repack. What is different that i can no longer repack chutes? The message when I try with realchutes says lvl 1 engineers. I am confused.

Okay what is is realchute that make me unable to repack? Stock has the same feature that only lvl 1 engineer+ can repack. What is different that i can no longer repack chutes? The message when I try with realchutes says lvl 1 engineers. I am confused.
Yeah bool operator error, you'll need lvl2 engineers.

I answered to that question. It's a bug. It's set to check level > 1 instead of >= 1.

Anyway, it's a non-issue anyway, because the optimization update I've been prepairing for about three-four weeks now is ready.

Changelog:

March 12th 2015
v1.3
-Massive optimization of every line of code in RealChute. Literally. Everything.
-Massive optimizations of all the GUIs and of the editor window.
-Presets no longer save the target body, so you can easily apply any preset to any body
-FAR compatibility fixed, previous versions would not correctly use the fetched values
-You can now select if only engineers can repack parachutes in career mode
-You can also select the minimum level required for engineers to repair parachutes in career mode (0 to 5)
-Complying with the last two changes, fixed the bug with engineer levels and repacking in career mode
-Stock parachutes have been removed from the Utility tab and now only appear in the Parachutes tab
-Did I say massive optimization?

Really no big features here. Just a hecka lot of optimization. About 4000 lines of diff just for this update, really, a lot of things changed in the background. This is all in aim to have everything as stable and solid as I can for what is to come. There are a few bugfixes here and there, and I added an option to control if only engineers can repack chutes in career and also from which level they can in the SpaceCenter's settings window.

As always, don't forget to *COMPLETELY* remove the previous RealChute installation before updating. This is critical this time.

That being said, cheers guys :)

Edited by stupid_chris

I am very disappointed with this update. It has reduced the number of parts stuffed into the utility tab. I mean, that's what it's there for right? My only consolation is that all my other mods haven't gone this route and my utility tab is still 8 pages long and takes me a few minutes to find anything there.

Let's hope they don't take a page from your book and declutter the place further!

Edward

PS. Everything is awesome in this update. ;']

Everything is good so far I had to change the lvl requirement to 0 for my lvl 1 eng tor repack so its still the same as b4 but at least I have the option now. THANK YOU!

Nope, you did something wrong, I tested it myself, and the boolean operator in the code is fixed, I'm fairly positive that a lvl1 engineer will be able to repack if the minimum level is set to 1. Hell, I even dropped it at 0 to test and tried to see if a recruit engineer could repack a chute, and it could. So I'm 100% positive it works flawlessly :P

I am very disappointed with this update. It has reduced the number of parts stuffed into the utility tab. I mean, that's what it's there for right? My only consolation is that all my other mods haven't gone this route and my utility tab is still 8 pages long and takes me a few minutes to find anything there.

Let's hope they don't take a page from your book and declutter the place further!

Edward

PS. Everything is awesome in this update. ;']

Yes, very disconcerting.

I lose sleep at night worrying that my Utility tab is going to depopulate overnight and Squad will decide to get rid of it in the next update. The collapse of western civilization could be next!