[1.12.X] RealChute Parachute Systems v1.4.8.3 | 24/01/21

stupid_chris

Yesterday I got a problem of being unable to land because game closes few seconds after chutes predeploy (in best case I reached deployment altitude and then it closed again). Vessel has about 10 parts or so, so it's not a problem.

This is what I get in log (starting from moment when suspicious messages appear, after which game closes:

PQSCache: Increased PQ Cache by 256 to 4864

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

PQSCache: Increased PQ Cache by 256 to 5120

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

DynamicHeapAllocator out of memory - Could not get memory for large allocationCould not allocate memory: System out of memory!
Trying to allocate: 2097164B with 4 alignment. MemoryLabel: TempOverflow
Allocation happend at: Line:102 in
Memory overview

[ ALLOC_DEFAULT ] used: 375578311B | peak: 0B | reserved: 401496776B

[ ALLOC_GFX ] used: 742705861B | peak: 0B | reserved: 834677944B

[ ALLOC_CACHEOBJECTS ] used: 66824B | peak: 0B | reserved: 12582912B

[ ALLOC_TYPETREE ] used: 7300B | peak: 0B | reserved: 4194304B

[ ALLOC_PROFILER ] used: 525132B | peak: 0B | reserved: 8388608B
Could not allocate memory: System out of memory!
Memory overview

(Filename: Line: 909)

Crash!!!
ERROR: Error while initializing dbghelp.dll, GetLastError: 'ÞÿõрðцøѠуÑÂÿõшýþ ÷ðòõршõýð.' (Address: 00000000)

========== OUTPUTING STACK TRACE ==================

ERROR: Error while initializing dbghelp.dll, GetLastError: 'ÞÿõрðцøѠуÑÂÿõшýþ ÷ðòõршõýð.' (Address: 00000000)

========== END OF STACKTRACE ===========

**** Crash! ****

Perhaps it has something to do with terrain textures or stuff, but strangely it started after last RC update and exactly when deploying chutes, that's why I'm suspicious.

P.S. Craft is using stack chute, maxed part size.

P.P.S. Was able to land finally after setting terrain textures to low and disabling shaders. Strange anyway, it never occured before.

Edited by Mystique

Yesterday I got a problem of being unable to land because game closes few seconds after chutes predeploy (in best case I reached deployment altitude and then it closed again). Vessel has about 10 parts or so, so it's not a problem.

This is what I get in log (starting from moment when suspicious messages appear, after which game closes:

PQSCache: Increased PQ Cache by 256 to 4864

PQSCache: Increased PQ Cache by 256 to 5120

DynamicHeapAllocator out of memory - Could not get memory for large allocationCould not allocate memory: System out of memory!
Memory overview

Could not allocate memory: System out of memory!
Memory overview

(Filename: Line: 909)

Crash!!!

========== OUTPUTING STACK TRACE ==================

========== END OF STACKTRACE ===========

**** Crash! ****

Perhaps it has something to do with terrain textures or stuff, but strangely it started after last RC update and exactly when deploying chutes, that's why I'm suspicious.

P.S. Craft is using stack chute, maxed part size.

P.P.S. Was able to land finally after setting terrain textures to low and disabling shaders. Strange anyway, it never occured before.

You're running out of memory, which isn't really a particular mod's fault. It happened to be chute deployment (or just more terrain showing up at higher detail about the time you passed through your deployment altitude) that created a spike in demand and pushed you over the edge, but if you're that close to the edge there are plenty of other things that could push you over equally well.

You're running out of memory, which isn't really a particular mod's fault. It happened to be chute deployment (or just more terrain showing up at higher detail about the time you passed through your deployment altitude) that created a spike in demand and pushed you over the edge, but if you're that close to the edge there are plenty of other things that could push you over equally well.

I also thought so. Strange anyway, usually game takes 2.5-3 Gb of memory, as far as I can see in task manager. And it's not the first time it started to crash during final stage of landing, though it's first time when it was so persistent.

I also thought so. Strange anyway, usually game takes 2.5-3 Gb of memory, as far as I can see in task manager. And it's not the first time it started to crash during final stage of landing, though it's first time when it was so persistent.

That is very dangerously close to the 32bit limit. And yeah, the terrain is causing the heap allocation errors, so it's definitely landing and the PQS system loading assets that borks it. Not RealChute.

I drop the RealChute master folder into my gamedata and when i start the game it doesn't load any parts, but if i try to use the stock chutes they won't work help please and thank you

ok I was putting the wrong folder in the game data, i got it to work now but im missing parts, I only get t large chutes two of them and one that you put on the sides, I check the tech tree and nothing there as well in sandbox

ok I was putting the wrong folder in the game data, i got it to work now but im missing parts, I only get t large chutes two of them and one that you put on the sides, I check the tech tree and nothing there as well in sandbox

It's because you can resize the parachutes to the appropriate size. If you go to the action group menu and select the parachute part a box will open where you can tweak different parameters to your liking.

It's because you can resize the parachutes to the appropriate size. If you go to the action group menu and select the parachute part a box will open where you can tweak different parameters to your liking.

Thanks you a lots! wow this mod is pretty kool

Hey guys, just a small situation update here.

I just has some major problem with my laptop, and turns out my screen is done for. Given my laptop is my main workstation and I need it pretty bad, I had to get it repaired. Turns out that didnt fit into my guarantee, so I was stuck spewing out 400$ to get it done. Now you can guess how awesome my day was.

That being said, the reparations will take some time between a week and three weeks. That means no updates if 0.25 ever comes out in this period. Sorry guys, but theres nothing I can do. I'll go ahead and work much more than I should given I'm also full time at school to get this bill through.

Thank you all for your comprehension.

Chris.

Ouch, $400 is almost the cost of a whole (admittedly basic) laptop here, must be a beast of a thing to make a $400 repair worth it

Are you currently not in the position of being able to afford the necessary repairs?

Given my laptop is in the range of 1000$, the 400$ was worth it. Completely changing the screen + labor + taxes gave a round ~402$, so yeah it's already paid. I need it back ASAP for school. It passed on the credit card, gives me a while to pay it by working extra shifts until the end of the month

Is there a cfg file for Real Chutes to use with CLS? I guess it would just be the stack chute, but right now it isn't passable.
That's been answered several times. There's not supposed to be any room for Kerbals to pass through because of all the chute assembly and stuff...

As the chap that made the official RealChute models for stupid_chris, I definitely agree that the stack chutes shouldn't be traversable. You're looking at a compartment filled to the brim with explosives and large bags of tightly folded and compressed fabric plus cabling, and the rest of the space is for structural support of the chute compartment itself.

If you're looking to use a parachute near a docking port, consider my SDHI Service Module pack, which includes two docking ports with parachutes for LKO-to-Kerbin landings.

Guys, I just wanted to write you guys a very big thank you.

Sometimes there are lows in here, and sometimes there are highs. Well this past week you guys have literally surpassed yourselves.

I've received more donations than I could even fathom I would ever get in the past weeks. Seeing all you guys just being supportive out of the blue like this, totally unsollicited is just plain old awesome. I hadn't asked for this, and as far as I know I'm just another stranger on the web for 99% of you, and I could totally have pulled that out of my hat (though that would make me a big bad jerk). I owe all of you so much. Thank you times a billion. This means the world to me.

Have a nice weekend, and thanks again for your support.

Chris.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.