Kerbal show video!. PS: i'm not dead...

rewdew2

Hey guys, it's been a while i know,

I was going to post a video for halloween, but it get delayed with stuff.

so... here you go.

Please, feel free to give me criticism, just be gentle... please?

Edited by rewdew2

Great work with the rig animating! Texturing could use some improvement but I'm Impressed by you animating skills!

PS : Thanks for the credit :)

Thanks, what part of it needed better texturing?

finally a new one! :3

Yeah, i've been really busy.

Nice video, good work!

I think the texture problem could just be due to your render settings. Watching the video at 360p and 720p looks the same to me.

For criticism I would just say to spend time on the transitions so they seem smoother. Background noise also helps, so the viewer isn't thinking step, step, step, step, step, while watching the video.

Again though, good work.

Nice! I am trying to get into 3d modeling and animation with Blender, but I can barely model, and I have no hope of texturing or animating yet. How long did it take you to learn the program you were using? I agree with Marcuzzi about the idea of adding some background noise.

Nice! I am trying to get into 3d modeling and animation with Blender, but I can barely model, and I have no hope of texturing or animating yet. How long did it take you to learn the program you were using? I agree with Marcuzzi about the idea of adding some background noise.

I've been using blender for about 3 years now, and it wasn't until recently that i started doing the animation portion of 3D.

How long did it take to make?

Well, it would have been done by halloween, but i got busy with other things.

the whole project would have taken about a week and a half, if i wasn't doing other things

Nice video, good work!

I think the texture problem could just be due to your render settings. Watching the video at 360p and 720p looks the same to me.

For criticism I would just say to spend time on the transitions so they seem smoother. Background noise also helps, so the viewer isn't thinking step, step, step, step, step, while watching the video.

Again though, good work.

I did add SOME ambient noise, i guess i should bring it's volume up.

as for the 360/720 things, that was an issues that blender was giving me, and i don't know how to fix it

I've been using blender for about 3 years now, and it wasn't until recently that i started doing the animation portion of 3D.

Thanks for telling me! Now I think I might actually learn before I am a hobbling old man! (If there are any "Old men" here, please do not be offended)

Pretty awesome. I could never grasp animating, and my modelling was novice at best. I got better, but don't do that much of it anymore. More interested in programming and learning CAD design. How long have you been doing this sorta stuff for? Also I think you should make a sort of mission control animation of some sorts, that would be fantastic.

Pretty awesome. I could never grasp animating, and my modelling was novice at best. I got better, but don't do that much of it anymore. More interested in programming and learning CAD design. How long have you been doing this sorta stuff for? Also I think you should make a sort of mission control animation of some sorts, that would be fantastic.

I've been doing this for 3(ish) years,(Man, lots of people asking that...) i don't quite remember exactly when, but it was about 3 years ago.

Yeah, I have a few of those planned out.

<snip>

I've been working with it for a while. So far, creating textures is my main problem.

Wow, that looks pretty darn good!

Texturing of the building but its good enough

You could use some time in composting to make it look better

Compositor? what's that.

Just kidding,

it's all basic textures applied to materials.

All i did was check the little "normal" box, so that the textures would also act as normal maps.

So, I recently had a KSP based dream

What would you guys think about some short animations, showing various parts of what city life would be like in KSP.

So... yeah...

I really would like some opinions on this, or maybe even what could be in the videos.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.