[1.12.X] RealChute Parachute Systems v1.4.8.3 | 24/01/21

stupid_chris

7 hours ago, MaverickSawyer said:

Is there any way to manually override this function for the time being? Or is it hard-coded into the .dll?

Yep, hard coded, it should also have displayed a message as you launched KSP. Major version changes are very prone to breaking KSP completely, often because of name changes. I'll see if anything broke this time around and then see about releasing.

8 minutes ago, stupid_chris said:

Yep, hard coded, it should also have displayed a message as you launched KSP. Major version changes are very prone to breaking KSP completely, often because of name changes. I'll see if anything broke this time around and then see about releasing.

Yeah, I got the popup, but wanted to see if there was a way to make use of it in the meantime.

Like I said, patiently waiting for the new version.

Hey, thanks for the Update!

Unfortunaetly the category is still not showing up in my game, to be specific: all chutes are gone and can only be found by sorting the items by tech-level. So I reedited the config files as mentioned some pages before, still works.

32 minutes ago, Prismatech said:

have the problem from @jah1985 too. at science ar build in . the survive way funktional by me too.  Errorlogs

With ckan installed and german language played

Please don't post the log split up like that. Post the ksp.log in its entirety exactly as you see it in the folder

3 hours ago, stupid_chris said:

@Starwaster

Yep

I'll take a look at the localization file... yknow... in case they changed it :rolleyes:

EDIT: doesn't appear they have, so not sure what the problem is this time around.

When I compile the code on my machine and test with it, I get the parachute category. When I download the released plugin and use that, I don't get the parachute category....

On 10/18/2018 at 11:55 PM, Starwaster said:

When I compile the code on my machine and test with it, I get the parachute category. When I download the released plugin and use that, I don't get the parachute category....

That's weird, but I've talked to Taniwha and apparently the solution is much simpler. The buttons have two name fields, catergoryName, and categoryDisplayName, and we are currently using the later. The first is never localized, the second is. We should probably switch to the non localized name and save ourselves a lot of trouble.

8 hours ago, stupid_chris said:

That's weird, but I've talked to Taniwha and apparently the solution is much simpler. The buttons have two name fields, catergoryName, and categoryDisplayName, and we are currently using the later. The first is never localized, the second is. We should probably switch to the non localized name and save ourselves a lot of trouble.

I think I tried using categoryName and that it didn't work....

Edit: And just to clarify when I posted earlier comparing my compiled plugin vs the one currently available for download, I mean when switching languages. In both cases I do get a parachute category when using english language. Only when switching to another language does the button not appear when using the downloaded version. (not sure that was clear from my previous post)

Edited by Starwaster

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...