[1.12.X] RealChute Parachute Systems v1.4.8.3 | 24/01/21

stupid_chris

I much prefer bacon to the parachutes acting as rockets, remember folks downloading things on 4/1 is always a hit or miss event

You're boring.

It's not about bacon, it's about ethics in mod development.

I choked on my coffee, thanks.

I'd prefer bananas.

You're cray.

Sweet!!!!!

Also, I see what you did there with the version # jump :P

How did you miss it last year then? :P

Anyway, removing the bacon now.

Changelog:

April 2nd 2014
v1.3.1
-Removed all this tasty bacon. Wasn't the best parachute.
-Improved enum parsing/tostring, will serve in the future

Didn't want to just revert to 1.3, so instead I give y'all a small code candy (Seriously, those who know into C#, go look at it, it's awesome). Should speed up enum parsing and stuff, nothing very noticable, but it'll come into play later on.

On a sidenote, I'm leaving for New York later today, so don't expect me to be around this weekend. Cheers! :)

Teah, while 1.3.1 is technically newer 1.3.3.7 is a higher version number. Might have to bump the version to 1.3.3.8 or 1.3.4 or something.

Is there a way for us to fix this while stupid_chris is away without uninstalling from CKAN and installing it manually?

Hi everyone! It's me, from the CKANverse here! While I wonder why *anyone* wouldn't want the bacontastic v1.3.3.7 release, you can push the CKAN into installing the more vanilla version by using the command-line:

ckan.exe upgrade RealChute=1.3.1

I'm also in the process of updating the index so that CKAN won't offer to "upgrade" you to bacon any more. :) I'll post back here when that's done.

~ pjf

Okay, the CKAN will no longer try to push bacon on you. :) If you *want* the bacon release, then `ckan.exe upgrade RealChute=1.3.0-Bacontastic` will work. :)

If you've already got the 1.3.3.7 release installed, then the CKAN won't think that the available 1.3.1 release is newer, but the manual upgrade above (`ckan.exe upgrade RealChute=1.3.1`) will work (as will uninstall/reinstall), and the CKAN shouldn't try to move you off that unless a new legitimate release comes out, or stupid_chris decides to turn all parachutes into ice-cream! :D

~ pjf

Does anybody know if real chute scales up to 3.75 m? I unlocked Very Heavy Rocketry but I don't see real chute going above 2.5 m while building my first 3.75 booster. I know it could be a hidden unlock on another tech tree item.. If you know it can go to 3.75 and know what tech that is please let me know.

Bryan

Hi first of all thanks for the great mod i really enjoy it!I v got a little problem...the parachute autocut to the ground...i don t set anything and didn t touch nothing in the action group,any idea?i ve got ksp.90 with many mod installed but it autocut also with stock parts...thanks

In the part configuration window (accessed by clicking on a part from the action groups tab), there is an option not to cut on ground contact (for landing planes). Other than that, chutes will always autocut when speed gets too low.

I'm looking to calculate the speed of descent under a fully deployed chute for a given altitude - I need to slow a probe's descent to do high-alt science & keep my long-range antenna deployed without snapping - anyone have a link to the calculator that used to ship with this? The UI interface only lets me calculate for touchdown speed

I'm looking to calculate the speed of descent under a fully deployed chute for a given altitude - I need to slow a probe's descent to do high-alt science & keep my long-range antenna deployed without snapping - anyone have a link to the calculator that used to ship with this? The UI interface only lets me calculate for touchdown speed

Set your landing altitude to your desired altitude. Make sure your deployment altitude is above that of course. Then set your desired speed.

Hello there, I probably missed the message in the previous parts but as there's a lock on action groups in the beginning of the career mode, how can I access the realchute interface? Haven't played since a few month and were wondering.

Thank you.

Hello there, I probably missed the message in the previous parts but as there's a lock on action groups in the beginning of the career mode, how can I access the realchute interface? Haven't played since a few month and were wondering.

Thank you.

Before you unlock actions you can right click on the part to get a basic size toggle.

Is there a plan to fix the forgetful settings/symmetry? (Linux 64bit) Good chutes are a must, but the mod is sadly unplayable.

That is, parachute settings only apply to one chute in a symmetry group, and often don't survive quickloads, in case it hasn't been mentioned in a while.

Using a heap of other mods, but relevant ones might include the stock fix modules. Though I recall this was also an issue when using minimal mods.

Edited by Dal

Before you unlock actions you can right click on the part to get a basic size toggle.

I've unlocked basic action groups with the tier 2 VAB but I'm still not getting the sliders in the toggle info window when in the VAB (yes, I've tried in the action groups tab). However, I do get the options when on the launchpad. Do I have to upgrade my VAB to tier 3 to get full customization options?

Is there a plan to fix the forgetful settings/symmetry? (Linux 64bit) Good chutes are a must, but the mod is sadly unplayable.

That is, parachute settings only apply to one chute in a symmetry group, and often don't survive quickloads, in case it hasn't been mentioned in a while.

Using a heap of other mods, but relevant ones might include the stock fix modules. Though I recall this was also an issue when using minimal mods.

There's a button to apply the settings to the symmetry counterparts. Use it. As for the rest, I've never heard of such problem.

I've unlocked basic action groups with the tier 2 VAB but I'm still not getting the sliders in the toggle info window when in the VAB (yes, I've tried in the action groups tab). However, I do get the options when on the launchpad. Do I have to upgrade my VAB to tier 3 to get full customization options?

Those sliders are *never* going to appear in the VAB. Use the action groups window, not that window.

What I was reporting was that the button doesn't work. I was getting around this on 2014 builds by copying the chute with the correct settings as necessary, which worked... sufficiently. In any case, I've done some fresh testing.

One chute:

Applies - Yes | Applies to all - N/A | Copies chute - N/A | In game - Passed

Symmetric chutes:

Applies - Yes | Applies to all - Yes | Copies chute - N/A | In game - Indeterminate. Looks like most settings are correctly saved now, but certain ones like # spare chutes are not. This looks to have improved since 2014 builds.

One chute, copied as symmetric:

Applies - Yes | Applies to all - N/A | Copies chute - Yes, in editor | In game - Failed, only base chute

Edited by Dal