[1.12.X] RealChute Parachute Systems v1.4.8.3 | 24/01/21

stupid_chris

4 hours ago, FireFaced said:

"No longer purveys the Nyan"? Does that mean it no longer hates x64, or no longer works with it?

Win 64 lock is removed pending evaluation of stability. You'll find that to be the case with many of the mods that currently have restrictions on x64 KSP client as KSP 1.1 is evaluated. If you're using the prerelease version you'll see it comes with KSP 64 bit too.

1 minute ago, Starwaster said:

Win 64 lock is removed pending evaluation of stability. You'll find that to be the case with many of the mods that currently have restrictions on x64 KSP client as KSP 1.1 is evaluated. If you're using the prerelease version you'll see it comes with KSP 64 bit too.

Thank you for clarifying that, I am using the 1.1 prerelease x64, and RealChute works perfectly

Edited by FireFaced

5 hours ago, Pappystein said:

@stupid_chris Have loved Real Chutes since I found it WAY back in the day (.25???)  Wanted to thank you for the amazing mod that is Realchutes.

I have had an ongoing, minorly annoying issue when I use symmetrical chutes (I say issue because I am fully capable of accepting that it is likely ME that is the issue....)  Hope you can clarify/help on this.

When I set a custom deploy altitude and then click apply to all parts in symmetry, every change applies (Type of chute, size, material etc) EXCEPT the custom deployment profile.   I know what altitude my birds SHOULD be at for a safe chute deployment so I set the altitudes slightly below that.  You know, to avoid the ripping of your fab chutes.    Likewise if I make a COPY of an adjusted chute, everything but deployment data changes copies.

I have had this issue for a while ( I think I noticed it first in .90 )but it is the first time I have posted on it.  It has been on clean installs with just Real-Chutes and a couple of mod manager files to adjust the the capsules cfgs (and happens weather the capsules are loaded or not.)   Is this a "Design Feature" a "Bug" or "Pappystein is an idiot when it comes to Real Chutes?"  :)

Oh this is across 3 different Windows Computers and until the 1.1 test release, I stayed away from Winx64 at yours and a few other Mod creator's guidance.  Checking through all the various config files/Modmanager files I have tweaked, or downloaded (mods) I find no reference that SHOULD interfere with Realchute.

TIA

If you can provide me with a complete bug report using KSP 1.0.5, RealChute 1.3.2.7, ideally no other mods, I might have some time to look into it. I recall noticing some oddities too, but I don't have much time to investigate right now.

4 hours ago, FireFaced said:

"No longer purveys the Nyan"? Does that mean it no longer hates x64, or no longer works with it?

No. It means it no longer purveys the Nyan. Literally. x64 is still on the evaluation bench.

On 4/2/2016 at 2:42 PM, stupid_chris said:

April 2nd 2016
v1.4x3
*Prerelease*
-No longer purveys the Nyan. Leaving that to Sarbian.

xd78uzbtbfwm0myv60j9.jpg

bring back the nyan!

NsTrnzp.png

it's actually a great tension defuser after a fraught reentry.

2PRH7KO.png

perhaps you could add it as an option in the config dialog?

Okay so, slight poll here:

As it might be known, I recently bought a very powerful gaming laptop, and recently changed to unlimited internet, including upload. Basically, I now have the material and means to start streaming a bit. I'm guessing most of it would be some RealChute or other mod development, intertwined with some KSP or The Witcher 3 playing once in a while, and I wondered if anyone would actually want/watch this kind of stream. Throwing that one around here, because I'm fairly sure I'll set this up later to see how my laptop holds on with it, and if there's some interest, I might as well make this a regular thing.

So yeah, let me know :P

Alright so as promised, here's a little bit of streaming: https://www.twitch.tv/stupid_chris

Due to popular demand, I'm going to code back in this year's April Fools prank as a selectable option. So if anyone wants to watch me make this happen, you're welcome to watch :P Stream should start in just a few minutes.

So, I downloaded this on April 1st, not thinking, but did not actually use chutes until today (been working on my SSTO and base components). All I can say is I was surprised, bewildered, and that you are an evil man. An evil man who does great work on parachutes, but I was glad of the new, non-nyan version.

59 minutes ago, larkvi said:

So, I downloaded this on April 1st, not thinking, but did not actually use chutes until today (been working on my SSTO and base components). All I can say is I was surprised, bewildered, and that you are an evil man. An evil man who does great work on parachutes, but I was glad of the new, non-nyan version.

Embrace our grand master overlord.

32 minutes ago, gamerscircle said:

KSP Version Checker is claiming that I have the incorrect version?  I downloaded the one from the github site, so perhaps KSP AVC doesn't know about this version yet?

AVC is dumb. I didn't update the versions because I didn't want people notified about it. You might want to try to delete the .version in the RealChute folder

1209 did break it and here is the relevent log entry 

AssemblyLoader: Exception loading 'RealChute': System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (bool)
  at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at AssemblyLoader.LoadAssemblies () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Additional information about this exception:

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'RealChute.ProceduralChute' from assembly 'RealChute, Version=1.4.5936.4413, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'RealChute.RealChuteModule' from assembly 'RealChute, Version=1.4.5936.4413, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'RealChute.Libraries.Preset+<>c__DisplayClass38_0' from assembly 'RealChute, Version=1.4.5936.4413, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type '<>c__DisplayClass45_0' from assembly 'RealChute, Version=1.4.5936.4413, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type '<>c' from assembly 'RealChute, Version=1.4.5936.4413, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type '<>c__DisplayClass48_0' from assembly 'RealChute, Version=1.4.5936.4413, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type '<>c__DisplayClass50_0' from assembly 'RealChute, Version=1.4.5936.4413, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type '<>c__DisplayClass50_1' from assembly 'RealChute, Version=1.4.5936.4413, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type '<>c__DisplayClass50_2' from assembly 'RealChute, Version=1.4.5936.4413, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type '<>c__DisplayClass50_3' from assembly 'RealChute, Version=1.4.5936.4413, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type '<>c__DisplayClass50_4' from assembly 'RealChute, Version=1.4.5936.4413, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type '<>c__DisplayClass50_5' from assembly 'RealChute, Version=1.4.5936.4413, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type '<>c__DisplayClass51_0' from assembly 'RealChute, Version=1.4.5936.4413, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type '<>c__DisplayClass52_0' from assembly 'RealChute, Version=1.4.5936.4413, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type '<>c__DisplayClass61_0' from assembly 'RealChute, Version=1.4.5936.4413, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type '<>c' from assembly 'RealChute, Version=1.4.5936.4413, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type '<>c__DisplayClass100_0' from assembly 'RealChute, Version=1.4.5936.4413, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type '<>c__DisplayClass103_0' from assembly 'RealChute, Version=1.4.5936.4413, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

New version to patch the 1.1 prerelease madness

April 16th 2016
v1.4x4
*Prerelease*
-New NyanMode™
-Fixed plugin loading problems from IPartMassModifier and IPartCostModifier
-Added IPartSizeModifier support
-Refactored and cleaned the codebase through ReSharper

Github link to the prerelease version updated in the OP.

Cheers!

Also I don't think I've mentioned this yet, but I've been working on a not so secret mod revival project. Progress picture:

DmCuO2k.png

Disclaimer: Those parts are very (3yr+) old, and will be going, they're not visually on level for KSP 1.1. Someone is doing me some new parts :P

hi guys. I am playing realchute on rss and realism overhault (realistic progressin 0) and I encountered a couple of issueres with the ui. It seems to me that the mass of chutes is not computed correctly especially when using symmetry. the "apply to all parts with symmetry" (which I think should be Default) does not work, you have to click on every one and press aplly (and some Settings are not copied like material)

then I have the bug that sometimes when I click on it in then action Group menu I select the part as if i am in build mode. Also the mass (as displayed by the avionics warning and kerbal engineer) supposes that something is going wrong there

Why is it in the Action Groups in the first place? Other mods prefere a "Show UI" button. Because I was very unaware of that Feature at all until someone told me to go to the action menu. Can you put some kind of hint in either the richt-click menu or the info window?

thank you.

If I can do something for you I would be very happy

----

Edit: okay I checked very carefully that I apply the Settings on each cute chute. But later I found out that the mass of one of the chutes is messed up again rendering the probe uncontrollable.

Edited by nablabla
update

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.