[1.12.X] RealChute Parachute Systems v1.4.8.3 | 24/01/21

stupid_chris

stupid_chris:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cwkqoapn5pdwku7/no_deploy_animation.output_log.txt

That's the requested output_log.txt file for stack chute secondary chute not deploying (or not playing deploy animation, because even though it looks like it's stuck in pre-deployment it seems to be applying the correct amount of drag)

stupid_chris:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cwkqoapn5pdwku7/no_deploy_animation.output_log.txt

That's the requested output_log.txt file for stack chute secondary chute not deploying (or not playing deploy animation, because even though it looks like it's stuck in pre-deployment it seems to be applying the correct amount of drag)

Thank you very much, I'll take a look asap :)

Chris, I'm not so sure now that it's just a graphical/animation issue.

Did some more extensive testing and the secondary definitely is just not fully deploying.

That is also my guess. As I said I think I know what I broke, but the log will probably tell me more.

For some reason most of the RealChute chutes don't always show up in VAB/SPH...

Read the posts linked in the OP :)

I got this mod because it's required to use the SDHI service module system. However, in the VAB, I'm unable to attach the parachute nose cones to the top of my SRBs, or anything at all, in fact. The attachment nodes look too small for the size of the cones, and I'm wondering if this has anything to do with it.

This is on a clean install of KSP 23.5 and using the latest version 1.0.4.1 of your mod. Any idea what's wrong?

I got this mod because it's required to use the SDHI service module system. However, in the VAB, I'm unable to attach the parachute nose cones to the top of my SRBs, or anything at all, in fact. The attachment nodes look too small for the size of the cones, and I'm wondering if this has anything to do with it.

This is on a clean install of KSP 23.5 and using the latest version 1.0.4.1 of your mod. Any idea what's wrong?

The attachement nodes have never been a problem here.I was thinking of bumping them from size 0 to size 1, but not one ever reported something like this. Mind sending some screens and poerhaps your output_log.txt?

Here you go!

Thank you soooo much!!!!!!!

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/bvuydcmrb5fz4ja/ruh2Bd7thw

Yep, you have a bad install.

What you did is that you dropped the whole RealChute v1.0.4.1 folder into your GameData folder. This creates an extra layer of confusion that breaks everything. You want to merge the GameData folder included within the RealChute v1.0.4.1 folder into your game's GameData folder.

This should fix most things, if not everything, tell me how it works after.

Edited by stupid_chris

Just wanted to leave thumbs up for this mod. It's really awesome.

Now I can finally reuse rocket stages without parachutes getting ripped off from the shock of going from 100-200m/s to less than 8m/s in an instant.

I landed on Duna today using this mod and I went from 300m/s to around 20m/s using chutes (and with FAR installed) without having my rocket ripped to pieces.

Suggestion: Would love it if you could include an option within the VAB where you can change the deployment altitude and/or pressure deployment. At the moment, I can only do that while outside. I'm running KSP 0.23.5.

Just wanted to leave thumbs up for this mod. It's really awesome.

Now I can finally reuse rocket stages without parachutes getting ripped off from the shock of going from 100-200m/s to less than 8m/s in an instant.

I landed on Duna today using this mod and I went from 300m/s to around 20m/s using chutes (and with FAR installed) without having my rocket ripped to pieces.

Suggestion: Would love it if you could include an option within the VAB where you can change the deployment altitude and/or pressure deployment. At the moment, I can only do that while outside. I'm running KSP 0.23.5.

You can pretty much modify everything through the editor window you know :P

The attachement nodes have never been a problem here.I was thinking of bumping them from size 0 to size 1, but not one ever reported something like this. Mind sending some screens and poerhaps your output_log.txt?

Please bear with me, because this is all a bit outside my area of understanding - but I'm not sure what would be output to a log - the part simply does not attach. It's not crashing or anything.

If you would like to try and replicate the issue, attempt to put either of the parachute nose cones onto the top of the new ARM SRB. They just don't connect for me.

You mean doing something like this?

z8dxidp.png

Works perfectly fine over here. The only minor problem I had was when I tried doing this.

zTelvLR.png

Where the game was detecting a part clipping while there was none. So I turned on part clipping and it works great. If you were having that problem, well turn part clipping on, the problem isn't with my parts.

As for an output_log, it's a file. That the game creates yknow. You pretty much need to know what it is when dealing with mods. On windows, you can find it in KSP/KSP_Data/output_log.txt

I figured out the problem - it won't do these items in symmetry. Not sure why that is, but when I tried attaching the nose cones to each booster individually, that worked.

Now I can give them a try.

By using part clipping it does work with symmetry. Without symmetry, you'll have to transfer any stat you would change manually.

Thanks. I'm not sure how to change stats, honestly. I'm guessing it has to do with that separate app that came with the mod, but I thought you said that was built in now. It would be nice if these stats were tweakables, but I don't know if that's possible or how to do it. As I said, I'm not a modder, I just wanted to get the parts to work before I tackle all that other stuff. Thanks for taking the time to answer.

makes landing my spaceplanes so much easier on uneven terrain! pretty much anywhere that's not KSC :P

would you consider making the amount of deploys a parachute has available as a flowable resources with it's own canisters so we can restock our fully reusable missions?

thanks for the mod!

Thanks. I'm not sure how to change stats, honestly. I'm guessing it has to do with that separate app that came with the mod, but I thought you said that was built in now. It would be nice if these stats were tweakables, but I don't know if that's possible or how to do it. As I said, I'm not a modder, I just wanted to get the parts to work before I tackle all that other stuff. Thanks for taking the time to answer.

You change by going in the action group manager and clicking on any chute. It works the same way as Real Fuels for example.

You mean doing something like this?

http://i.imgur.com/z8dxidp.png

Works perfectly fine over here. The only minor problem I had was when I tried doing this.

http://i.imgur.com/zTelvLR.png

Where the game was detecting a part clipping while there was none. So I turned on part clipping and it works great. If you were having that problem, well turn part clipping on, the problem isn't with my parts.

As for an output_log, it's a file. That the game creates yknow. You pretty much need to know what it is when dealing with mods. On windows, you can find it in KSP/KSP_Data/output_log.txt

If the part shows as red (clipping) try pressing X (for symmetry) a second time while holding the part where you want it. That usually clears it.

You change by going in the action group manager and clicking on any chute. It works the same way as Real Fuels for example.

Thanks! That is exactly what I needed to know. Never used a mod quite like this before, but it definitely opens up a lot of options! I guess it is like I imagined it would be, and I can see how it allows for some very useful and effective management.