[1.12.X] RealChute Parachute Systems v1.4.8.3 | 24/01/21

stupid_chris

Hey thanks for the great mod, been using it for a couple days now and it's so much nicer than packing on tons of stock chutes. And I hate to ask something that I know has been answered a few times as I saw this answered before I downloaded the mod and was looking through tons of old posts, but I can't for the life of me find it now.

How can can I set the chutes to auto arm through staging like stock chutes did. So that I can hit spacebar to stage and then when chutes get to proper requirements it deploys automatically. And not having to either click each chute to arm them or wait until requirement are met for chutes and deploying manually?

What file and what setting am I looking to change again please ?

Hey thanks for the great mod, been using it for a couple days now and it's so much nicer than packing on tons of stock chutes. And I hate to ask something that I know has been answered a few times as I saw this answered before I downloaded the mod and was looking through tons of old posts, but I can't for the life of me find it now.

How can can I set the chutes to auto arm through staging like stock chutes did. So that I can hit spacebar to stage and then when chutes get to proper requirements it deploys automatically. And not having to either click each chute to arm them or wait until requirement are met for chutes and deploying manually?

What file and what setting am I looking to change again please ?

Space Center. Look for the chute icon on the toolbar.

Would you be willing to do that sometime? Take your time, seriously, but with the popularity of SpaceX it'd be something I (and I'm sure many others) would love to have to play with.

I don't have the time to. Someone can do it and send me the config and I'll check it quickly before packaging it, but I don't have the time too right now and in a near forseeable future.

I think I'm doing something wrong with RealChute, but I'm not sure what. To make sure it's not a mod conflict of some such, I tried the baseline RealChute parts and everything works just fine, so it's a configuration issue or something else on my end.

It appears to be a problem with the fully deployed animation for my parachute. Here's what I mean:

Y441raA.png

The craft slows down as expected but the fully deployed animation isn't run. It works just fine for the stock parachute module, the semiDeploy and fullyDeploy animations that I created work perfectly.

Here is what I use for the stock parachute module:

MODULE

{

name = ModuleParachute

invertCanopy = true

autoCutSpeed = 0.5

capName = cap

canopyName = canopy

semiDeployedAnimation = semiDeploy

fullyDeployedAnimation = fullyDeploy

stowedDrag = 0.22

semiDeployedDrag = 1

fullyDeployedDrag = 800

minAirPressureToOpen = 0.01

deployAltitude = 500

deploymentSpeed = 0.4

semiDeploymentSpeed = 1

}

This is what I have for RealChute:

MODULE

{

name = RealChuteModule

caseMass = 0.01

timer = 0

mustGoDown = false

cutSpeed = 0.5

spareChutes = 5

PARACHUTE

{

material = Nylon

preDeployedDiameter = 2

deployedDiameter = 50

minIsPressure = true

minPressure = 0.01

deploymentAlt = 700

cutAlt = -1

preDeploymentSpeed = 1

deploymentSpeed = 1

preDeploymentAnimation = semiDeploy

deploymentAnimation = fullyDeploy

parachuteName = canopy

capName = cap

}

}

// MODULE

// {

// name = ProceduralChute

// textureLibrary = StockReplacement

// currentCanopies = Main chute

// }

EFFECTS

{

rcpredeploy

{

AUDIO

{

channel = Ship

clip = sound_parachute_open

volume = 1

}

}

rcdeploy

{

AUDIO

{

channel = Ship

clip = sound_parachute_single

volume = 1

}

}

rccut

{

AUDIO

{

channel = Ship

clip = RealChute/Sounds/sound_parachute_cut

volume = 1

}

}

rcrepack

{

AUDIO

{

channel = Ship

clip = RealChute/Sounds/sound_parachute_repack

volume = 1

}

}

}

Any ideas what I could be doing wrong? The cap name, canopy name, and animation names all match the 3D model I built and the values I used for the stock parachute mod, so I think I'm missing something else.

Thanks for the help! :)

Not entirely sure what was wrong, but it's definitely fixed now. Thanks for the help! :) What gets me is that the animations worked perfectly with the stock parachute model. I like how RealChute can see that my chute is slightly offset from center and properly angles the craft. :)

Is there a known issue with 64-bit linux?

I only get "Toggle" Info on rightclicking the Realchute Cone chute, no next and previous size.

It works fine in Windows 32-bit (With the exact same mods, except on Linux I have Astronomer's visual pack

http://i.imgur.com/8xcZGBu.jpg

000_Toolbar

000_USITools

ArcanumIndustries

ART

BoulderCo

Chatterer

CoherentContracts

CommunityResourcePack

CommunityTechTree

ContractConfigurator

ContractPacks

Contract_science_modifier

CrowdSourcedScience

DeadlyReentry

DistantObject

DMagic Orbital Science

EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements

EvilCorp

ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads

FinalFrontier.dat

Firespitter

JSI

KAS

KerbalConstructionTime

KerbalEngineer

KerbalJointReinforcement

KerbalStats

KerbinSide

KSPAPIExt

KSP-AVC

MagicSmokeIndustries

MechJeb2

medsouz

mods.txt

ModuleManager.2.5.9.dll

ModuleManager.ConfigCache

ModuleManager.ConfigSHA

ModuleRCSFX

NASAmission

NavyFish

NehemiahInc

Nereid

PlanetShine

RealChute

Regolith

RemoteTech

SafeChute

SCANsat

ScienceAlert

SmokeScreen

Squad

StageRecovery

StationScience

StockBugFixModules

TechManager

TextureReplacer

ThunderAerospace

ToadicusTools

toolbar-settings.dat

TriggerTech

TweakableEverything

TweakScale

UmbraSpaceIndustries

UniversalStorage

VerneTech

VNG

WaypointManager

WiderContractsApp

WombatConversions

Not entirely sure what was wrong, but it's definitely fixed now. Thanks for the help! :) What gets me is that the animations worked perfectly with the stock parachute model. I like how RealChute can see that my chute is slightly offset from center and properly angles the craft. :)

That's what we call emergent behaviour. I'm not doing anything so that it does that. I'm just applying the force as it should be, and the ship position itself as it should be :P

Is there a known issue with 64-bit linux?

I only get "Toggle" Info on rightclicking the Realchute Cone chute, no next and previous size.

It works fine in Windows 32-bit (With the exact same mods, except on Linux I have Astronomer's visual pack

http://i.imgur.com/8xcZGBu.jpg

The option dissapears once you have unlocked action groups, or if you are in sandbox/science mode. Use the action groups editor window.

I don't know why, but sometimes parachutes doesn't arm. And when parachutes deployed sound of deployment run twice(Or single time when they doesn't arm). That just strange.

UPD. Chutes doesn't arm when in settings toggled predeployment by pressure(0.01). With predeployment by altitude all goes normal.

Edited by Shtirliz72

I don't know why, but sometimes parachutes doesn't arm. And when parachutes deployed sound of deployment run twice(Or single time when they doesn't arm). That just strange.

UPD. Chutes doesn't arm when in settings toggled predeployment by pressure(0.01). With predeployment by altitude all goes normal.

I can't help you with only this information.

I can't help you with only this information.

Ok. Test case was simple:

Command Pod mk1

Rt-10 Solid Buster

Mk-16 Parachute

2 x RealChute Radial Chutes

Mods Installed(fully reinstalled KSP with mods week ago, all mods are actual with latest versions):

Adjustable_Landing_Gear-1.0.4

B9_Aerospace_Pack_R5-2-8

DeadlyReentry_v6.4.0

DockingPortAlignment_5.1

FerramAerospaceResearch_v0_14_6

Interstellar_090_0136 (from develop)

Karbonite_0.5.5

KerbalAlarmClock_3.2.3.0

KerbalEngineer-1.0.15.2

KerbalJointReinforcement_v3.1.1

MechJeb2-2.4.2

MKS_0.22.6

Mod-Oriented_Tech_Tree-0.3.1

ModuleManager-2.5.9

NavHud_1.1.4

OPTV1.5

PlanetShine-0.2.2.1

RealChute_Parachute_Systems-1.2.6.3

RemoteTech-1.6.3

SCANsat_v10

TacLifeSupport_0.10.2.15

Toolbar-1.7.8

Trajectories-v1.1.3

TransferWindowPlanner_1.2.3.0

VenStockRevamp-1.7.2

WaypointManager_2.1.2

Active Texture Management 4.3 x86-Basic-Release

I would like to tell addictional info, but I don't know what kind of info you expect.

So how in the world do you uninstall this mod completely? I'm playing with a few things at a time, and having to mess with chutes isn't on my list right now, but unfortunately, deleting the folder in gamedata AND its modulemanager didn't fully remove its customization options in the game.

Quick question, Just started using this. Videos show a configure screen for the parachutes; however, I have yet to get one to pull up. Are they only on certian parachute/creative only/ changed since the videos? Just wondering if I have a mod conflict somewhere or if it is only there under specific situations.

How is "textureLibrary" in the ProceduralChute used? Will it use my custom canopy mesh and texture if I specify a texture map for it, or does it replace the part's canopy mesh wit one from RealChute?

All the documentation is in the OP. Look at what RealChute uses for examples. You don't need it at all if you are not going to have multiple textures/mcanopy models available for a single part and if you don't mind the canopies not scaling with parachute diameter.

So how in the world do you uninstall this mod completely? I'm playing with a few things at a time, and having to mess with chutes isn't on my list right now, but unfortunately, deleting the folder in gamedata AND its modulemanager didn't fully remove its customization options in the game.

1) You don't have to mess with chutes if you don't want to. Slap them on just as you would with stock chutes if you don't want to mess with it.

2) You certainly did not delete it correctly if it still appears.

Edited by stupid_chris

Here's my GameData folder...

http://tinypic.com/r/2vmujv8/8

The *chutes* aren't there, they've been gone for a while after I deleted it. But the ability to customize, plus the behavior of the chutes (opening WAY higher than the stock 500m) is still there.

You mean like by right clicking the chutes?

This is the stock parachutes doing this.