[1.12.X] RealChute Parachute Systems v1.4.8.3 | 24/01/21

stupid_chris

Duplicated? Is it possible that you maybe made something wrong during installation?

It's possible, but I went back and followed the instructions exactly to install the base realchute and the modulemanager files. I get a duplicate 'unresearched' entry for every item, if I go to the R&D lab and research these they get added to the save, but then I get another list of unresearched items. Everything appears to function, but I get piles of greyed out items.

It's possible, but I went back and followed the instructions exactly to install the base realchute and the modulemanager files. I get a duplicate 'unresearched' entry for every item, if I go to the R&D lab and research these they get added to the save, but then I get another list of unresearched items. Everything appears to function, but I get piles of greyed out items.

Hm, do you have ModuleManager cfg files in the respective mod folders in extra of the ones in the RealChutie folder? This could explain it. But I'll be taking a look, thanks for the hint.

Hm, do you have ModuleManager cfg files in the respective mod folders in extra of the ones in the RealChutie folder? This could explain it. But I'll be taking a look, thanks for the hint.

Definitely sounds like dupes, but once that is resolved, any save files once affected will always exhibit that behavior for that item. The save file requires editing even after the original cause is corrected. The research entries for that item all need removing from the save file. On my iPhone not in front of computer and I don't remember what it looks like exactly.

Oh it does resist to deployment. But there could be issues after. That's the problem, and it won't be resolved, because that is the very nature of physical time warp: Cut down physics calculations and bork them to get a /close/ estimation. It's not in my control, time warp makes my plugin calculate things weird.

Also folks, I have a teaser for you guys!

http://i.imgur.com/wQz2vD3.png

Cheers!

Wow. that looks nice!

I take back of what I said 2 month ago :S

How I need to set a parachute to not autocut when the part touch ground?

Becouse I have a long fuel tank dropped, and when it touch ground "in stand position" the parachute dissapear and then fall into horizontal position and explote.

In the readme it said: "cutAlt: altitude at which the parachute will automatically cut (set this to -1 if you don't want an autocut at a certain altitude)"

I set this to -50 with the blue parachute (I cant set it to -1, is -50 or 500) but still cuts the parachute when touch the ground. Someone has the same issue? Or what I am doing something wrong?

Edited by AngelLestat

Wow. that looks nice!

I take back of what I said 2 month ago :S

How I need to set a parachute to not autocut when the part touch ground?

Becouse I have a long fuel tank dropped, and when it touch ground "in stand position" the parachute dissapear and then fall into horizontal position and explote.

In the readme it said: "cutAlt: altitude at which the parachute will automatically cut (set this to -1 if you don't want an autocut at a certain altitude)"

I set this to -50 with the blue parachute (I cant set it to -1, is -50 or 500) but still cuts the parachute when touch the ground. Someone has the same issue? Or what I am doing something wrong?

Set parachute autocut speed lower. Basically, the parachute will automatically cut when the part is on the ground and going slower than this speed. So setting it to 0.1 for example would perhaps prevent it to cut on first contact. But I can't guarantee it though.

is there a way to delay the autocut? it becomes a real problem when landing tall craft that descend vertically, and don't have legs (or insufficient spread), or splash down. the chutes cut at the moment the vertical velocity is zero, and I often have problems with some of my longer craft, where, on splashdown (or touchdown, for that matter), the chutes cut while the craft is still vertical, so the craft then fall over, usually causing massive damage.

why descend vertically? it's far, far easier to set up the chutes to descend vertically (VAB symmetry), as opposed to descending sideways...

EDIT: well, i see someone else had the same problem... but, of course, i didn't bother reading more than the FAQ before posting

EDIT AGAIN:

chris, you can't set it lower than .5, i tried just a few minutes ago, trying to resolve the same problem....

Edited by Commissar

A question, I looked in the FAQ and I couldn't find it in the posts themselves, though Im sure someone must have asked already, does this change the values for the default parachutes as well, or do they retain the stock parachute values?

The mod doesn't make any changes to any parachutes unless you install the included ModManager files into their directory. So the stock parachutes would retain their values AND BEHAVIOR unless you copied the "Stock" folder, and the ModManager DLL, from the "ModManager Files" directory provided into the game's GameData folder. If you do that, then the stock parachutes would behave like RealChute.

That's not the case here, the zombie parts are all the realchute items.

is there a way to delay the autocut? it becomes a real problem when landing tall craft that descend vertically, and don't have legs (or insufficient spread), or splash down. the chutes cut at the moment the vertical velocity is zero, and I often have problems with some of my longer craft, where, on splashdown (or touchdown, for that matter), the chutes cut while the craft is still vertical, so the craft then fall over, usually causing massive damage.

why descend vertically? it's far, far easier to set up the chutes to descend vertically (VAB symmetry), as opposed to descending sideways...

EDIT: well, i see someone else had the same problem... but, of course, i didn't bother reading more than the FAQ before posting

EDIT AGAIN:

chris, you can't set it lower than .5, i tried just a few minutes ago, trying to resolve the same problem....

Open up the part config files and change it.

A question, I looked in the FAQ and I couldn't find it in the posts themselves, though Im sure someone must have asked already, does this change the values for the default parachutes as well, or do they retain the stock parachute values?

as rdfox said, use the ModuleManager files

That's not the case here, the zombie parts are all the realchute items.

Yes precisely, the old installation before 0.3.3 would have the RealChute ModuleManager files in the respective folders for the mods. This was changed in 0.3.3 and up, and they are now in the RealChute folder. Just a quick peak to those folder would show the files, they weren't buried far.

Anyone? Still having trouble with repacking

Ah sorry, missed your post in the cacophony. Mind you to try that again and send an output_log.txt my way?

But repacking is set under strict conditions: the parachute must have been deployed and cut in the past, be it through manual cut or ground contact cut, and the part can only be repacked if landed or in space.

Ah sorry, missed your post in the cacophony. Mind you to try that again and send an output_log.txt my way?

But repacking is set under strict conditions: the parachute must have been deployed and cut in the past, be it through manual cut or ground contact cut, and the part can only be repacked if landed or in space.

output_log.txt (got the one from Kerbal Space Program\KSP_Data, I hope it's the correct one)

Yes, I'm sure it was ground cut, with so many parachutes you just can't miss the cut sound

Edited by Cheese Wheel

output_log.txt (got the one from Kerbal Space Program\KSP_Data, I hope it's the correct one)

Yes, I'm sure it was ground cut, with so many parachutes you just can't miss the cut sound

Well ChampagneBottle sure loves to spam the log. That log only shows construction though. Mind repplicating the incident and sending the following log? (preferrably without cb so that I don't have to search the log with glasses :P )

love the stack main chutes... I don't even bother with drogues when I use them... i just stagger the deployments...

any possibility of having 2.5m stack and cones? perhaps with even 3 or 4 chutes? gets annoying having to align radial mounts correctly for larger craft, or have to use adapters.

Well ChampagneBottle sure loves to spam the log. That log only shows construction though. Mind repplicating the incident and sending the following log? (preferrably without cb so that I don't have to search the log with glasses :P )

Redid it (without CB), but now it seems to work without any issues :huh: Tried again after readding Champagne Bottle, again worked. Only difference between the tests I just did and the issue I had is that the tests were done via Kerbin landing and the issues themselves happened on Duna (both on the ship in the screenshot and on a refueler I sent for it). I'll probably be sending another flight to Duna sometime soon, if it happens there again, I'll send the output log

Edited by Cheese Wheel

love the stack main chutes... I don't even bother with drogues when I use them... i just stagger the deployments...

any possibility of having 2.5m stack and cones? perhaps with even 3 or 4 chutes? gets annoying having to align radial mounts correctly for larger craft, or have to use adapters.

It's on it's way :)

Redid it (without CB), but now it seems to work without any issues :huh: Tried again after readding Champagne Bottle, again worked. Only difference between the tests I just did and the issue I had is that the tests were done via Kerbin landing and the issues themselves happened on Duna (both on the ship in the screenshot and on a refueler I sent for it). I'll probably be sending another flight to Duna sometime soon, if it happens there again, I'll send the output log

Thanks!

Hey stupid_chris, I just wanted to say thanks - I've been playing around with RealChute, and it's quite nice. I especially like the wealth of configuration options - chute diameter and pre-deployment altitude settings are extremely helpful.

Kudos!

Just one question though - when I stage the chutes, they sometimes don't arm.. Is there some condition or setting I'm overlooking? (They can still be armed with a right click, just not staging)

Hey stupid_chris, I just wanted to say thanks - I've been playing around with RealChute, and it's quite nice. I especially like the wealth of configuration options - chute diameter and pre-deployment altitude settings are extremely helpful.

Kudos!

Just one question though - when I stage the chutes, they sometimes don't arm.. Is there some condition or setting I'm overlooking? (They can still be armed with a right click, just not staging)

known problem. i know that the stack combo chutes arm properly, but I don't think the stack mains do... no idea why... and as for the radials, well, i'll get back to you in a bit...

anyways, you can still use action groups. a good one is probably the abort, for those craft that don't use an abort system, anyways (which is most of my craft, only experimental craft use abort systems).

edit: stack mains confirmed to not work with staging. radial drogue to be tested next.

edit after test of radial drouge: the radial drogue works with staging, perhaps it's just main chutes without drogues that have problems?

Edited by Commissar

Kudos!

known problem. i know that the stack combo chutes arm properly, but I don't think the stack mains do... no idea why... and as for the radials, well, i'll get back to you in a bit...

anyways, you can still use action groups. a good one is probably the abort, for those craft that don't use an abort system, anyways (which is most of my craft, only experimental craft use abort systems).

edit: stack mains confirmed to not work with staging. radial drogue to be tested next.

You guys do know that parachutes cannot be armed when staging, right?

Can I ask a dumb question, and I'm extremely sorry if this has already been answered. But when I use the blue parachute (Realchute Main Chute), it doesn't do the full parachute expansion when I come down at higher altitudes. I don't do anything fancy, I'm just trying to use it like the games default parachute. Thanks! :)

<edit>

Actually it just happened again over water. Sometimes the parachute fully deploys to slow me down to a proper soft landing, and other times it stays in drogue form. Does this have to do with FAR?

Edited by jpinard

Can I ask a dumb question, and I'm extremely sorry if this has already been answered. But when I use the blue parachute (Realchute Main Chute), it doesn't do the full parachute expansion when I come down at higher altitudes. I don't do anything fancy, I'm just trying to use it like the games default parachute. Thanks! :)

<edit>

Actually it just happened again over water. Sometimes the parachute fully deploys to slow me down to a proper soft landing, and other times it stays in drogue form. Does this have to do with FAR?

I'll need more info. Have you tweakaed, it, can I get an output_log.text, how have you deployed it, etc.