[1.12.X] RealChute Parachute Systems v1.4.8.3 | 24/01/21

stupid_chris

I have found with hyper edit you need to hyper edit to the destination in orbit then go back to the space center the go back to the target craft this seems to reset everything back to normal

I tried exactly as you said. Transferred to an orbit just above the atmosphere, returned to space centre, returned to craft and the did the de-orbiting burn. Exactly the same thing happened. Pre-deployment went fine, but as soon as I reached deployment altitude BOOM goes the ship.

I tried exactly as you said. Transferred to an orbit just above the atmosphere, returned to space centre, returned to craft and the did the de-orbiting burn. Exactly the same thing happened. Pre-deployment went fine, but as soon as I reached deployment altitude BOOM goes the ship.

Are you sure you aren't uising April First's version with the prank, or that you didn't activate it through the RealChute_Settings.cfg file?

I'm having a slight problem, I can't seem to change the deployment settings anywhere in the VAB, I am however only able to change them during flight.

Also At one stage I was able to change the size of the chutes, I am not sure how I did this but that is also gone. Any help will be appreciated thanks

Are you sure you aren't uising April First's version with the prank, or that you didn't activate it through the RealChute_Settings.cfg file?

I am not sure if this is the April First version because it has that line in the code but it is definitely not activated as you can see. Should I try a different version?

REALCHUTE_SETTINGS
{
//If the parachutes automatically arm or not when staged
autoArm = False

//Activates April Fool's joke
jokeActivated = False

I'm having a slight problem, I can't seem to change the deployment settings anywhere in the VAB, I am however only able to change them during flight.

Also At one stage I was able to change the size of the chutes, I am not sure how I did this but that is also gone. Any help will be appreciated thanks

Look at the self help posts in the OP, notably v1.0 release notes. Answered that question a countless amount of times.

I am not sure if this is the April First version because it has that line in the code but it is definitely not activated as you can see. Should I try a different version?

REALCHUTE_SETTINGS
{
//If the parachutes automatically arm or not when staged
autoArm = False

//Activates April Fool's joke
jokeActivated = False

I'd try with a clean install version to see if it's still bugging out.

Trying that now. Will edit post afterwards.

Same thing happened. THIS time, after going to KSC and back to the vessel, I saved and reloaded it, to see if that would do any good. It didn't.2xl68pm.png

Also, a curious thing is that the debris left from the destruction have no names.

QF9prfM.png

If there's anything else I could supply to clear this thing out, let me know. Modlist maybe? KSP output log?

Edited by nanowinner

As my browser crashes when I try to paste it all as CODE and I've never used the forum for support before and therefore don't know how to do it, I'm sharing a link to it. :D

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bl0779i3hgiyb56/output_log.txt

PS. Go to bed if you have to, I can wait.

You are throwing tons of Clouds Nulls.

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at Clouds.Clouds.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Make sure you have the latest version of EVE (And you install it correctly)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at ActionGroupManager.LightweightUINew.SetupRootModule () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ActionGroupManager.LightweightUINew.OnVesselChange (.Vessel data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EventData`1[Vessel].Fire (.Vessel data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Part.Die () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Part.explode () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at DeadlyReentry.ModuleAeroReentry.CheckGeeForces () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at DeadlyReentry.ModuleAeroReentry.FixedUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Also popped up, Possible outdated mod?

As others have said, Updated your module manager (Make sure you delete older versions) and see if you need to update your mods.

OK, that log is full of weird stuff about parts not having their Modules defined. Are you using an up-to-date copy of ModuleManager?

If you mean where it says something like 'unable to load module 5 it only has X modules defined' ignore that. If you search your own logs I guarantee you'll find that too. Everyone has that unless they run unmodded maybe. Those are modules added on the fly for which no config node exists (in cfg or via module manager).

I checked. I have only one version of Module Manager and it's 2.1.5 placed in GamaData.

I've just uninstalled EVE + Better Atmospheres to troubleshoot that. (I installed it correctly, though. Firstly added both EVE and the BoulderCo to GameData and then copy the files from Better Atmospheres to GameData so it merges with those of EVE)

I'm constantly checking for outdated mods and I am updating them whenever they are uploaded BUT I have one that hasn't been updated for a while and it's the original Quantum struts that I've adapted to work with this version only because they had no specifications as to where in the tech tree they should be [bUT THEY WERE NOT USED IN EXPLODING CRAFT]

I'm also using ActionGroupManager v1.3.2.0 (latest) but as people have said on its thread, it works with 0.23.5

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/61263

ALTHOUGH this guy might have something to say, not sure though:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/61263-0-23-ActionGroupManager-%28AGM%29-1-3-2-0-%2829-01-2014%29-bugfixes?p=1106979&viewfull=1#post1106979

Keep in mind that using all of these mods such as RealChutes, EVE and BA, I've no problems landing on Kerbin. It's on Eve that the problem occurs. Haven't tried on Duna, though. Could it be that Deadly Reentry or FAR aren't quite calibrated for Eve's atmosphere?

Edited by nanowinner

Keep in mind that using all of these mods such as RealChutes, EVE and BA, I've no problems landing on Kerbin. It's on Eve that the problem occurs. Haven't tried on Duna, though. Could it be that Deadly Reentry or FAR aren't quite calibrated for Eve's atmosphere?

not even sure what that's supposed to mean... what sort of 'calibration' do you think would be relevent or required?

also keep in mind what you're experiencing is limited. Not even to a handful of people, but right now only one. If this were an issue with DREC or FAR (which doesnt actually interact with Real Chutes) other people would be reporting it enmasse.

not even sure what that's supposed to mean... what sort of 'calibration' do you think would be relevent or required?

also keep in mind what you're experiencing is limited. Not even to a handful of people, but right now only one. If this were an issue with DREC or FAR (which doesnt actually interact with Real Chutes) other people would be reporting it enmasse.

I said calibration because I don't know what other word to use exactly. I mean the way the mod is created, they way it's coded. Maybe there's some sort of bug in the code and when multiple mods interact, it just shows. I don't know, I'm not into the coding, my "skills" are VERY limited in terms of coding.

And yes, I understand it's quite possibly a single occurrence but it happens EVERY time. No exceptions. That's what frustrates me the most. And I've no idea what might be causing it so I'm looking for faults in every mod I have.

I said calibration because I don't know what other word to use exactly. I mean the way the mod is created, they way it's coded. Maybe there's some sort of bug in the code and when multiple mods interact, it just shows. I don't know, I'm not into the coding, my "skills" are VERY limited in terms of coding.

And yes, I understand it's quite possibly a single occurrence but it happens EVERY time. No exceptions. That's what frustrates me the most. And I've no idea what might be causing it so I'm looking for faults in every mod I have.

Ok, it's like this.

DREC doesn't affect how Real Chute works at all. Its sole interaction with Real Chute is that it checks to see if any parachutes are deployed and if they are then it treats them as unshielded no matter what other parts might be shielding them and they can burn up. (reflects the chutes themselves being subject to hot reentry gasses). But DREC does not cause any acceleration whatsoever.

Real Chute doesn't affect how FAR works nor is it affected by it (except to the extent that the ship itself is affected by FAR). RC works by applying deceleration forces directly and does not interact with either FAR's drag model or even the stock drag model. It independently calculates drag for its parachute parts and applies those forces to the part.

Okay, that's all nice to know, I didn't knew some of them. But still doesn't clear things up. I will try now without EVE and see how that works. Although I don't think that's the problem but I'm running out of options here.

Okay, that's all nice to know, I didn't knew some of them. But still doesn't clear things up. I will try now without EVE and see how that works. Although I don't think that's the problem but I'm running out of options here.

Alright, sorry for the late reply, but yeah as others said, its most likely not an interaction between DREC, FAR, and RC. Since it only happens on Eve, I would point my finger at EVE. Try removing every mod except RealChute and see if it fixes anything, that would be a good starting point.

Wow, you still have my video up! That's where my 8k views have come from! Thanks Chris.

Of course I do, and no problem! :)

Alright, sorry for the late reply, but yeah as others said, its most likely not an interaction between DREC, FAR, and RC. Since it only happens on Eve, I would point my finger at EVE. Try removing every mod except RealChute and see if it fixes anything, that would be a good starting point.

I tried something a bit different. I removed EVE, completely (not forgeting BoulderCo). But I left DREC, FAR and RC.

KEEP IN MIND I USED HYPER EDIT TO REACH TO EVE EVERY TIME AND I DID GO BACK TO THE SPACE CENTRE AND TO THE SHIP AGAIN AFTER ESTABLISHING ORBIT.

9beLpIm.jpg

BOOM!

Then I tried without DREC and EVE but with the rest still there. (Alt+F12 used for the purposes of the test)

sij8RKZ.png

BOOM! x2

This time DREC, FAR and EVE are REMOVED. Only RC is left. cUUfAge.png

BOOM! x3

Funny things happen even when I removed RC... What?!

hQybvrS.png

For some reason I removed Joint Reinforcement too. Still, same thing (DON'T consider this a landing, while falling down after the parachute ripped of I saw a number such as 12500+ m/s and it went up and down to 0 and repeated this a few times before it finally settled down and landed)

sIBOUuo.png

And here is the output log from the last time. http://goo.gl/0Vr9Pg

Edited by nanowinner

I tried something a bit different. I removed EVE, completely (not forgetting BoulderCo). But I left DREC, FAR and RC.

KEEP IN MIND I USED HYPER EDIT TO REACH TO EVE EVERY TIME AND I DID GO BACK TO THE SPACE CENTER AND TO THE SHIP AGAIN AFTER ESTABLISHING ORBIT.

BOOM!

Then I tried without DREC and EVE but with the rest still there. (Alt+F12 used for the purposes of the test)

BOOM! x2

This time DREC, FAR and EVE are REMOVED. Only RC is left.

BOOM! x3

Funny things happen even when I removed RC... What?!

For some reason I removed Joint Reinforcement too. Still, same thing (DON'T consider this a landing, while falling down after the parachute ripped of I saw a number such as 12500+ m/s and it went up and down to 0 and repeated this a few times before it finally settled down and landed)

And here is the output log from the last time.

(Pictures removed for Brevity) I have a feeling the problem is not mod related, but instead flight related. Eve has a really thick atmosphere and high gravity so I think that might be the problem. This may have already been answered, but what's your descent profile like and where are your parachutes.

It is not such a problem. My chute is on top and it doesn't just rip off but the parachute and the whole vessel suddenly gain a massive amount of speed in a horizontal direction. The ship doesn't just brake apart by a sudden stop (which while using RC is non-existent thanks to the slow deployment) The problem occurs when the parachute fully deploys (while using RC) or deploys (without RC) and at that moment it just can't handle the stress of moving sideways in a thick atmosphere with great speed.

Plus, in the last case, I reduced my speed to 40 m/s prior to chute deployment and even then I got amazing speeds that my craft just can't take (in the thousands).

can you add a docking port and maybe shielded docking port with built in parachutes the inline ones you have are great but very unaesthetic.?!!

My SDHI Service Module add-on includes docking ports with built-in parachutes.

Bear in mind that the official RealChute models (which I helped make, by the way) are meant for a variety of purposes and configurations, and so their appearance tends to be rather generic - I'm not sure what you mean by "very unaesthetic".

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.