[1.12.X] RealChute Parachute Systems v1.4.8.3 | 24/01/21

stupid_chris

I seem to be having a strange problem with RC.

the camera will constantly stop following the craft (or at least lag behind and move slower than the craft is) and I will be unable to center the camera on the craft I'm flying. similar to when the centre of mass bug would randomly shift. This shift would keep occouring every few seconds. I'm 100% sure its RC because I removed all other mods and the bug still happend. I removed RC and then it all works. I have already updated to the newest version of both KSP and RC. Is this issue known?

I am running KSP 64 on windows 7 64

edit: looking into this further, it most certainly is a center of mass issue. I can spin the craft around an imaginary CoM and exert massive gforces. what#s going on?

I have encoutered this bug again. I am using version 1.3.2.3 of the mod, installed using CKAN. and KSP version 1.0.2.

How was it fixed before? It only happens in certain configurations.

I want to make sure I am configuring things correctly.

Is there a user manual for this? Feel free to point me toward a source of information if possible.

When I do the configuration it only counts for that symmetry group right?

Does the automatic calculation take into account the effect of other parachutes outside of the symmetry group I am currently looking at?

If I get the red warning box does it just mean that the chutes in that symmetry group are not enough or that I do not have enough total chutes on the vessel?

When I look at the options to input ship mass there is a spot to set the number of chutes, is this talking about the 5 spare chutes in the item info? Does it deploy them all at the same time if I set this number to 5?

Possible minor bug: I noticed that the case cost for a small chute is higher than for a large chute, this seems backwards.

I want to make sure I am configuring things correctly.

1. Is there a user manual for this? Feel free to point me toward a source of information if possible.

2. When I do the configuration it only counts for that symmetry group right?

3. Does the automatic calculation take into account the effect of other parachutes outside of the symmetry group I am currently looking at?

4. If I get the red warning box does it just mean that the chutes in that symmetry group are not enough or that I do not have enough total chutes on the vessel?

5. When I look at the options to input ship mass there is a spot to set the number of chutes, is this talking about the 5 spare chutes in the item info? Does it deploy them all at the same time if I set this number to 5?

Possible minor bug: I noticed that the case cost for a small chute is higher than for a large chute, this seems backwards.

1. I'm not sure.

2. It only counts for that chute unless you hit "Apply to all symmetry counterparts"

3. No. It counts however many you tell it to count. See 5.

4. It means the case size of the chute is too small for the amount of chute you are trying to put inside it.

5. No. The spare chutes are from the "spare chutes" one much further up. The number of chutes item "parachutes used" is telling it how many chutes it should think are deployed for the calculation. So if you have a symmetry group of 2 and one of 3 and you are using both, then you need to say 5. You need to do that for a chute , hit "apply settings" and a"pply to all symmetry counterparts", and do that for both symmetry groups.

1. I'm not sure.

2. It only counts for that chute unless you hit "Apply to all symmetry counterparts"

3. No. It counts however many you tell it to count. See 5.

4. It means the case size of the chute is too small for the amount of chute you are trying to put inside it.

5. No. The spare chutes are from the "spare chutes" one much further up. The number of chutes item "parachutes used" is telling it how many chutes it should think are deployed for the calculation. So if you have a symmetry group of 2 and one of 3 and you are using both, then you need to say 5. You need to do that for a chute , hit "apply settings" and a"pply to all symmetry counterparts", and do that for both symmetry groups.

Awesome, thanks futrtubl, you post a lot and that is probably the most informative thing I have seen you post (a legit compliment, not being sarcastic).

Sorry if this has been asked/answered. But:

- I have no menu for settings in this mod

- I have to press spacebar twice to engage my parachutes

- It says that "there is no parachute attached to this vessel" in the checklist

Sorry if this has been asked/answered. But:

- I have no menu for settings in this mod

- I have to press spacebar twice to engage my parachutes

- It says that "there is no parachute attached to this vessel" in the checklist

If you mean the actual settings, they are accessed via the icon on the Space Center page. If you mean settings for your chutes, it depends on whether you are in career mode and whether you have unlocked action groups, as they are accessed either by right clicking the chutes, or by going into the action group settings for the chutes. This has been discussed many many many times.

If you have to press spacebar twice, check your settings to see if you have them set to automatically arm. I prefer to have them auto-arm, that way I arm them via staging and then let them deploy as set.

The message you refer to is a bug. stupid_chris has already noted it.

I realize this is a long thread, but all of your questions have been answered by much more knowledgeable persons than myself, and multiple times to boot. At least reading the first page and the last few would probably save you the time of posting and asking questions that are already answered.

If you mean the actual settings, they are accessed via the icon on the Space Center page. If you mean settings for your chutes, it depends on whether you are in career mode and whether you have unlocked action groups, as they are accessed either by right clicking the chutes, or by going into the action group settings for the chutes. This has been discussed many many many times.

If you have to press spacebar twice, check your settings to see if you have them set to automatically arm. I prefer to have them auto-arm, that way I arm them via staging and then let them deploy as set.

The message you refer to is a bug. stupid_chris has already noted it.

I realize this is a long thread, but all of your questions have been answered by much more knowledgeable persons than myself, and multiple times to boot. At least reading the first page and the last few would probably save you the time of posting and asking questions that are already answered.

The button for Realchute on the spacecenter page has gone missing for me. Its also not in the toolbar mod. The cutes work fine, although I cannot change size anymore through right clicking but via the action group menu for realchute.

The button for Realchute on the spacecenter page has gone missing for me. Its also not in the toolbar mod. The cutes work fine, although I cannot change size anymore through right clicking but via the action group menu for realchute.

Don't know about the button going missing but the changing size thing is how it is supposed to behave once you unlock action groups.

Don't know about the button going missing but the changing size thing is how it is supposed to behave once you unlock action groups.

Ah, thanks for the info, I didn't know that. Still, the button appears sporadically, but I haven't found out which conditions, intended or unintended, need to be fulfilled for it to appear.

I have encoutered this bug again. I am using version 1.3.2.3 of the mod, installed using CKAN. and KSP version 1.0.2.

How was it fixed before? It only happens in certain configurations.

I'm having this issue too. I've been trying to narrow it down for 2 days now (since I have like 100+ mods) and finally found the problem with the MK16 parachute I was using. Not sure what's happening :(

The icon in the space center disappeared for me too. I deleted the 4 modulemanager cache files and the active texture management cache after updating some mods, and it came back. Go figure.

My chutes weren't opening AT ALL. Figured out that it was a combo of the auto arm setting (why isn't this enabled by default?) and Mechjeb autostaging. The latter must be a bug because in manual mode a single space bar now opens chutes, but autostaging still doesn't open them.

Any chance you will remove the Windows x64 bit restriction. It is very stable on 1.0x so far. Even more stable than x32 when loaded with mods.

You do realise that they removed the windows x64 bit version, right? You're using the x32 but version. Only Linux users can use x64.

You do realise that they removed the windows x64 bit version, right? You're using the x32 but version. Only Linux users can use x64.

There is an unofficial 64bit community thing going around. Not something I would think any addon maker would want to have to support.

Any chance you will remove the Windows x64 bit restriction. It is very stable on 1.0x so far. Even more stable than x32 when loaded with mods.

Not again... stop now.

If there is a 64bit windows build at the moment, it's an unsupported community hack and you sure won't get support here.

I am one of the many now happy 64 bit PC users. I no longer have to pick and choose between mods to keep under the 3gb limit. I am real sad that this doesn't work on 64 bit as it was one of my favorite mods and its the only one that I've had to abandon. I tried taking the source and building it as a 64 bit DLL to no avail.

I am one of the many now happy 64 bit PC users. I no longer have to pick and choose between mods to keep under the 3gb limit. I am real sad that this doesn't work on 64 bit as it was one of my favorite mods and its the only one that I've had to abandon. I tried taking the source and building it as a 64 bit DLL to no avail.

You don't have to bother. It's not the windows build but the KSP build that is checked. KSP for windows is now exclusively distributed as a 32 bit program and all mods will work regardless of your windows version. If you are on linux using the 64 bit KSP version, no mods were ever locked out there so there is still no issue.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/117224-Windows-64-bit-community-workaround

- - - Updated - - -

Not again... stop now.

If there is a 64bit windows build at the moment, it's an unsupported community hack and you sure won't get support here.

Not asking for support.

If you mean settings for your chutes, it depends on whether you are in career mode and whether you have unlocked action groups, as they are accessed either by right clicking the chutes, or by going into the action group settings for the chutes.

The setting of 30km for predeployment causes my chutes on spent stages to burn up if I'm too high in the atmosphere/too fast. I use both FMRS and Deadly Re-entry, and by reducing the minimum altitude (in the .cfg), I'm now able to save my spent stages before I unlock action groups, and don't need to change this setting by hand every time after unlocking them. However, it would be handy to be able to do it in-game rather than through editing the .cfgs (for before I get the action groups unlocked in Career).

So, is it intentional that we can't modify the settings until the action groups are unlocked, or did it just happen that since that was the method of editing before the KSC upgrade system was in place, you just went with it? If it's not a design decision, is there a way that we could edit the defaults for chutes in-game, or would that be too complicated?

Edited by Drake1500

So, is it intentional that we can't modify the settings until the action groups are unlocked, or did it just happen that since that was the method of editing before the KSC upgrade system was in place, you just went with it?

Both.

stupid_chris

Are the chutes still vulnerable to heat or speeds? Deployed at speed >1500 m/s while in "flames of reentry" at about 20km and the chute was fine until I hit the ground.

(Using FAR and DRE)

I know this may not be up to stupid_chris, but has anyone had any luck getting around the issue of parachutes refusing to deploy under/next to/in close proximity/not-so-close proximity to fairings?

I've been looking through issues with Sumghai's SDHI service module escape option system (the parachutes rely on RealChute), and the parachutes flat-out refuse to deploy after they're uncovered (even if I stick a separator in between the parachute-docking port and the fairing itself). That breaks the escape option, naturally, and possibly the ability to actually use the default reentry parachutes (since they're on the same), so no bringing a crew back as such. Has anyone been able to get around the error?

Edited by Synthesis

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.