[1.12.X] RealChute Parachute Systems v1.4.8.3 | 24/01/21

stupid_chris

This is no big deal but....

In the contracts screen when a contract is presented on behalf of Wenkel corporation the company logo does not appear in the contract detail screen header.. it shows a white blank frame where logos a typically displayed.

Or is this just me and my screen resolution doing this?

Known and fixed in the new version that commes out Soon

Is there a tutorial for creating MM configs for different mods that include parachutes? I've dug around and can't seem to find any. And when I try and create one myself strange things start happening xD

For example USI's new Sounding Rockets. They go pretty damn fast, and as a result come back down pretty damn fast too. The stock chute has a tendency to promote rapid deconstruction... A RealChute would likely fix the issue.

Thanks in advance!

The OP has documentation on which parts of the module do what, you can look at the MM patches I did myself to reproduce that on new parts.

Hi there

Just wanted to report a small interaction issue with another mod. I know it's probably not in your list of priority, but anyways. With RoverDude's Survival pack (he's including mm config for your mod ), there's one part that get his chute changed for a RC one. Once the module is changed, it's causing the picture of the part in the VAB/SPH to explode/zoomin until it take the whole screen and then disappear.

It was an issue in the past, on squad side, related to the number of module or something. But now it's back, with that part only . According to roverdude, it's an issue he had in the past with your mod, but he does seem to have any idea of what would cause it. At the same time, it might be that Squad never really fixed the original problem but just hid it, and this specific part is breaking their fix.

It's pretty simple to just use the stock chute module and pretend there's no problem for now, but I guess that on a long term dev perspective it's better to know about it right know than later.

Your mod got updated pretty quickly after the new release and therefore it tempted me. I never tried it before and it is absolutly great. Actually, I had made a cross on chute a long time ago and was always relying on propulsion/lift to save my crew. Now I can do more dangerous missions, since I have a escape plan that is actually working thanks to you.

Is there a way to open a parachute at any altitude? ie disable the 'Deployment failed: Too high' thing?

Oh no, not again! :D

Hey OminousPenguin, check the previous page. Your answer might be lying there! ;)

-edit-

Seems Like I misunderstood your question. My apologies for that. Instead, Chris has answered you correctly, below!

Edited by Kowgan
I was wrong.

Hi there

Just wanted to report a small interaction issue with another mod. I know it's probably not in your list of priority, but anyways. With RoverDude's Survival pack (he's including mm config for your mod ), there's one part that get his chute changed for a RC one. Once the module is changed, it's causing the picture of the part in the VAB/SPH to explode/zoomin until it take the whole screen and then disappear.

It was an issue in the past, on squad side, related to the number of module or something. But now it's back, with that part only . According to roverdude, it's an issue he had in the past with your mod, but he does seem to have any idea of what would cause it. At the same time, it might be that Squad never really fixed the original problem but just hid it, and this specific part is breaking their fix.

It's pretty simple to just use the stock chute module and pretend there's no problem for now, but I guess that on a long term dev perspective it's better to know about it right know than later.

Your mod got updated pretty quickly after the new release and therefore it tempted me. I never tried it before and it is absolutly great. Actually, I had made a cross on chute a long time ago and was always relying on propulsion/lift to save my crew. Now I can do more dangerous missions, since I have a escape plan that is actually working thanks to you.

As far as I know, that bug has not been fixed, no. From what it sounds like, his MM patch is not working, and the module isn't being added, leaving more than three resources on the part, and causing the bug. As you might notice, the parts I apply my MM patches on are working pretty well. If RoverDude has problems doing MM patches for RealChute or thinks theres a bug with RC causing that, he should probably message me about it.

Is there a way to open a parachute at any altitude? ie disable the 'Deployment failed: Too high' thing?

You can't. The parachute has a maximum altitude it can be deployed at, over that, it won't deploy. As Kowgan said, you can arm it there instead, but you won't be able to just deploy it there.

Chris - Any chance we'll get an option for 3.75m stack and cone chutes for the larger parts pack?

Also, if I could get someone to do the models etc, would a Universal Storage chute-pack be able to have 3 chutes inside, or is there a 2 chute limit? You just mentioned a 3 resource bug in the post above me.

Edited by NihilRex

Chris - Any chance we'll get an option for 3.75m stack and cone chutes for the larger parts pack?

Also, if I could get someone to do the models etc, would a Universal Storage chute-pack be able to have 3 chutes inside, or is there a 2 chute limit? You just mentioned a 3 resource bug in the post above me.

3.75m is ridiculously too big for a parachute case, just stick an adapter really. You can still make a M config which would add those sizes, but I'm not gonn a include them.

And you can have as many parachutes in a single RealChuteModule as you want, the resource thingy is a stock bug unrelated to RealChute.

Yes, just like how it is incredibly hard for kerbals to make small tanks (large tanks are easy), it's very, very expensive and difficult to cut different sizes of nylon. In fact, you will need to upgrade the VAB before kerbals can use scissors.

Shush you and go back to unlocking the editor whenever you want :P You'll get to resize the canopies while resizing the cases, I already told you, it's the whole editor I do not want.

I am having an issue where my chutes break upon deployment. The double chute works fine, but the combo chute from SDHI works only for the main chute. The drogue still breaks. I'm running FAR, DRE, RT2, and several other part mods.

Hello, and welcome to the forums, duckmaister3000!

When do these drogues "break"? If they "break" several seconds after deployment, they're working as they should. They're supposed to slow the vessel to a certain speed/altitude, until they automatically cut off, and then the main chutes are deployed. :)

If that's not your case, disregard the above and specify your bug.

I am having an issue where my chutes break upon deployment. The double chute works fine, but the combo chute from SDHI works only for the main chute. The drogue still breaks. I'm running FAR, DRE, RT2, and several other part mods.

Kowgan is right on that one too, the drogue chute cuts on it's own right before the main chute deployment. Else, if you are deploying your parachutes up in the atmosphere, DRE might be burning up your parachutes.

Hmm. The cost is listed as 0 in the in-game editor, but they do in fact cost money. Okay, consider that request rescinded. :D

I noticed the listed price was 0 as well, but the parts do increase the cost of the vessel and do return funds while using StageRecovery. Could be considered a minor bug, not much of an issue though. Of course, it's hard to list a set price when different options that can be adjusted also affect the price pf the part... soo... lack of a price listed on the tooltip is no biggie.

Edited by Baythan

Hello to everybody and thanks for this wonderful plugin.

I am still using the 0.25 version of KSP and I am having issues with the new version of Realchutes 1.2.6.1. The realchutes parts are listed and can be attached but don't show up in stage menu nor their window in action groups pops pop. Since the 1.2.6 version was working flawless I would like to revert to that one but I cannot find it anywhere and I (regrettably) trashed the original zip file.

Could you link me one, please?

In case you'd need a log file I could attach this too.

Thanks

I noticed the listed price was 0 as well, but the parts do increase the cost of the vessel and do return funds while using StageRecovery. Could be considered a minor bug, not much of an issue though. Of course, it's hard to list a set price when different options that can be adjusted also affect the price pf the part... soo... lack of a price listed on the tooltip is no biggie.

It's a Squad bug. See, the part config says "cost = 0" for RealChute parts, because the cost of the part is set procedurally by the RealChuteModule (width of the parachute), and by the ProceduralChute module (case size). The problem is that the tooltip doesn't display the cost of modules. I can't do anything about it, and as you can see, the parachutes do cost something. So just harass Squad about this one, not my division.

Hello to everybody and thanks for this wonderful plugin.

I am still using the 0.25 version of KSP and I am having issues with the new version of Realchutes 1.2.6.1. The realchutes parts are listed and can be attached but don't show up in stage menu nor their window in action groups pops pop. Since the 1.2.6 version was working flawless I would like to revert to that one but I cannot find it anywhere and I (regrettably) trashed the original zip file.

Could you link me one, please?

In case you'd need a log file I could attach this too.

Thanks

RealChute versions are not backwards compatible. Use 1.2.6 stored on KerbalStuff

dear stupid can you change the chut is first at min version for first pod size is. at 2 step can in the new career the chute size edit in the vab.

I'm... not quite sure what you mean, but the next update will bring the ability to modify the case size without the editor window.

It's a Squad bug. See, the part config says "cost = 0" for RealChute parts, because the cost of the part is set procedurally by the RealChuteModule (width of the parachute), and by the ProceduralChute module (case size). The problem is that the tooltip doesn't display the cost of modules. I can't do anything about it, and as you can see, the parachutes do cost something. So just harass Squad about this one, not my division.

Procedural part cost will probably not be able to be listed in part config or in that little tooltip. We'll live without it.

I'm... not quite sure what you mean, but the next update will bring the ability to modify the case size without the editor window.

Yay! being able to use that nosecone on a Mk1 pod without it looking ridiculous is a great thing. I'm pretty sure that's exactly what Prismatech was asking for through his Google(or Bing) Translator.

Lextacy -

1. Spare chutes is the number of times the chute can be repacked. They add weight and cost, however.

2. "Parachute parts used" is to help calculate the size of the chutes. If you use 2 chutes, but leave it set at 1, the chutes will be too large for your goal, but you shouldn't crash, instead you'd probably just take forever to land. If you get a message about being unable to set the parachutes because its at max, increase this number, and add more chutes to match this setting.

Drogue chutes - Set a target altitude and speed. The chute will try to slow the ship to that speed, at that altitude.

Main Chutes - Set a landing speed, chute will attempt to land at that speed.

PreDeployment and Deployment Altitudes - How high up the chutes will open.

Autocut Altitude- at what altitude the chutes will cut on their own.

That should cover most of it.