[1.12.X] RealChute Parachute Systems v1.4.8.3 | 24/01/21

stupid_chris

Yep, but if you're going hypersonic, steeply downwards, at 4000 m altitude, and relying on parachutes to get you down safely, it really doesn't matter if they fail or not. ;)

Not to worry though! As long as the capsule survived, there's nothing that a damp sponge and a bucket can't fix inside...

Hey everyone!

Currently at Orlando's International Airport, waiting for the flight home. Turns out there were massive icy rain storms up there, and a lot of flights are delayed or cancelled, turns out mine has only two hours of delay, which means I'll be home for 4am. Other than that, I feel like a lizard shedding it skin, got some bad sunburns on my shoulders.

Also, before we came back to the airport earlier, we did a full tour of the Kennedy Space Center! Saw the Atlantis Shuttle, one of the three remaining Saturn V rockets, the VAB, and the 39B launch pad, was pretty awesome all around, I'll post pictures when I get home if anyone's interested :P

Hope you all had good holidays :)

Also, before we came back to the airport earlier, we did a full tour of the Kennedy Space Center! Saw the Atlantis Shuttle, one of the three remaining Saturn V rockets, the VAB, and the 39B launch pad, was pretty awesome all around, I'll post pictures when I get home if anyone's interested :P

Is the Pope Argentinian? Of course we want to see your pictures!!! :D

Pictures! Yes!

Why would a bunch of nerds that play a space simulator NOT want to see pictures of real space stuff? Even those of us who have visited such places in the past (I've only been to Johnson Space Center in Houston).

Hello... im having problems with parachutes at 6.000 mts... i lose sight of my ship...

AxxmRom.png

6.000 mts and is like i lose sight the rocket....

a1RlY4U.png

... and i lost.

M9PLfkj.png

Now doing some testing.. i discovered that for some reason without RealShute its works fine... so i realised the following...

with RS i have two option where appear the MK16 Parachute...

OjPtfGf.png

qp0aLlq.png

So for some reason thats is making me to lose sight rockets when i used this parachute (for now i tested with that one) maybe if there are more duplicate maybe that means more problema... i dont know exaclty.

To anyone happends this problems? How can i fix this problema... i want to use Real Shute :(

Edited by Gotcha

Realchutes version?

Sounds like the same issue reported here, thought this was fixed though.

All parachutes appear in both utility & parachutes categories for me too, I had thought this was normal?

It doesn't cause any issues here anyway.

Edited by steve_v

Since updating from 1.2.6.1 to 1.2.6.2 I am getting a bug when using the mk16 parachute. Once the rocket passes 6000m the center of mass suddenly shifts way below where the craft is. this makes the camera focus on a point below the rocket and makes the physics go a little crazy. I'm using a few other mods so it may be a compatibility issue. Is anyone else having this?

i have the same problem.

Edit: i upgrade to 1.2.6.3 and seems to fix the problema at 6.000 mts :)

Edited by Gotcha

To all those who wanted the pictures I took at the Kennedy Space Center, there you go:

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Album link for higher res

It was an awesome experience overall, the Saturn V is ridiculously huge, and the Shuttle has an incredible wow factor. I just stood there staring at it for a few good minutes before I ventured any further.

Nice!! Great pics, Chris. Thank you for sharing.

A few points there:

- The Atlantis parts look quite rusty, hah. Not sure if it's the ambient light, or it should be expected due to age.

- You took a pic of its engines! Nice! Can you tell if all the three main engines are tilted upwards, or is that only the top one? I'm really confused about this for some time now. It looks like it varies from model to model.

The ambiant light was pretty low, and it might explain why it looked quite aged. Aging certainly has to do with it, though however I'm not quite sure rusty is the good word. From what it seemed up close, the whole shuttle's extarior looked like it was made out of silicon foam, just as the belly heat shielding is. I'm not sure I'm right, but it looked very much like that.

As for the engine, they seemed to be perfectly horizontal from the point of view I had, I believe they were gimballed to their 15° angle at launch, and were moved back to a normal inclination for the exposition. I might be wrong, the point of view from below didn't make it quite clear :P

By the way, why are the chutes costs set to 0 (at least the radial one, didn't check the others) ?

I always feel like I'm cheating when I add those to my ship :(

No they do not cost zero. The cost is procedural and not shown by the interface, apparently because it's another part of the "lelsokerbal" philosophy. But if you look at your counter you'll see it does add costs to the ship being built.

Hello... im having problems with parachutes at 6.000 mts... i lose sight of my ship...

6.000 mts and is like i lose sight the rocket....

Now doing some testing.. i discovered that for some reason without RealShute its works fine... so i realised the following...

with RS i have two option where appear the MK16 Parachute...

So for some reason thats is making me to lose sight rockets when i used this parachute (for now i tested with that one) maybe if there are more duplicate maybe that means more problema... i dont know exaclty.

To anyone happends this problems? How can i fix this problema... i want to use Real Shute :(

Me and several other have had this problem too. Also more people are having this issue since .90. I fixed it by doing a fresh install, fresh install of all up to date mods, then imported my game save in. Also does one of your symptoms include a disappeared chute staging icon? Also this is not limited to the MK chute. Hope chris can look into it after his vacation.

No they do not cost zero. The cost is procedural and not shown by the interface, apparently because it's another part of the "lelsokerbal" philosophy. But if you look at your counter you'll see it does add costs to the ship being built.

Thanks Chris, glad to know I'll now feel less guilty using them ;)