[1.12.X] RealChute Parachute Systems v1.4.8.3 | 24/01/21

stupid_chris

Any modulemanager .cfg's out to fix all the resized stock parachutes Realism Overhaul creates? All is good except for the resized parachutes.

I'm not sure what you mean? I'd understand a request to have a MM config to resize the RealChute parts to have RO sizes, but stock chutes?

Um, what will happen if I don't? At the moment it seems to be a choice between whatever not having this will cause, or explodieness

FAR negates the drag of each part. Bad things could happen. That's not the problem, that's just negating it for some reason.

Hello Stupid_Chris. Good day.

Is there any way to detect when a plane has 'landed'?? For the drag chutes, it would be nice if we could 'arm' them when ???? meters above ground (radar alt) and then have them deploy based on time since landing detection....

have had some harry / scarry landings, all my fault, and fiddling around for key to deploy has almost cost me plenty of my green work force. just thought it would be great if there was some options to handle the landing aspect of the drag chutes..

fantastic mod. have enjoyed watching it progress....

Cheers,

Hello Stupid_Chris. Good day.

Is there any way to detect when a plane has 'landed'?? For the drag chutes, it would be nice if we could 'arm' them when ???? meters above ground (radar alt) and then have them deploy based on time since landing detection....

have had some harry / scarry landings, all my fault, and fiddling around for key to deploy has almost cost me plenty of my green work force. just thought it would be great if there was some options to handle the landing aspect of the drag chutes..

fantastic mod. have enjoyed watching it progress....

Cheers,

Hm yeah that makes sense. I'll see what I can do about this.

Most of the part configs seem to be corrupt, only three of the parachutes that RealChute adds are functional (Double chute, Double Cone chute and the Radial chute), by functional I mean that the part config file is not gibberish and it loads in the VAB part menu. I just installed the newest version (this glitch was in the last version too).

Example of the Gibberish:

why on earth did you paste all of this?!

intended behaviour.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/57988-0-23-x-RealChute-Parachute-Systems-editor-window%21-v1-0-3-7-03-14?p=1010686&viewfull=1#post1010686

Also, I noticed that there is only one right-click button on all the parachutes, the 'Read Info' button and that only shows a GUI with a bunch of information but no way to change the deployment altitude or anything else.

Read the little tooltip in the VAB. You make your adjustments in the ActionGroup tab. When in flight, the Read Info button also lets you edit the deployment altitudes.

intended behaviour.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/57988-0-23-x-RealChute-Parachute-Systems-editor-window%21-v1-0-3-7-03-14?p=1010686&viewfull=1#post1010686

Read the little tooltip in the VAB. You make your adjustments in the ActionGroup tab. When in flight, the Read Info button also lets you edit the deployment altitudes.

Thanks, but if I wanted to add one of the parts not in the part menu to my ship, how would I go about doing that?

Thanks, but if I wanted to add one of the parts not in the part menu to my ship, how would I go about doing that?

You add the one that looks the most like the one you actually want, then go to the action groups tab and set it up. I presume you want the chute container to be somewhat bigger or smaller. This is done in that ActionGroup editing area. Simply select the chutes and go to that AG tab, an editor will be waiting with buttons for 'next size' and 'previous size'.

You add the one that looks the most like the one you actually want, then go to the action groups tab and set it up. I presume you want the chute container to be somewhat bigger or smaller. This is done in that ActionGroup editing area. Simply select the chutes and go to that AG tab, an editor will be waiting with buttons for 'next size' and 'previous size'.

Thank you, can I also use the ActionGroup editing area to change the double chutes to triple chutes?

Thank you, can I also use the ActionGroup editing area to change the double chutes to triple chutes?

You can use the editor area to do whatever you want. You can switch simple canopies to triple canopies, you can switch the size of the part, the texture of the part, the texture of both canopies, as well as everything else concerning deployment stats. It is intended that only the info window is now available on right click. As for the parts, it's also intended. You can see all the changes in the post linked earlier (or linked next to the red "Important" in the OP).

As for what is of the gibberish of the part configs, that's definitely not me. Something broke when you downloaded it.

You can use the editor area to do whatever you want. You can switch simple canopies to triple canopies, you can switch the size of the part, the texture of the part, the texture of both canopies, as well as everything else concerning deployment stats. It is intended that only the info window is now available on right click. As for the parts, it's also intended. You can see all the changes in the post linked earlier (or linked next to the red "Important" in the OP).

As for what is of the gibberish of the part configs, that's definitely not me. Something broke when you downloaded it.

No, that was a mu file. He opened it in a text editor. That's exactly what they look like.

No, that was a mu file. He opened it in a text editor. That's exactly what they look like.

Oh lord. I was wondering why quoting him nearly broke my browser, my spellchecker was going mental trying to read 222kb of hex.

I'm not sure what you mean? I'd understand a request to have a MM config to resize the RealChute parts to have RO sizes, but stock chutes?

Well when you install RO, it creates some alternate sizes of the stock parachutes. 0.5m, 1m and 2m. Realchute doesn't effect these "copys" of the stock parachutes and i'm not entirely sure how to do it manually while keeping the balance respective to their sizes.

Well when you install RO, it creates some alternate sizes of the stock parachutes. 0.5m, 1m and 2m. Realchute doesn't effect these "copys" of the stock parachutes and i'm not entirely sure how to do it manually while keeping the balance respective to their sizes.

Ah, well it would require a MM patch that affects those parts. They aren't created through MM, and RealChute kinda needs a part per part implementation of the module usually. You'd better drop it in the RO thread. They probably need to update the actual RealChute MM cfg :P

Aw, thanks! Totally taking you up on that.

The three things that need doing, in rough order of precedence:

*Converting the parachute parts supplied by Realism Overhaul to all use RealChutes

*Creating copies of the RealChutes parachutes in 0.5m, 1m, and 2m diameters

*Modifying all of the above, plus KSP's and RC's regular parts, such that canopies are of realistic size (if they aren't already)

Aw, thanks! Totally taking you up on that.

The three things that need doing, in rough order of precedence:

*Converting the parachute parts supplied by Realism Overhaul to all use RealChutes

*Creating copies of the RealChutes parachutes in 0.5m, 1m, and 2m diameters

*Modifying all of the above, plus KSP's and RC's regular parts, such that canopies are of realistic size (if they aren't already)

For the two first, I'll get on it shortly.

For the third, this is already true for my own parts, and scaled automatically by the plugin. But for that to work for other parts, I need the Canopy to be a separate model from the part for now, and it gets complicated fast without. But eventually I plan on implementing it :)

Wow, thanks!

The canopy already always is a separate model, else it would always be visible, right?

No, for all chutes except those made by sumghai that I'Ve seen so far, the canopy is always packaged in the same .mu file. They aren't always visible because they're set not to appear with transform.gameObject.SetActive(false)

I just updated to the latest version, and I can't seem to unlock all the parts in the tech tree, despite having already unlocked the proper nodes. I hit the "research now" button, but they still don't unlock in the VAB/SPH. Any idea why?

Seems like another case of "Read-the-big-red-Important-post".