[1.12.X] RealChute Parachute Systems v1.4.8.3 | 24/01/21

stupid_chris

So I searched through the thread as well as looked over the various different config options provided by the mod and didn't see anything so I'm figuring the answer is no, but I thought I'd ask to make sure. Is there a way to limit the sizes available based on tech tree progression? If not, are there any plans to implement this in the future?

Edit: Another follow up question, if the answer to both of these is no, are you opposed to me making new part configs from the current ones and distributing them with my own mod? With whatever attribution is necessary of course. This would basically be another version or two of each already existing part, just to split up the size availability, everything else would remain untouched.

Edited by Pirsig
another Q

So I searched through the thread as well as looked over the various different config options provided by the mod and didn't see anything so I'm figuring the answer is no, but I thought I'd ask to make sure. Is there a way to limit the sizes available based on tech tree progression? If not, are there any plans to implement this in the future?

Edit: Another follow up question, if the answer to both of these is no, are you opposed to me making new part configs from the current ones and distributing them with my own mod? With whatever attribution is necessary of course. This would basically be another version or two of each already existing part, just to split up the size availability, everything else would remain untouched.

More career more implementation is planned, but not now. At some point next year.

Making multiple configs is a lazy workaround, and simply multiplies the amount of parts to no good effect. Though I can't stop you from making new configs. You have all the rights in the world to create content that can work with my mod, no license can even prevent you from that.

Heya, any idea what might be causing this?:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at Versioning.get_version_major () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at RealChute.CompatibilityChecker.IsCompatible () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at RealChute.CompatibilityChecker.IsAllCompatible () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at RealChute.RealChuteModule.OnDestroy () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

ASE -- Saving...

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

at RealChute.CompatibilityChecker.IsCompatible () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at RealChute.CompatibilityChecker.IsAllCompatible () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at CustomBiomes.CustomBiomes.OnDestroy () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

[smokeScreen PersistentEmitterManager] : OnDestroy

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

Seems to be incompatible with 0.90, at least carreer mode: action group management is disabled on the basic VAB, so you can't set them up.

Also (and this may be a more complex compatibility issue) the chutes don't show up in the staging list for me, nor can they be activated by right-clicking in flight.

Seems to be incompatible with 0.90, at least carreer mode: action group management is disabled on the basic VAB, so you can't set them up.

Also (and this may be a more complex compatibility issue) the chutes don't show up in the staging list for me, nor can they be activated by right-clicking in flight.

And another case of not listening to the error messages by CompatibilityChecker.

There is a popup when you start the game the specifically says "the following mods are incompatible with this KSP version and may not work". In this case, RealChute is disabled on incompatible versions. It's not working because it's just not active. You all really need to read those popups.

I officially finished school today. I was neck deep in finals, so I had nothing ready yet. Compatibility update will be tomorrow. You will all just have to sit and wait until then.

And another case of not listening to the error messages by CompatibilityChecker.

There is a popup when you start the game the specifically says "the following mods are incompatible with this KSP version and may not work". In this case, RealChute is disabled on incompatible versions. It's not working because it's just not active. You all really need to read those popups.

I officially finished school today. I was neck deep in finals, so I had nothing ready yet. Compatibility update will be tomorrow. You will all just have to sit and wait until then.

I found TurielD's post to be helpful because as your message says: realchutes "may not work". Now I won't bother testing it myself because that gentleman was nice enough to test and inform us forum readers. Thanks for being helpful TurielD!

Im more than willing to wait, Im just glad you made this for us in the first place.

Congratulations on finishing school and thank you for all your continued work. It is very much appreciated :)

Well I'm afraid RealChutes isn't included in that popup mate, at least not for me:

f0uAEPx.png

Also, I'm not sure RealChute is disabled, in as much as it has rendered all parachutes, including the base KSP (MK16 etc) inoperable. Would those not return to normal functionality if RealChute was 'off'?

Obviously this is all moot, as I expect most of us had no real expectation of all our mods working right away on 0.90 release; I always start with a fresh install anyway - just wanted to let people know about the issues :)

Congratulations, I hope you did well!

Don't worry about the compatibility stuff just now, KSP is secondary to celebrating! :cool:

Man I am glad I have a job, because all I did was rollback my KSP version so I could play till the mods I use are updated and not worry about a thing.

I may actually update my KSP in about a week, that maybe when I get enough time to play again.

Man I feel for those of you have nothing but time right now to play.

:P

Well I'm afraid RealChutes isn't included in that popup mate, at least not for me:

http://i.imgur.com/f0uAEPx.png

Also, I'm not sure RealChute is disabled, in as much as it has rendered all parachutes, including the base KSP (MK16 etc) inoperable. Would those not return to normal functionality if RealChute was 'off'?

Obviously this is all moot, as I expect most of us had no real expectation of all our mods working right away on 0.90 release; I always start with a fresh install anyway - just wanted to let people know about the issues :)

Congratulations, I hope you did well!

Don't worry about the compatibility stuff just now, KSP is secondary to celebrating! :cool:

Trust the author that RealChute does turn the plugin off if it detects an incompatible version in Compatibility Checker. Most likely there's a maximum height to the CompatibilityChecker dialog and RealChute just got pushed off the bottom by everything else.

And the stock parachutes being converted to use the disabled plugin? That's ModuleManager. All ModuleManager knows is "on these parts, delete ModuleParachutes and add this MODULE node for RealChute". It has no way to know whether the plugin that provides that module is happy or sad; it just applies the patches the way they're written.

http://i.imgur.com/f0uAEPx.png

Then I'd check your logs, because your RealChute dll is not activating at all. I'm very positive it's deactivated. You can't disable a part from appearing. But I can disable the code from running. So yes the parts render. But as you can see they don't appear in staging. Nor does the action groups work, nor even the editor window, or any of the right click popups. Which is, well, the behaviour when it's disabled. Same for the stock chutes, they're being overwritten by ModuleManager to use RealChute, so if RealChute is disabled, the stock chutes are.

If you're not having the popup include it, I'm 99% sure if you look at your logs you'll see RealChute.dll does not load properly. That should be the first thing you send my way too, I couldn't have helped you without logs.

EDIT: I was right, doesn't load at all.

Edited by stupid_chris

Trust the author that RealChute does turn the plugin off if it detects an incompatible version in Compatibility Checker. Most likely there's a maximum height to the CompatibilityChecker dialog and RealChute just got pushed off the bottom by everything else.

And the stock parachutes being converted to use the disabled plugin? That's ModuleManager. All ModuleManager knows is "on these parts, delete ModuleParachutes and add this MODULE node for RealChute". It has no way to know whether the plugin that provides that module is happy or sad; it just applies the patches the way they're written.

You could even do a ModuleManager patch that adds non-existent modules that have no plugin.

ModuleManager will quite happily execute the following. (don't actually use it. Really)

@PART
[*]
{
!MODULE
[*],*
MODULE
{
name = This_Module_Does_Not_Exist_And_You_Will_Haz_A_Sad_If_You_Use_This_Code
}
}

Hilarity ensues.

Personally, I won't touch .90 in earnest until RealChutes is compatible.

This is meant as a sincere compliment and a testimony to how much I value it, not as pressure to get it done. I'm fine with .25 and I can wait. :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.