[1.12.X] RealChute Parachute Systems v1.4.8.3 | 24/01/21

stupid_chris

Does this happen with a newly constructed craft?

No pre-existing crafts; the update cannot fix them.

No pre-existing craft files; if you have a pre-1.2.2.2 craft file you must edit it and replace each RC chute with a brand new one from inventory.

Completely new craft and everything. I will see if I can reproduce the issue in a stock install and get back with you.

Edit: Completely stock install, problem was reproduced with all stock parts (Meaning it't not limited to Realchute Parts) Here's the output log.

Edited by Taki117

I completely understand that, just trying to figure out where I went wrong :/

I still cannot help with only that information. Just make sure you deleted any previous installation of RealChute before proceeding. The path to the RealChute plugin should be KSP/GameData/RealChute/Plugins/RealChute.dll, and for the ModuleManager files, it should be KSP/GameData/RealChute/ModuleManager/configs

Completely new craft and everything. I will see if I can reproduce the issue in a stock install and get back with you.

Edit: Completely stock install, problem was reproduced with all stock parts (Meaning it't not limited to Realchute Parts) Here's the output log.

AssemblyLoader: Loading assemblies

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

Non platform assembly: C:\Games\KSP_win64(Mod Test)\GameData\ModuleManager.2.2.0.dll (this message is harmless)
Non platform assembly: C:\Games\KSP_win64(Mod Test)\GameData\RealChute\Plugins\RealChute.dll (this message is harmless)

That's not my definition of a stock install <.<

EDIT:

[RealChute]: Could not find the StockReplacement texture config in the GameData folder

You didn't update properly. Even if you previously had the ModuleManager configs, you need to copy them /everytime/ you update, because I also update the configs. You didn't do it, and now your stock ModuleManagement file is outdated, causing the issue. It should not be happening with RealChute only parts though.

Bottom line, you should delete the RealChute folder each time you update, not merge over.

Edited by stupid_chris

AssemblyLoader: Loading assemblies

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

Non platform assembly: C:\Games\KSP_win64(Mod Test)\GameData\ModuleManager.2.2.0.dll (this message is harmless)
Non platform assembly: C:\Games\KSP_win64(Mod Test)\GameData\RealChute\Plugins\RealChute.dll (this message is harmless)

That's not my definition of a stock install <.<

I can't tell if you're joking or not. (I hope so) This is one of my favorite mods and I would really like to see it fixed. Thank you immensely for your time.

I can't tell if you're joking or not. (I hope so) This is one of my favorite mods and I would really like to see it fixed. Thank you immensely for your time.

Heh, I mostly thouht you meant the bug was happening with stock only and therefore wasn't caused by RealChute, was confused a little I guess.

Heh, I mostly thouht you meant the bug was happening with stock only and therefore wasn't caused by RealChute, was confused a little I guess.

Ah, nope, definitely happening with Realchute. I also tripled checked that it was version 1.2.3 (In case I missed an update) and I removed all the other mods. Once again thanks for taking the time to fix things.

Ah, nope, definitely happening with Realchute. I also tripled checked that it was version 1.2.3 (In case I missed an update) and I removed all the other mods. Once again thanks for taking the time to fix things.

That log is not telling this to me though. AS I said, you have a bad installation with the stock chutes. Else, Iv have no pointers to RealChute parts being a problem.

That log is not telling this to me though. AS I said, you have a bad installation with the stock chutes. Else, Iv have no pointers to RealChute parts being a problem.

Ah, missed your edit (sorry, my fault). Thank you for everything.

Is it normal that when I quicksave with chute deployed and then quickload, canopies are invisible? Craft behaves as if it was on chutes anyway, but looks kinda weird :)

No, that's not normal.

Logs.

(Chris, I suggest the following as an official response from now on.... "Logs or it didn't happen!" :))

Is it normal that when I quicksave with chute deployed and then quickload, canopies are invisible? Craft behaves as if it was on chutes anyway, but looks kinda weird :)

The exact same thing just happened to me:

Logs

I'm sorry, my searches are durping. What is the purpose of the option in the RealChute Settings window there's an option to "Automatically Arm When Deploying."

set "autoArm = True" in KSP_DIR/GameData/RealChute/RealChute_Settings.cfg

Thanks for responding F_X but that's not really an answer to my question of "What's the purpose?"

The purpose is to have stock behavior if desired. With the option disabled hitting space attempts to deploy the chute, and if it fails then ypu have to press space again. With auto arm active hitting space deploys the chute, unless the condition isn't met, then it just arms the chute.

I too have been getting problems with parts/physics, initially I thought it was because I'd built a rocket with two bicouplers forming a loop

then a friend told me it was probably a RealChute problem as he'd had the same thing and always at 6km. I cleaned everything out, reinstalled RealChute fresh and continued. Then this started happening when I went to capture an asteroid.

I backed up everything at that point, removed all mods (only leaving Squad and NASAmission), built a stock rocket, went back to the asteroid with it and it worked no problem. Reload the save which I had backed up and slowly add mods back testing each time. When I removed RealChute (and with it the vessel docked to the asteroid that had chutes on - not the asteroid mover vessel) the weird physics stopped and everything acts normally. If I put RealChute back in, it goes bananas when I fire the engines. I can supply save files if you want to try it yourself.

If the vessel with RealChute is docked to the asteroid, physics goes nuts. If you undock the ship and leave it in scene (inside 2.5km), physics goes nuts. Undock the ship, fly it out of scene and come back via the space center - all is fine, the asteroid mover behaves normally.

Being able to reproduce this via the saves might help you find it but it's fairly compelling to me that RealChute is the cause.

I too have been getting problems with parts/physics, initially I thought it was because I'd built a rocket with two bicouplers forming a loop

then a friend told me it was probably a RealChute problem as he'd had the same thing and always at 6km. I cleaned everything out, reinstalled RealChute fresh and continued. Then this started happening when I went to capture an asteroid.

I backed up everything at that point, removed all mods (only leaving Squad and NASAmission), built a stock rocket, went back to the asteroid with it and it worked no problem. Reload the save which I had backed up and slowly add mods back testing each time. When I removed RealChute (and with it the vessel docked to the asteroid that had chutes on - not the asteroid mover vessel) the weird physics stopped and everything acts normally. If I put RealChute back in, it goes bananas when I fire the engines. I can supply save files if you want to try it yourself.

If the vessel with RealChute is docked to the asteroid, physics goes nuts. If you undock the ship and leave it in scene (inside 2.5km), physics goes nuts. Undock the ship, fly it out of scene and come back via the space center - all is fine, the asteroid mover behaves normally.

Being able to reproduce this via the saves might help you find it but it's fairly compelling to me that RealChute is the cause.

AHA, So thats why..... Spent a GREAT deal of time a few days ago reloading time after time to try and figure out the cause.

AHA, So thats why..... Spent a GREAT deal of time a few days ago reloading time after time to try and figure out the cause.

This is also very similar to the issue I am/was having with parachutes that have module manager patches for real chute support.

You can either run KSP with the -popupwindow postfix or through the launcher, there is an option for that.

Indeed there is. Now is there a way to get the KSP window to stay maximized when I click onto another window on a separate monitor.?

also, I'm getting the "6km camera lags behind ship" bug with HGR chutes. I'm guessing this is a problem on HGR's end?

Indeed there is. Now is there a way to get the KSP window to stay maximized when I click onto another window on a separate monitor.?

also, I'm getting the "6km camera lags behind ship" bug with HGR chutes. I'm guessing this is a problem on HGR's end?

No, it seems like it's an all-round problem with RealChutes, not just HGR ones...

Again, running the game from the Launcher with the "Run in borderless window" option on will keep the game in a borderless windowed mode... You don't need any special postfixes...

I played around some more with the bouncy claw asteroid and I found that once the effect kicks in, it stays - meaning the persistent.sfs is corrupted such that it will always bounce. I removed RealChute, released the mover ship, redocked it and the physics bugs were gone. I installed a fresh RealChute and it stayed ok.

There were some log messages about KAS struts breaking at 1x10^9 force too which would suggest that the mover ships gyrations were extremely violent indeed. I'm wondering if it's a mass thing, I've never had this happen with a small rocket (like under 100t) and asteroid masses seem to be calculated procedurally when you first dock with them.

Were they alreayd deployed?

The exact same thing just happened to me:

Logs

Link ded

Yup. The 6km bug is again an issue, even with 1.2.3...

Latest log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/u5y4sjnpa54cj0b/output_log.txt

Tested time and again on both x64 and x32 versions...

13Mb of log....

Try to flesh out some mods and keep the gameplay as short as possible, else it can be pretty long and complex to find what'S wrong :/

But yeah investigating.

Hey Chris is it intentional that the RC chute parts have 0 cost to them and all there costs comes from chute size and materials used? Because right out of the gate it makes them far more cost effective than a MM modded stock chute that charges you for the part+size/materials for it ( not much of a cost but still a clear cost).

Hey Chris is it intentional that the RC chute parts have 0 cost to them and all there costs comes from chute size and materials used? Because right out of the gate it makes them far more cost effective than a MM modded stock chute that charges you for the part+size/materials for it ( not much of a cost but still a clear cost).

Nope. RealChute has cost from the case + canopy. Stock chutes only have it for the canopy, the cost for cases is included in the base part cost since you can't change their cases, and they've both been balanced evenly.

@BananaDealer

Sorry, really can't read that log efficiently, I'm seeing errors thrown but theres way too much stuff for me to figure it out like that. I'd really need some fleshed out logs, 50+ mods (83 accounting to my count) is being kinda heavy.

Edited by stupid_chris