[1.12.X] RealChute Parachute Systems v1.4.8.3 | 24/01/21

stupid_chris

So it works now. As I am back I just donated 1.50$ as a greatful thanks for your hard work on this astonishing mod. Referring to Starwaster, I don't think it will suffice for a pie (no clue how expensive stuff is in Canada) but every cent counts I guess :wink:

Also, I just donated 10$ (6.77€) I had lying around, thanks for this great mod!

I guess now you have enough for a pie and a coffe ;)

Ended up figuring it out on my own, I actually broke it myself in 1.0.1 :P

So yeah, a small fix, v1.0.1.1 should solve the small problems there was so far.

Great job, man!

GarfieldThumsUp.jpg

Now to befriend your mod with Mechjeb and it will be totally purrfect!

A word of warning to all... make sure you apply parachute updates to the symmetry counterparts as well!

Do this BEFORE your SSTO spaceplane leaves its hangar or you will cry when you try to land it.

if u chose info u can apply to symetry even while inflight. everything but the diameter and type of clothe can be changed while inflight now

Great job, man!

http://i896.photobucket.com/albums/ac165/1771ss/GarfieldThumsUp.jpg

Now to befriend your mod with Mechjeb and it will be totally purrfect!

That is up to the mechjeb team to figure it out, however I believe codepoet was working on it :)

In the meanwhile, I've had some time to play with KSP actually and I found some bugs myself :sticktongue: I'm gonna keep playing a little and fix things as they notice them, and I'll package 1.0.2 when I feel I've found enough small glitches.

if u chose info u can apply to symetry even while inflight. everything but the diameter and type of clothe can be changed while inflight now

Correct, and different cloth means different drag which means spaceplane pulls to one side which means tipping and yawing which means crashing.

Followed by the crying. And if you're lucky, cake and grief counseling.

Correct, and different cloth means different drag which means spaceplane pulls to one side which means tipping and yawing which means crashing.

Followed by the crying. And if you're lucky, cake and grief counseling.

portal reference................. i have nothing to say to that.....

Pie is my only true divinity.

Also, I've fixed about five different bugs without anyone reporting them... interesting :)

Were these bugs placed there for us to catch? :)

Also -- There are fewer RS parts now, right? The mk16 is now realchute-ized and is the only cone 'chute for the 1-man pod? I just want to confirm my game isn't bugging out. ;)

SafeChute seems to have stopped working, and I've posted a message there, but I always dread small bugs I don't notice until it's too late.

Also -- There are fewer RS parts now, right? The mk16 is now realchute-ized and is the only cone 'chute for the 1-man pod? I just want to confirm my game isn't bugging out. ;)

As far as actual parts, there are fewer parts but notice that you can resize the RC parts so technically you can use the RC cones and shrink them down

Were these bugs placed there for us to catch? :)

SafeChute seems to have stopped working, and I've posted a message there, but I always dread small bugs I don't notice until it's too late.

There's four parts now, a cone with one chute, a cone double chute, a stack chute and a radial chute. But you can do literally anything you want with those four now :)

As for that, yeah, it most likely stopped working, but the fix will be simple for him.

I installed this today (as you know from IRC), and overall I love it. The only thing I don't like is that it doesn't have a "active but not predeployed" state similar to what the stock chutes had in KSP (I think they were a blue color in the staging bar) when you were outside the atmosphere. Because RealChutes doesn't have this, it can mess up staging. Any chance we could see something like this in a future release?

Basically it would be a state where you could activate (but not deploy) the chute at any altitude, and then when the chute got to its maximum predeployment altitude, it would automatically predeploy, instead of what it does now, which is just bump the chutes to the next stage without any triggering at altitude.

Alright guys and gals, dogs and cats, bananas and apples, kerbonauts and rocket builders, here it is. A lot of people have been waiting a long time for this and I've been spending a long time building this up, so here it is. I'm releasing RealChute v1.0 to the public :)

I just see this.. congrats.. seems great. I will test it.

I installed this today (as you know from IRC), and overall I love it. The only thing I don't like is that it doesn't have a "active but not predeployed" state similar to what the stock chutes had in KSP (I think they were a blue color in the staging bar) when you were outside the atmosphere. Because RealChutes doesn't have this, it can mess up staging. Any chance we could see something like this in a future release?

Basically it would be a state where you could activate (but not deploy) the chute at any altitude, and then when the chute got to its maximum predeployment altitude, it would automatically predeploy, instead of what it does now, which is just bump the chutes to the next stage without any triggering at altitude.

Yep, you are looking for "arm parachute" :) And if you want this to happen everytime you stage, go change "autoArm" ro true in RealChute_Settings.cfg

Yep, you are looking for "arm parachute" :) And if you want this to happen everytime you stage, go change "autoArm" ro true in RealChute_Settings.cfg

Ah, I had forgotten about the context menu after configuring almost everything in the editor window. Thanks!

Might I suggest this as the default behavior. I thought the addon was bugged until I read this. Staging a packed parachute and having it deploy/pre-deploy is the expected behavior. Clicking "arm" on each individual parachute is not. I am hoping this is why mechjeb doesn't deploy the chutes as well.

Overall a great mod though, thank you.

Also, is there are chance we will see larger sized parachutes. Some of the big parts mods can make for some rather large landers. Larger chutes would allow for lower part counts. (And for those that don't know about the config file, less clicking.)

Mr.Stupid really hates the stock behavior of arming parachutes when staging them, not sure why, I think a wrongly staged parachute killed his pet or something, it took considerable pestering for him to even include the option.

Might I suggest this as the default behavior. I thought the addon was bugged until I read this. Staging a packed parachute and having it deploy/pre-deploy is the expected behavior. Clicking "arm" on each individual parachute is not. I am hoping this is why mechjeb doesn't deploy the chutes as well.

Overall a great mod though, thank you.

Also, is there are chance we will see larger sized parachutes. Some of the big parts mods can make for some rather large landers. Larger chutes would allow for lower part counts. (And for those that don't know about the config file, less clicking.)

I'm leaving it like this as a default. It's easy enough to change. Anyway, there's is a really clear message saying on the screen saying "failed to deploy" along with a blinking red icon, how can you think it's bugged?

As for MechJeb, no it's not the reason, it's simply because MechJeb isn't configured yet to detect them.

And as for the bigger parts... wait, have you actually downloaded v1.0? :P There /are/ bigger parts included and you can do literally whatever you want with the parachutes :P