[1.12.X] RealChute Parachute Systems v1.4.8.3 | 24/01/21

stupid_chris

(someone who isn't a fulltime volunteer with no income I mean, so don't look at me!)

same

It's especially obvious during pre-deployment where you can see the exterior is really stretched.

Ah, that. No unfortunately nothing can be done about it. It'll either look weird duriunig predeployment or during deployment. The canopy must be only one transform, so it will look like that when not fully stretched.

okay, not much of a problem, the mechanics are so much more important :) Did you intend on adding a feature for parachute tearing off at high speeds during reentry, mainly during reentry effect, any time soon?

Ah, about that.

I'm going to spent the rest of the day relaxing, after the last two months of tearing my hair out over the code in this update, I /think/ I can afford that.

But rather soon, hopefully tomorrow, if not in the next few days, I'll write up a post explaining where the mod is heading now that this is done. The original scope of the mod for which I was aiming for the very first day I started coding it is now complete. But across it all I thought of other things I could do. I'll tell you guys when I get the time to put it on paper :)

Am I the only one who experienced 2.5m chutes shrinking down back to 1.25m on the launchpad?

I'd need an output_log.txt to help you.

About that guys, for any bug report, if you want me to get on it ASAP, I need the output_log.txt as well as the KSP log. Save folders would also be appreciated.

Are the "modulemanager files" in the archive a convenient separation of the cfgs? do they also need to be merged into the realchute folder?

Read the ReadMe file, it's said what to do to install them. Just merge the GameData folder containing the MM files with the GameData folder of your game.

Ah , I see that -- it *does* contain the mm .dll --but the cfg files were already included in the realchute/modulemanager folder as well. I thought they might have been different versions of the files or some such.

Cheers for the support on this. :)

Ah , I see that -- it *does* contain the mm .dll --but the cfg files were already included in the realchute/modulemanager folder as well. I thought they might have been different versions of the files or some such.

Cheers for the support on this. :)

Ah, that would be an error on my part. I'll remove it from there next update.

and the button adventures continue. Tried something else, this better work now or I might look...... stupid.
Has someone sent this man his blueberry or cherry pie yet?

(someone who isn't a fulltime volunteer with no income I mean, so don't look at me!)

So it works now. As I am back I just donated 1.50$ as a greatful thanks for your hard work on this astonishing mod. Referring to Starwaster, I don't think it will suffice for a pie (no clue how expensive stuff is in Canada) but every cent counts I guess :wink:

Edited by DasBananenbrot

When using symmetrical drogue chutes, the chutes appear to pull asymmetrically when partially deployed (one chute has more drag than the others), but pull symmetrically when fully deployed (all the same amount of drag). Is this an intended behavior?

Javascript is disabled. View full album
Edited by rifter

So poor Herbas just learned the hard way you can't repack chutes in flight. I had to use the chutes for an unplanned science stop, and then forgot to repack. Later the planned ejection system worked, I just had no chutes. So... yeah. Oops. Just a cautionary tale for everyone else.

When using symmetrical drogue chutes, the chutes appear to pull asymmetrically when partially deployed (one chute has more drag than the others), but pull symmetrically when fully deployed (all the same amount of drag). Is this an intended behavior?

http://imgur.com/a/c84Bh

Oh I think I know what might be the problem here. I'll check my code, it should be a simple fix. I'm not going to push it just yet however, it doesn't seem to be critical, so I'll wait for bigger stuff to pop up.

EDIT: Fixed

A line was flat out missing of the code. I'll bundle this with the next bugfixing update :)

Edited by stupid_chris

Hi stupid_chris,

was using v0.9 up until now and just installed v1.0.1, when I immediatly ran into this problem:

http://imgur.com/a/WtECW#0

As you can see, I wanted to put one of your neat main chute cones on my 1.25m pod, so I scaled it down with the new action group window and saved that.

When I started the flight, it was back at standard size though.

I've tried redownloading and the other cone, same problem.

Here are the logfiles of the shown flight, I deleted them before and made a new save:

https://www./?tpqhoh5g5572hc5

Can anybody else confirm this?

EDIT: Just tried on a vanilla KSP v0.23, just RealChute v1.0.1 and Module Manager 1.5.6 installed, same bug happend again.

Also, I just donated 10$ (6.77€) I had lying around, thanks for this great mod!

Edited by BigNose

Hi stupid_chris,

was using v0.9 up until now and just installed v1.0.1, when I immediatly ran into this problem:

http://imgur.com/a/WtECW#0

As you can see, I wanted to put one of your neat main chute cones on my 1.25m pod, so I scaled it down with the new action group window and saved that.

When I started the flight, it was back at standard size though.

I've tried redownloading and the other cone, same problem.

Here are the logfiles of the shown flight, I deleted them before and made a new save:

https://www./?tpqhoh5g5572hc5

Can anybody else confirm this?

EDIT: Just tried on a vanilla KSP v0.23, just RealChute v1.0.1 and Module Manager 1.5.6 installed, same bug happend again.

Also, I just donated 10$ (6.77€) I had lying around, thanks for this great mod!

Thanks for the log file, I'll take a look :)

Also, thank you so much, you're awesome, this means the world to me :D

EDIT: the .zip is broken, can you upload the log files to pastebin?

Edited by stupid_chris

Ended up figuring it out on my own, I actually broke it myself in 1.0.1 :P

So yeah, a small fix, v1.0.1.1 should solve the small problems there was so far.

Changelog:

March 3rd 2014
v1.0.1.1
*Hotfix*
-Fixed size not remaining in fligh properly
-Fixed symmetry counterparts not having the right predpeloyed diameter
-Sorted some problems with the correct updating of part GUI

Cheers!

Thought this should be here so you can see it chris

Latest version of RealChute seems to have broken DREC.

While trying to land my space plane I generated a 280 MB output_log.txt file (which, needless to say I will not be posting)

280 MB of THIS:

InvalidCastException: Cannot cast from source type to destination type.
at DeadlyReentry.ModuleAeroReentry.IsShielded (Vector3 direction) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at DeadlyReentry.ModuleAeroReentry.ReentryHeat (Vector3 velocity) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at DeadlyReentry.ModuleAeroReentry.FixedUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

What do you mean by that?

DRE is throwing the errors, it's Nathan's code that is reacting to the new update badly from what it seems. He'll probably have to rework is implementation that allowed him detecting what was going on with my parachutes I guess. And since I can't change his code... :P

Ended up figuring it out on my own, I actually broke it myself in 1.0.1 :P

So yeah, a small fix, v1.0.1.1 should solve the small problems there was so far.

Changelog:

March 3rd 2014
v1.0.1.1
*Hotfix*
-Fixed size not remaining in fligh properly
-Fixed symmetry counterparts not having the right predpeloyed diameter
-Sorted some problems with the correct updating of part GUI

Cheers!

You are awesome!

And you are right, the .zip is actually broken... It wasn't before I uploaded it, oh well, deleted it from mediafire now.

Regards, BigNose

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.