[1.12.X] RealChute Parachute Systems v1.4.8.3 | 24/01/21

stupid_chris

16 hours ago, Brigadier said:

So what does this patch do exactly? My MM knowledge is effectively zero but I think it finds all parts with the first three keywords and with RC installed, and assigns them to the Utility category. 

Close enough?

Yep.  RealChute moves parachutes into the "none" category, and then adds them to its custom parachute category.  KSP 1.3.1 changed a name that RealChute needs for that to work.  The patch could possibly be made more generic by searching for the RC part modules instead of particular part names, so it would pick up parts from other mods:

@PART[*]:NEEDS[RealChute]:HAS[@MODULE[RealChuteModule]]:FINAL
{
    %category = Utility
}

(that's untested, so it may not work)

6 hours ago, Brigadier said:

Many thanks, @MOARdV.  I've looked (albeit briefly) for a MM primer on GitHub and I believe this is the place to start.  Any better place or advice?  I suppose there's a thread on MM syntax somewhere, too.

Most of my learning has been from looking at a couple of posts in the MM thread, and looking at what other people have done.  Although that link to GitHub is a good resource that I probably should have looked at sooner. :)

On 10/21/2017 at 4:57 PM, MOARdV said:

Yep.  RealChute moves parachutes into the "none" category, and then adds them to its custom parachute category.  KSP 1.3.1 changed a name that RealChute needs for that to work.  The patch could possibly be made more generic by searching for the RC part modules instead of particular part names, so it would pick up parts from other mods:

{
    %category = Utility
}

(that's untested, so it may not work)

I got same problem, so what file i need to edit to fix it?

2 hours ago, Argonicus said:

I got same problem, so what file i need to edit to fix it?

You don't.  AFAIK, you put this code in a .cfg file of your own creation and place that file in the GameData directory, ideally in a folder you create to keep track of your personal config files.

If you are using the Community Category Kit mod this patch will put the parachutes category back into the game.

@CCKExtraFilterConfig
{
      Item
      {
            name = Parachutes
            tag = cck-chutes
            normalIcon = Squad/PartList/SimpleIcons/R&D_node_icon_survivability
            usedByMod = RealChute
      }
}

{
      %tags = cck-chutes
}

On 10/23/2017 at 1:48 AM, Argonicus said:

I edit CFG file in real chute folder an seems work now, but i will look. By the way is the possible make new subcategory for chutes?

A drawback to putting your .cfg file in the Real Chutes folder or modifying one of the mod's own config files is that it will get overwritten if you reinstall or update the mod.  If you put it in a custom directory with all of your personal MM configs, you can manage them better, they won't get overwritten by installs, they still all run, and you can't confuse them with a mod's own config changes.

If people are still having issues with missing stock or mod parachutes and the module manager fix is not working, go to the realchute folder. Open every config file in the parts and module manager folders. Use you text editors replace function and replace every instance of "category  = none" to "category = Utility"

This version of the MM patch will create a category for stock and/or RealChutes chutes. It requires the Community Category Kit mod by RoverDude to work. 

@CCKExtraFilterConfig:NEEDS[CCK]
{
Item
      {
      name = Parachutes
      tag = cck-chutes
      normalIcon = Squad/PartList/SimpleIcons/R&D_node_icon_survivability
      }
}
@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[RealChuteModule]]:NEEDS[RealChute,CCK]:FINAL
{
      @category = none
      @tags = #$tags$ cck-chutes
      &tags = cck-chutes
}
@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleParachute],!MODULE[ModuleCommand]]:NEEDS[CCK]:FINAL
{
      @category = none
      @tags = #$tags$ cck-chutes
      &tags = cck-chutes
}

Edited by Jonney5

3 hours ago, Grabek said:

Where should I put this patch?

Using notepad or similar, copy the patch from your browser into notepad, then save it as a .cfg file somewhere in GameData.

It is best to create a special folder within gamedata for all your .cfg patches; you can call it cfg-patches or whatever. That way, you can find them easily, but they won't be deleted if you update the relevant mods - which would happen if you put them inside the mod folders. (Don't worry, KSP can find them wherever you put them.)

I couldn't get that patch to work :(

I've placed it in GameData/CustomConfigs/RealChute.cfg

Does that seem like it should work? Or is there some funiness with names and the order in which configs load with MM or something?

EDIT: Disregard, I'm a windows noob and my file was hiding it's .txt extension. Changed to .cfg and all good now :P

Edited by darvo110

If you found out your file had a hidden .txt extension, you are definitely not a Windows noob(-: You have no idea how many people send .docx_ .doc.docx ._pfd files in email attachments in their job just because their computer recognises the file extension/suffix so they don't see any issue at all.

11 hours ago, JEB'S DESTINY said:

could you make it compatible to 1.3.1 please?

If you use the MM patch discussed in the 5 or 6 posts above yours then it is already compatible. I suggest you do that: Stupid_Chris hasn't been around much lately, and that can be a sign that somebody has Real Life commitments that make modding difficult.

Good luck, have fun!

8 hours ago, JEB'S DESTINY said:

how do you use the MM?

Sorry, I wasn't as helpful as I could have been.

First, you need to make sure you have Module Manager installed. You may well already have it, it is packaged with a lot of other modules. If you don have it, you can download it Here.

Using notepad or similar, paste the following into a document:

{
    %category = Utility
}

Save that document in the KSP/GameData as RealchutesTweak.cfg Make sure you replace .txt in the save dialog with .cfg!

If that goes OK, you will have working 'chutes.

Have fun!