[WIP][TechTree @ 0.23.5] - [MS19e] - Realistic Progression LITE

MedievalNerd

Hey Aazard, apologies for non-presence in the RO thread last couple days; as you can tell by MN's post (and the stuff in RSS) I've been kinda swamped. I will get to it asap (although not until after RO v5 that's coming out tonight, that will be last RO with ECLSS; hopefully in another few days with your help v5.1 will switch to TAC), and if you hop on #kspmodders some time I can walk you through stuff.

no biggie Nathan, i'm trying to learn so reading others code and attempting to find out what they did is a good learning experince but it would be nice to have a small amount of help. Not to sound out of the loop, but what is "#kspmodders"? I hope not to take too much of your time with this, i have lots of the needed info, so it should be pretty easy

Uhh i would REALLY love to install all the essentials, but Novapunch, KW Rocketry, FASA and AIES are just too much for my RAM limit (Got only 2GBs of RAM, so for a normal 4+GBs user this doesn't matter, but not for me), and if i install only 1 it may even crash, so i'll play without them anyways

By Soviet Engines do you mean Bobcat's Soviet Engines Pack right? Or is it another soviet engines mod? Im asking, because i don't see any "real size" or "stock size" downloads stuff

Anyways, MUST test this new hotfix! :sticktongue:

Uhh i would REALLY love to install all the essentials, but Novapunch, KW Rocketry, FASA and AIES are just too much for my RAM limit (Got only 2GBs of RAM, so for a normal 4+GBs user this doesn't matter, but not for me), and if i install only 1 it may even crash, so i'll play without them anyways

By Soviet Engines do you mean Bobcat's Soviet Engines Pack right? Or is it another soviet engines mod? Im asking, because i don't see any "real size" or "stock size" downloads stuff

Look, just install the aggressive version of this http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/59005-0-23-5-Release-3-1-Active-Texture-Management-Save-RAM-without-reduction-packs%21 and you can fit in everything at once easily.

Look, just install the aggressive version of this http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/59005-0-23-5-Release-3-1-Active-Texture-Management-Save-RAM-without-reduction-packs%21 and you can fit in everything at once easily.

Ooooh haven't checked the agressive one, i'll check if it works then, thanks!

Edit: Im downloading FASA right now, after its done i'll say if i can run it all, if not, then crap...

Edited by SlimeCrusher

Hello to all!

Very, very nice work :)

probeCoreVanguard

name = CustomExperiment
experimentID = Vanguard1

experimentActionName = (LS)Radiation Readings

TargetSituation = FlyingHigh

Maybe

TargetSituation = InSpaceLow

v19b downloaded from first post at 28.04.2014

Anyways, MUST test this new hotfix! :sticktongue:

OK, well there is a way to save massive amounts of ram. Number of being getting Boulder Co's Active Memory manager or something like that. It compresses textures and saves a LOT of ram.

The next thing you need to do, but this requires a tiny bit of skill. If you look in Novapunch & KW Rocketry folders, delete any fuel tanks. Same goes for pretty much any and all fuel tanks for AIES, FASA, or even some Stock ones. Using Stretchy SRB you don't really need fuel tanks anymore. Plus it'll clean up your VAB like you have no idea. Again, don't just delete random things, make sure you know what you are deleting. :)

The hotfix took longer than anticipated, so I wasn't able to make videos this weekend. But I'll a full installation video from A to Z.

Ninjad on my on thread... T_T

Yaaay, now all i have to do is fix my damn RSS so it actually shows Earth and not Kerbin, and make my KSC actually be something and not just a blank screen with Kerbol and the Mun... Yea, as far as i remember, this is fixed by cleaning some RAM, but i don't think it'll work, it DOES work on Squad+RSS only install (aka. "full" stock) so it may be a RAM issue, or an incompatibility one, i don't know really

Edit: ... Yea, now im having the most strangest problem ever, my TreeLoader doesn't work lol, when i click "Select", it says "Select" and bellow "Reload", without any trees in between, what a failure!

I'll try reinstalling, i think its a bug, as it happened that i clicked while it said "Loading...", but then it didn't loaded anything, even if i tried 100 times...

BTW, remember the "playing 1 save, then quitting and playing another one, and my KSC had a floating sheet of grass on top" error? Well that seemed to fix itself somehow, and the bugged RSS was fixed by pretty much redownloading so yea

Edited by SlimeCrusher

Well i may have to delete some mods to find out if TreeLoader works, it doesn't work currently (Just repeating in case no one reads my edit :)).

I may just say its because of RAM, so i'll delete... Maybe some useless stock fuel tanks, or just delete TextureReplacer (But i love my custom faces and the soviet suit D: ), i'll see if i can delete some random mod i have there...

Hello all! Very nice work!

name = CustomExperiment
experimentID = Vanguard1

experimentActionName = (LS)Radiation Readings

TargetSituation = FlyingHigh

maybe

TargetSituation = InSpaceLow

19b downloaded from first post at 28.04.2014

Yes, I've now fixed that error. Going to release a patch soon. With a little bonus.

Hey MN! i just went through your install instructions, and i believe you made a mistake. you wrote ms19a instead of ms19b, or was this on purpose?

"RPL MS19a Tweaks Pack and Plugin https://www.dropbox.com/s/ctg7t1jdu0...Pack_MS19b.rar"

Small mistake, but still worth mentioning! :)

Actually I didnt' fully update the OP, I'm waiting for Nathan to release the next installment of RSS & RO. Since some stuff is dependent on that. We were planning joint release on Sunday, but his stuff is leagues more complicated, so it's been experiencing delays. :(

Shoon!

Actually I didnt' fully update the OP, I'm waiting for Nathan to release the next installment of RSS & RO. Since some stuff is dependent on that. We were planning joint release on Sunday, but his stuff is leagues more complicated, so it's been experiencing delays. :(

Shoon!

There's been a slew of RO updates from Nathan today, you mean more stuff coming?

Nathan your outrageously quick with these releases

Are you sending me a message indirectly there?... HMMM?

;)

So my best friend NathanKell sent me a list of new engines, so I'll update the tree again tonight to fit the new levels, etc. Nathan did bring to my attention there are a few engines I'm not supporting. I will be adding those in a later hotfix or MS20, but in some cases they are part of pretty large packs and only pick a select handful of engines. So before bringing those into the fold, I want to have the installation video up, and a separate one to explain which folders to keep, etc.

I don't want to just ask people to follow separate pages of instructions, hopefully the video will be a massive crusher of any issues stemming from erroneous installs.

One last sprint...

Edited by MedievalNerd

First of all, nice work m8.

I don't want to just ask people to follow separate pages of instructions, hopefully the video will be a massive crusher of any issues stemming from erroneous installs.

One last sprint...

If you are going to create a video, would it be too much of extra effort to make a txt file with instructions and release that too.

I find it easier than following video. I mean like kind of step to step stuff.

eg.

1) Extract foobar.zip, over write stuff @ KSP/gamedata/barfoo_dependent_mod1/

2) Copy diipadaapa.cfg and overwrite KSP/gamedata/dependent_Mod2/folderX/diipadaapa.cfg

and so on.

I would like to have that kind of instructions too ... I usually get bored when looking someone browsing folders and editing files. Tho that might also relate to the fact that in many videos ppl spend 6 minutes looking for line number X in file Y that is located somewhere they don't remember and those 'where is that thingy' parts have not been cut away. :)

Just a suggestion, thanks.

--- edit ---

As I guessed. Several installation attempts and still problems. Basically my problem is that many of the dependencies or configuration hacks for RPL,RO,RSS have some zip file in a forum post, it contains a dll or cfg but no info where to put it.. my game is b0rked.

Could someone who managed to get it working, give me a directory listing from Gamedata. I dont have enought experience with this mod setup to be able to debug what is the problem.

so if someone could run following command under gameData folder and put the .txt file to somehwere. eg. http://paste.nerv.fi (button 'lähetä' == send/submit)

@win: dir /s /b /AD

@linux: find . -type d

Thnx. :)

Edited by prc

i would like to show off what i had made so far i need a lot of work lol can't get nothing in orbit but am having fun trying http://sherromebusby.imgur.com/ do not know if it works are not not to sure ho to do it

As you might notice from my post (after mods re-aprove it due to edit) you might notice that I cant validate if your mods are working correctly.

Anyhow I have working RO3 and RO4 setups... and you need something like total of 8-10k m/s delta-V (vacuum) @ mechjeb to reach stable orbit. About 15-16k for passing moon at low orbit and return, something like 20-24k to actually land & return. (depending very much about your landing skills and how efficiently get to kerbin orbit, land to moon and can get back to moon orbit).

In your pick you are @ 8km and have about 3k left, so basically you just need more fuel. (And probably thrust after that).

I might be off the charts too because reaching distant places is really hard for me, but I would say that try to have your stage start TWR @ 1.3 at minimum. And below 20-25km alt I would say have at least 1,5twr on the start of stage, because the air resistance is completely different with RO setup than in stock KSP.

Keep in mind that with planned missions you cant go over 6-7 TWR at end of stage. (I think its something like 9 for dying, but my rockets like to wobble a bit so I cant go for the maximum).

Oh and remember you need to burn your engines quite long time to actually reach orbit as the planet is not pea-size anymore. ;)

Anyhow those figures aren't accurate, so they just give a 'hint'.

I actually found some notes from my RO3 notes from my first successful manned moon mission (landing + return).

- total dv 22k @ editor

- 11,5k dv left @ kerbin orbit before transfer burn

- 4k dv left for lift & return from moon.

Note these are from RO3 .. I did not have much time to play during RO4... so those figures might not work now.. and there also might be errors.

=)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.