stupid_chris

[1.7] RealChute Parachute Systems v1.4.7.4 | 13/04/19

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Libri Lector said:

I've been trying to get all the KIS items out of the Utility category so that they only show up in the EVA Items category (they show up in both and it makes the utility category messy), but I have almost no modding experience and don't know what to do. Drew's comment was the closest thing I could find with various google searches.

Yea I took care of that too:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

on KSP 1.2.2 I can't apply all the setting of one chute to the symmetric parts....

I have an Eve lander with 6 ejectable parts on which are 12 MK2 radial mount parachutes, total is 72 parachutes.

When I set the settings of a parachute on one part and when I apply to symmetry counterpart, they do not take the settings

Edited by gilflo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, gilflo said:

on KSP 1.2.2 I can't apply all the setting of one chute to the symmetric parts....

I have an Eve lander with 6 ejectable parts on which are 12 MK2 radial mount parachutes, total is 72 parachutes.

When I set the settings of a parachute on one part and when I apply to symmetry counterpart, they do not take the settings

Can't replicate that. The only way I can see that happening is if the chutes are attached in a manner that the stock code itself does not see those chutes as being symmetrically attached.

What I did to test it was attach a tank to one of four radial decouplers in single, non symmetrical mode then attach a chute to that tank symmetrically (x2) then reattached the tank to the decoupler in symmetrical mode. Then I edited one of the chutes to change its opening altitude to a particular number, then clicked Apply Settings. Then clicked Apply to all symmetry counterparts. You MUST click apply settings before trying to apply to all counterparts BTW. So make sure you do that and also make sure that the game actually sees all those 72 parts as being symmetrically attached. (to verify that, go to the Action Group menu then click one of the RC parts. All its counterparts will be highlighted in blue)

Edited by Starwaster
Corrected erroneous instruction on seeing symmetry counterparts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello!

I've searched a lot but couldn't find a solution, so I'm asking here.

I've been setting up a bunch of mods (mainly part packs), and I've been having problems with RealChute, both standalone and included in FAR.

Mainly what happens is that as soon as anything "realchutey" is installed, I either lose all parachute parts, or they don't show up in staging when placed and cannot be activated or anything, or both.

It seems to be a problem that popped up from time to time, but I still am not able to find a solution anywhere. Any ideas what can I do? It works fine when I get rid of RealChute or FAR. Breaks as soon as any of them is installed.

It's the final thingy to stability of the 120 mods I have :P Which is much more stable than anything that I achieved in skyrim, so I hope I can actually stabilize this.

 

Thank you in advance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SaelbenNoa said:

Hello!

I've searched a lot but couldn't find a solution, so I'm asking here.

I've been setting up a bunch of mods (mainly part packs), and I've been having problems with RealChute, both standalone and included in FAR.

Mainly what happens is that as soon as anything "realchutey" is installed, I either lose all parachute parts, or they don't show up in staging when placed and cannot be activated or anything, or both.

It seems to be a problem that popped up from time to time, but I still am not able to find a solution anywhere. Any ideas what can I do? It works fine when I get rid of RealChute or FAR. Breaks as soon as any of them is installed.

It's the final thingy to stability of the 120 mods I have :P Which is much more stable than anything that I achieved in skyrim, so I hope I can actually stabilize this.

 

Thank you in advance.

For what it's worth, I have both RealChute and FAR and a bucket of other mods installed and do not have this problem - so I would suspect that a third mod might be the cause.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SaelbenNoa said:

Hello!

I've searched a lot but couldn't find a solution, so I'm asking here.

I've been setting up a bunch of mods (mainly part packs), and I've been having problems with RealChute, both standalone and included in FAR.

Mainly what happens is that as soon as anything "realchutey" is installed, I either lose all parachute parts, or they don't show up in staging when placed and cannot be activated or anything, or both.

It seems to be a problem that popped up from time to time, but I still am not able to find a solution anywhere. Any ideas what can I do? It works fine when I get rid of RealChute or FAR. Breaks as soon as any of them is installed.

It's the final thingy to stability of the 120 mods I have :P Which is much more stable than anything that I achieved in skyrim, so I hope I can actually stabilize this.

 

Thank you in advance.

Can't do anything without logs. See the following post if you need to know how to find them:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/83212-how-to-get-support-read-first/

(BTW, I have 140 mods in Fallout 4 and it's pretty stable :P )

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, AccidentalDisassembly said:

For what it's worth, I have both RealChute and FAR and a bucket of other mods installed and do not have this problem - so I would suspect that a third mod might be the cause.

Well, the problem goes away when I get rid of them... So I'm really not sure what could be causing it. KSP 1.2.2.1622, 64bit, on Windows 7 64-bit

And yea, sorry for a totally head-over-heels approach to troubleshooting, sorta doing this late.

 

Here is the output log, been a pain to upload

http://www.filedropper.com/outputlog

 

 

Edited by SaelbenNoa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey @Starwaster

The density method for FAR is throwing as the method changed, but the reflection code used to grab it hasn't been updated in RealChute. Here's the error. Caused by this change to FAR . Thanks!

 

Spoiler

 


[RealChute]: Encountered an error calculating atmospheric density with FAR. Using stock values.
  at System.Linq.Enumerable.Single[KeyValuePair`2] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 predicate, Fallback fallback) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Linq.Enumerable.Single[KeyValuePair`2] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 predicate) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at RealChute.RCUtils.get_DensityMethod () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at RealChute.Extensions.CelestialBodyExtensions.GetDensityAtAlt (.CelestialBody body, Double alt, Double temperature) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Svm420 said:

Hey @Starwaster

The density method for FAR is throwing as the method changed, but the reflection code used to grab it hasn't been updated in RealChute. Here's the error. Caused by this change to FAR . Thanks!

 

Looks like it could be reduced to simply grabbing the method with Single and the signature since only one exists now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/15/2017 at 4:42 PM, stupid_chris said:

Looks like it could be reduced to simply grabbing the method with Single and the signature since only one exists now.

Ok, so that part was easy enough, but it occurred to me in the middle of things that the method in question is also called by RC in the editor where there is no vessel to refer to, at least not a valid one in flight in the atmosphere of some body.

I'm currently working around it by introducing an optional Vessel parameter. So in flight, GetDensityAtAlt gets called with the current vessel at the end of it and in the editor, because the vessel parameter is null it defaults to the stock method just like RC would have done if FAR wasn't installed or it couldn't find a valid method. I don't see the FAR aero utils doing anything too unusual, in the end it's still calling stock methods so this should be ok for now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any news on the case of parachutes?

I do remember it being a problem in far past, but I had the newest version.

 

Thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, SaelbenNoa said:

Any news on the case of parachutes?

I do remember it being a problem in far past, but I had the newest version.

 

Thank you

I don't know parachute case problem you're referring to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12. 03. 2017. at 9:45 AM, SaelbenNoa said:

Well, the problem goes away when I get rid of them... So I'm really not sure what could be causing it. KSP 1.2.2.1622, 64bit, on Windows 7 64-bit

And yea, sorry for a totally head-over-heels approach to troubleshooting, sorta doing this late.

 

Here is the output log, been a pain to upload

http://www.filedropper.com/outputlog

 

 

 

3 hours ago, Starwaster said:

I don't know parachute case problem you're referring to.

Parachute parts disappearing from the game when RealChute or FAR is installed, or just the RealChute module of FAR, and the one remaining parachute (Mk26) not working at all

Edited by SaelbenNoa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SaelbenNoa said:

 

Parachute parts disappearing from the game when RealChute or FAR is installed, or just the RealChute module of FAR, and the one remaining parachute (Mk26) not working at all

Oh ok right. Sorry, I remember now. I'm kind of only at my keyboard intermittently for a few hours, and part of that time was spent either getting ready to push out a new Real Chute update or working on Deadly Reentry.

I'll take a look at your log this evening (EST)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I looked about to see if this was addressed anywhere, but would it be possible to get a 3.75m chute stack added at some point?  Asking more for part-count's sake instead of "Oh this is so hard" kind of whining.  The 7.5m SpaceY launch stage I used an hour ago looked hilarious with it's payload interstage stuffed with... somewhere around a dozen or more 2.5m stack chutes all set to max.  Still managed to recover it, but it'd just be nice to only need half a billion instead of a billion stack chutes for when I go full Whackjob.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, storm6436 said:

I looked about to see if this was addressed anywhere, but would it be possible to get a 3.75m chute stack added at some point?  Asking more for part-count's sake instead of "Oh this is so hard" kind of whining.  The 7.5m SpaceY launch stage I used an hour ago looked hilarious with it's payload interstage stuffed with... somewhere around a dozen or more 2.5m stack chutes all set to max.  Still managed to recover it, but it'd just be nice to only need half a billion instead of a billion stack chutes for when I go full Whackjob.

Just having a larger sized stack part or being able to resize to 3.75 isn't going to let you have fewer chutes. If a dozen 2.5m parts is what it takes you to land that part then it'll still take you a dozen 3.75m parts.... there are limits as to how large the chute itself can be. If you reach that limit and still can't land it then more chutes is just what you have to do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/23/2017 at 9:51 PM, Starwaster said:

Just having a larger sized stack part or being able to resize to 3.75 isn't going to let you have fewer chutes. If a dozen 2.5m parts is what it takes you to land that part then it'll still take you a dozen 3.75m parts.... there are limits as to how large the chute itself can be. If you reach that limit and still can't land it then more chutes is just what you have to do.

Well, I haven't dug into the numbers, it simply seemed to me that a 1.2m stack maxed out had less capacity for slowing things down than a 2.5m did similarly maxed out, so it stood to reason since trend appeared to be steadily increasing that it wouldn't stop at 2.5.  

 

 The more you learn... :P

Edited by storm6436

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/15/2017 at 6:18 PM, Starwaster said:

I'll take a look at it tonight

Any news? :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Svm420 said:

Any news? :) 

Yup sorry, had it fixed but got caught up in other mods that I'm involved in. I'm working on getting an update pushed out for RC today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, here it is: 

FAR Compatibility Update (Real Chute version 1.4.2)

Changes:

  • FAR compatibility update. Addresses changes to FARAeroUtil.GetCurrentDensity()
  • Bring RC chutes in line with stock contract changes. (hopefully prevent impossible chute contracts from being generated by the contract system)

I can't guarantee that that second item will prevent impossible chute contracts: That's the stock system at work. I used the values from the stock chutes so presumably it should work. Whatever contracts the stock ones are capable of having generated is what you'll get.

https://github.com/StupidChris/RealChute/releases/tag/v1.4.2.0

@stupid_chris if you'd do the honors of updating the front page?

Edited by Starwaster

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've found a bug with the latest version of RealChute/Latest dev version of FAR (Released approx 20 hours ago)/Kerbal Joint Reinforcement 3.3.1.

Log and craft file here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bz8b-qQdcJUJcDdXUEYzbUprQWs

Video of behavior here: 

 

 

  • 1. Fresh install of Kerbal Space Program 1.2.2.1622 running 64 bit exe on Windows 7 64 bit.
  • 2. Manually install FAR dev version.  Use CKAN 1.22.1-0-g174271a (beta) to install KJR 3.3.1, ModularFlightIntegrator 1.2.4.0, Module Manager 2.7.5, and RealChute Parachute Systems 1.4.2.0
  • 3. Construct the rocket here:
  •  LehkmJh.png
    • a. Add a Mk1 Command pod + Z-1k battery + Science Jr. + 1.25m Service Bay with 2 Mystery Goos inside as shown + 3x Mk1 Crew Cabin
    • b. At this point attach 2 RealChute Radial Chutes exactly centered with the COG.  Open the real chute interface via the right parachute.  Select Kevlar, change touchdown speed to 5, and parachutes used to 2.  Click apply to all symmetry counterparts 3 times.
    • c. Add a TR-18A Stack Decoupler + Rockomax Adapter + 4x Rockomax X200-32 Fuel Tanks + 4x Tail Fins + 2x Launch Clamps
  • 4. Launch.
    • a. Throttle Up to Full
    • b. Activate Stage 2
    • c. Immediately, without rolling, nose over to heading 270 and 85 degrees pitch.
    • d. At 1000 meters, cut throttle to zero via hotkey, and activate stage 1.
    • e. When verticle speed crosses into the negative activate stage 0 parachutes.
    • f. At 700 feet the parachutes will start to spread out.  The parachutes should freak out and the craft will disintegrate.

Edit: The behavior doesn't happen when FAR/ModuleFlightIntegrator is excluded and KJR is kept.  It doesn't happen when KJR is excluded but FAR is kept.

Edit 2: The behavior also doesn't happen when I move the 2 mystery goo outside the service bay.  I guess that's the issue.

Edit 3: Behavior can be solved by using the vanilla advanced tweakable "Rigid Attachment: On" for the Mystery Goo.

Edited by Jikahn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Jikahn said:

I've found a bug with the latest version of RealChute/Latest dev version of FAR (Released approx 20 hours ago)/Kerbal Joint Reinforcement 3.3.1.

Edit: The behavior doesn't happen when FAR/ModuleFlightIntegrator is excluded and KJR is kept.  It doesn't happen when KJR is excluded but FAR is kept.

Edit 2: The behavior also doesn't happen when I move the 2 mystery goo outside the service bay.  I guess that's the issue.

Edit 3: Behavior can be solved by using the vanilla advanced tweakable "Rigid Attachment: On" for the Mystery Goo.

I'm not going to feel comfortable troubleshooting this until KJR has had an official (non-dev) update. Last update was five months ago for KSP 1.2. 

Sorry :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The same happened with my EVE space plane. It is designed to land with parachutes (so no need to complicated landing procedures), but, when i open the parachutes.... the same issue happens :(.

Just tested without KJR: The bug still happens.
Tomorrow i'll try without FAR.

Edited by Freds

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.