[1.12.X] RealChute Parachute Systems v1.4.8.3 | 24/01/21

stupid_chris

Welcome to the forums @JEB'S DESTINY, I'd like to help, but I'm having a hard time following what is not working.

if the following does not help, please restate your issue in a single post, or head over to the Modded Tech Support Forum for more general help. 

You need these installed in your GameData folder:

-Realchute

-ModuleManager2.8.1

-realchutetweak.cfg (the MM patch described by @softweir)

Hello! In my version of modded KSP, all parachutes are missing in the utility subfilter and can't be found by searching for their name, but they can be found in all other filters. Why is this and how can I/you fix it? I'm currently using subassembly to keep them all in a folder, but it's a bit annoying.

Also, does the parachute's material's drag coefficient determine how fast it slows you down? 

Thanks! Have a pie on me :)

Edited by Pablowako
Typo

6 hours ago, Pablowako said:

Hello! In my version of modded KSP, all parachutes are missing in the utility subfilter and can't be found by searching for their name, but they can be found in all other filters. Why is this and how can I/you fix it? I'm currently using subassembly to keep them all in a folder, but it's a bit annoying.

Check back a couple of pages in this thread.  This problem is resolved with a short MM patch.

11 minutes ago, stupid_chris said:

Sorry guys. I'm currently working 40h/wk to make both ends meet on top of a full time 5 course uni schedule. I'll push an update when I get the time, probably this week or the next one.

Thanks for your patience everyone

Ye gawd. I've done that sort of schedule before. You don't have time to deal with this. Just take your time. People are free to assist of course. But life comes before modding.

On 14.11.2017 at 6:27 PM, Pablowako said:

Also, does the parachute's material's drag coefficient determine how fast it slows you down? 

Thanks! Have a pie on me :)

There is a new "parachutes" category for parts now, so they dont appear under utilities. Also note that I found at least 1 part (from some mod...) that is found in Rovers category I think. I am using ~85 addons so that category might not be vanilla... I cant even tell anymore...

A question of my own: StageRecovery tells me that if I tweak-scale (upsize) a parachute, then it only adss mass, it does not increase drag in any way. I havent tested it empirically but is that true?

Edited by agrock

On 21/11/2017 at 8:50 AM, stupid_chris said:

Sorry guys. I'm currently working 40h/wk to make both ends meet on top of a full time 5 course uni schedule. I'll push an update when I get the time, probably this week or the next one.

Thanks for your patience everyone

Thank You for your great work. Good things are worth waiting for :wink: and there's absolutely no need to apologise.
In the meantime I'm using self recompiled version.

@agrocktweakscale is not changing parachute parameters, to do it :

1 switch editor to actions mode

2 left click on parachute, RealChute menu will appear

3 tweak it's parameters, including package size.

Edited by ZAJC3W

Update 1.4.5 for KSP 1.3.1 has been released!

Changelog:

November 30th 2017
v1.4.5
-Compatibility for KSP 1.3.1
-Fixed issue with editor window
-Implemented increments for in flight window sliders
-Solution-wise code cleanup/optimizations

Sorry for the delay again! Enjoy folks!

On 12/1/2017 at 3:42 AM, Gunslinger1 said:

I'm a huge fan of this mod, as I'm sure we all are, but I wish this had a more integrated stack parachute. Like that on the nose of Orion or Apollo. Are there any plans for such a part in the future of RealChute?

Look at @sumghai stuff, he's got what you need :)

Why does this say it's compatible with version 1.3.1 when it's bugged with MM where I have to deploy my own patch?

EDIT: Nevermind. I installed like 1 hour ago and just seen there was an update to this mod in CKAN. what?

Edited by DrPastah

7 minutes ago, DrPastah said:

Why does this say it's compatible with version 1.3.1 when it's bugged with MM where I have to deploy my own patch?

Because compatibility has nothing whatsoever to do with whether or not a bug exists in the release. Instead of smartassery maybe you should report the bug and then let stupid_chris decide whether or not it actually IS a bug that you found.

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/27/2017 at 4:26 AM, TiktaalikDreaming said:

There is a configurable spread angle.  Which, while arguably not as good as the new stock auto-spreading, was there quite a bit earlier.  If you'd like to implement the stock spread in the code for real chutes, I'm sure a pull request will be considered.

How do you do that exactly?   I cant figure out a way to change radial chute spread angles.

1 hour ago, eberkain said:

How do you do that exactly?   I cant figure out a way to change radial chute spread angles.

Not all chute parts do it. There's only one that I know of that does it. It's the one that is stack mounted and has two chutes in it and has an attach node on top.