[1.12.X] RealChute Parachute Systems v1.4.8.3 | 24/01/21

stupid_chris

• 4 months later...

EcVrbK9.jpg

Little question about rope size, it seems to thick and long for this size of ships (1.25). I suppose that on bigger rockets it would look good. I think i have the lightest type of chute selected, maybe u can help me.

Any news about RP-2? That's going to be amazing by looking at RP-1.

6 hours ago, NaviG said:

Little question about rope size, it seems to thick and long for this size of ships (1.25). I suppose that on bigger rockets it would look good. I think i have the lightest type of chute selected, maybe u can help me.

Any news about RP-2? That's going to be amazing by looking at RP-1.

The canopy size is dynamically sized to the actual physical size of the parachute.

5 hours ago, stupid_chris said:

The canopy size is dynamically sized to the actual physical size of the parachute.

Yeah, i've been trying. If someone wants to know, you can choose the size of the parachute instead of let Realchute calculate it. Maybe it would be nice if it takes the mass of last(s) stages(s), so it doesn't oversize. 

What does the "parachutes used (parachutes" option? I have 3 but I only see one arming.

XimfdIJ.png

3 hours ago, NaviG said:

What does the "parachutes used (parachutes" option? I have 3 but I only see one arming.

AFAIK, one chute part on the staging display will contain 3 chutes when deployed.  You don't stage 3 separate chutes, just the one part that you placed on the vessel.

11 hours ago, NaviG said:

Yeah, i've been trying. If someone wants to know, you can choose the size of the parachute instead of let Realchute calculate it. Maybe it would be nice if it takes the mass of last(s) stages(s), so it doesn't oversize. 

Both of these questions are answered in the FAQ in the first post of this thread.
GBsUMk9.png

On 3/9/2023 at 11:34 AM, stupid_chris said:

Both of these questions are answered in the FAQ in the first post of this thread.
GBsUMk9.png

I have to admit i didn't understand, but after some tries now i understand. Cool feature!!

Now i'm trying to use the restock's chutes models with realchute but i'm not able to, this is so hard :( I prefer those instead the "single" and "drag" chutes models. I've been reading something about adding those canopy models on TextureLibrary.cfg but i failed.

• 1 month later...
On 3/12/2023 at 4:13 PM, NaviG said:

I have to admit i didn't understand, but after some tries now i understand. Cool feature!!

Now i'm trying to use the restock's chutes models with realchute but i'm not able to, this is so hard :( I prefer those instead the "single" and "drag" chutes models. I've been reading something about adding those canopy models on TextureLibrary.cfg but i failed.

I don't believe Restock bundles their parachute canopies separately from the cases, so this is probably not possible.

7 hours ago, Aperson3546 said:

does this work with restock?

Yes, it does. Restock is mostly just a reskinning.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I have a problem when Stage Recovery and Real Chutes are both installed together, causing lag/stuttering in the VAB. I've tested both in a stock install with the bare minimum mods installed, and there is no lag with either or both removed.

The lag seems to be caused by something in RC, as shown by these messages from my log file. These messages repeat continuously and the log becomes huge. Any clue what might be going on please?

Log file is here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/px7pnotsz1jnr1o/With Stage Recovery.log?dl=0

[RealChute]: Could not find the transform "canopy" in the library 
(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Export/Debug/Debug.bindings.h Line: 35)

(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Export/Debug/Debug.bindings.h Line: 35)

I also made a post about it on the Stage Recovery thread here:

[LOG 20:06:09.774] [PartSet]: Recreating part sets for vessel Ravenspear Mk3
[EXC 20:06:09.816] IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
	RealChute.RealChuteModule.SetSafeToDeploy () (at <aa2d15a844824520a0c77b7f968d6700>:0)
	RealChute.RealChuteModule.FixedUpdate () (at <aa2d15a844824520a0c77b7f968d6700>:0)
	UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)
[EXC 20:06:09.850] IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
	RealChute.RealChuteModule.SetSafeToDeploy () (at <aa2d15a844824520a0c77b7f968d6700>:0)
	RealChute.RealChuteModule.FixedUpdate () (at <aa2d15a844824520a0c77b7f968d6700>:0)
	UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)

Im getting this error and having a huge lag cause it's spamming. This vessel even hasn't any chute at all.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

After installing FAR and Realchute, I find that parachutes begin to overlap with each other, and I cannot find the option to set parachute's spread angle. I have also installed Restock which changed the appearance of the parachutes, but after installing Realchute the parachutes changed back to its original appearance. How can I fix these problems?02d20865a0127a43.png4814b3b08a86c17b.png

On 10/24/2023 at 10:10 AM, AnFa said:

Is it possible to change the angle of the deployed chutes?

Not without going into the config.

On 10/21/2023 at 6:59 AM, Seasails_ said:

I cannot find the option to set parachute's spread angle.

You are looking for something that does not exist. There is a setting in the part config used for radials, and that's about it.

On 10/21/2023 at 6:59 AM, Seasails_ said:

I have also installed Restock which changed the appearance of the parachutes, but after installing Realchute the parachutes changed back to its original appearance. How can I fix these problems?

RealChute does not change the appearance of the parachutes. It chances functionality. If you do not want RealChute functionality on the Restock parts (not sure why you'd want this mod installed then), remove the RealChute MM configs from the RealChute folder.

14 minutes ago, stupid_chris said:

RealChute does not change the appearance of the parachutes. It chances functionality. If you do not want RealChute functionality on the Restock parts (not sure why you'd want this mod installed then), remove the RealChute MM configs from the RealChute folder.

What would happen if you changed these values: https://github.com/ChrisViral/RealChute/blob/master/Output/GameData/RealChute/ModuleManager/Stock_RealChute_MM.cfg#L213-L216

To these: https://github.com/PorktoberRevolution/ReStocked/blob/master/Distribution/Restock/GameData/ReStock/Patches/Utility/restock-parachutes.cfg#L28-L31

Would that work?

On 10/25/2023 at 4:33 PM, Poodmund said:

RealChute replaces the canopies entirely, the only way to make it work would be for ReStock to package the canopies separately and to make one of these https://github.com/ChrisViral/RealChute/blob/master/Output/GameData/RealChute/Materials/TextureLibrary.cfg

On 10/25/2023 at 6:56 PM, AnFa said:

Would it be too much of an imposition to ask for one?

Read the big red text on the first page.

On 10/25/2023 at 7:46 PM, Svm420 said:

Is this still true?

Not for KSP 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello

Is there a way to prevent chutes from autocut?

I land vertically my first stage in the sea. it's very high: 92m ( I am playing RSS)

Once it is landed it falls horizontal in the water after a while and then breaks: if the chute where not cut, they would prevent the stage from breaking because it would fall very slowly.

Thanks for reply

1 hour ago, gilflo said:

Hello

Is there a way to prevent chutes from autocut?

I land vertically my first stage in the sea. it's very high: 92m ( I am playing RSS)

Once it is landed it falls horizontal in the water after a while and then breaks: if the chute where not cut, they would prevent the stage from breaking because it would fall very slowly.

Thanks for reply

Change the autocut velocity in the chute settings, it's 0.5m/s by default.

• 2 months later...