[WIP][TechTree @ 0.23.5] - [MS19e] - Realistic Progression LITE

MedievalNerd

What's the most unimportant mod of them all? I wish i had more ram, everytime i play, alot of textures appear white, and after some playing it just crashes without showing me any log or anything, i also downloaded Squad's Reduction Package and the KW one, but i can't play still :(

I see that the 500 cap hasn't been fixed yet, and not sure if this is intentional, but the Bumper probe has 2 sets of experiments, both the same, 2 Data recorders, 2 Radiation stuff and 2 atmospheric analisis, and i noticed that grinding is possible, so yea :rolleyes:. Still, awesome progress! I can see people with more than 2 GBs of RAM loving this mod already, and so i am, though i can't run everything at once

Ah... Well... I think i have no option... I'll have to uninstall TextureReplacer... Bye bye, custom faces, bye bye Soviet spacesuits :(

Anyways

Edited by SlimeCrusher

In your pick you are @ 8km and have about 3k left, so basically you just need more fuel. (And probably thrust after that).

I might be off the charts too because reaching distant places is really hard for me, but I would say that try to have your stage start TWR @ 1.3 at minimum. And below 20-25km alt I would say have at least 1,5twr on the start of stage, because the air resistance is completely different with RO setup than in stock KSP.

Keep in mind that with planned missions you cant go over 6-7 TWR at end of stage. (I think its something like 9 for dying, but my rockets like to wobble a bit so I cant go for the maximum).

Oh and remember you need to burn your engines quite long time to actually reach orbit as the planet is not pea-size anymore. ;)

Anyhow those figures aren't accurate, so they just give a 'hint'.

I actually found some notes from my RO3 notes from my first successful manned moon mission (landing + return).

- total dv 22k @ editor

- 11,5k dv left @ kerbin orbit before transfer burn

- 4k dv left for lift & return from moon.

Note these are from RO3 .. I did not have much time to play during RO4... so those figures might not work now.. and there also might be errors.

=)

thank you, am going to try out what you said and see if i can get com network up today. I need to get better at my flight profile it needs work i think am wasting fuel but am learning good thing it only unmanned thing crashing have lots of work before try manned things

I have some strange problems. I installed all the mods on the list (except remote tech and the life support mods) when i open the game the loadbar can´t get past the rcs thrusters. Anyone know what to do?

Another problem. Dont know what parts to remove from the mod packs (if any). Removed all fuel tanks and pods (except those from FASA). Now after i getting all free tech nodes i have max 2 m parts and a 2,5 m decopler. all my rockets look kinda stupid :/

I have some strange problems. I installed all the mods on the list (except remote tech and the life support mods) when i open the game the loadbar can´t get past the rcs thrusters. Anyone know what to do?

Another problem. Dont know what parts to remove from the mod packs (if any). Removed all fuel tanks and pods (except those from FASA). Now after i getting all free tech nodes i have max 2 m parts and a 2,5 m decopler. all my rockets look kinda stupid :/

My guess is you don't have ModuleRCSFX.dll, which is required with the latest version of Realism Overhaul.

Here is a link for it: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/77398-0-23-5-ModuleRCSFX-0-3-RCS-with-PROPELLANT-based-fuels-and-EFFECTS-based-FX!

Edit: As for the other problem, if you have procedural wings (which you should have) you can delete all wings in squad, B9, NP2 etc. I would NOT delete pods from Squad - they are rescaled by RO and in the RPL techtree. But maybe you never use them? Otherwise, start a sandbox game, take a look in the part lists and delete what you're not gonna use.

Edited by ThorBeorn

My guess is you don't have ModuleRCSFX.dll, which is required with the latest version of Realism Overhaul.

Here is a link for it: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/77398-0-23-5-ModuleRCSFX-0-3-RCS-with-PROPELLANT-based-fuels-and-EFFECTS-based-FX!

Edit: As for the other problem, if you have procedural wings (which you should have) you can delete all wings in squad, B9, NP2 etc. I would NOT delete pods from Squad - they are rescaled by RO and in the RPL techtree. But maybe you never use them? Otherwise, start a sandbox game, take a look in the part lists and delete what you're not gonna use.

Great that fixed the RCS problem.

Have enough ram so can load the parts. Was just think if there are some foulder i better delecte since parts arent used and in wrong places in tech tree (having a 2,5 decopler when strechy tanks max is 2m)

Great that fixed the RCS problem.

Have enough ram so can load the parts. Was just think if there are some foulder i better delecte since parts arent used and in wrong places in tech tree (having a 2,5 decopler when strechy tanks max is 2m)

I wouldnt delete all wings, i dont think p.wings have full DRE support... maybe i am wrong, but they seem to cook off easy on space plane reentry. I think MN will release a list of folders to delete soon enough, after all the fixing is complete

Crap i can barely play and i've noticed i forget to install Novapunch... Kill me please D:

Do i really need it? For like historical probes? I remember installing it once but i don't remember its content.

Im so thankful you didn't added B9, its a mess of parts and its so RAM heavy.

The repeteable atmospheric analisis thing is intended right? As far as i know, more time on the desired location means more SCIENCE! (Atleast in real life), not like vanilla KSP that is "Oh good, landed on the Mun!, take some samples, crew report and lets go away, without even spending 5 minutes on the surface!"-type thing

bugs so far (dont know if others have reported before me)

1: InSpaceLow doesnt work.

2: Sputnik 1 says data is full after getting to 100 of 500.

3: Are these probes supposed to only have 50 and 100 electric charge?

InSpaceLow starts at 180KM, not at 100KM, although it says you're InSpaceLow, you're actually on the TINY TINY little bit of atmosphere left, its at 180KM for gameplay reasons, actual Earth's atmosphere ends at 800KM or so

InSpaceLow starts at 180KM, not at 100KM, although it says you're InSpaceLow, you're actually on the TINY TINY little bit of atmosphere left, its at 180KM for gameplay reasons, actual Earth's atmosphere ends at 800KM or so

In reality, the atmosphere goes on to the edge of the earths SOI. However the atmosphere is so thin above 800km that it would take centuries for orbits to decay, so when putting something that high you usually don't worry about the atmosphere too much.

Crap i can barely play and i've noticed i forget to install Novapunch... Kill me please D:

Do i really need it? For like historical probes? I remember installing it once but i don't remember its content.

The repeteable atmospheric analisis thing is intended right? As far as i know, more time on the desired location means more SCIENCE! (Atleast in real life), not like vanilla KSP that is "Oh good, landed on the Mun!, take some samples, crew report and lets go away, without even spending 5 minutes on the surface!"-type thing

Slime crusher, what is limiting you to 2gb of memory? motherboard limit? if not a 4gb stick of ram is about $15. if you can get it locally. I can provide you with a picture heavy step by step instruction set on installing ram if need be

Slime crusher, what is limiting you to 2gb of memory? motherboard limit? if not a 4gb stick of ram is about $15. if you can get it locally. I can provide you with a picture heavy step by step instruction set on installing ram if need be

Not in my country sadly, they're $500 or so... There was a (crazy) guy that sold one at $1.600, and one that sold only 1GB for $500 lol

I'll have to check on my local store some day... Ooor i can remove my current one, sell it, and buy a 4GB one, or i can also buy a 2GB one and stack them, if that's possible...

I've already fixed the white textures, it appeared to be the reduction package that was messed up, i deleted my Squad folder and replaced it with an untouched one that i had lying around and i reinstalled KW, deleting the fairings, i'll also have to delete AIES Fairings, they're useless as i already have Procedural Fairings

Edited by SlimeCrusher

Not in my country sadly, they're $500 or so... There was a (crazy) guy that sold one at $1.600, and one that sold only 1GB for $500 lol

I'll have to check on my local store some day... Ooor i can remove my current one, sell it, and buy a 4GB one, or i can also buy a 2GB one and stack them, if that's possible...

An international order from Ebay wrapped in "Gift wrap" is your solution here - just specify gift wrapped in your order. People are so desperate for good feedback they should do this no problem. Your relative in china or where ever sent you a "present" :) Sorry this is OT but I've seen you post a number of times slime and it could really ease your problems for a fraction of what it should cost.

...(having a 2,5 decopler when strechy tanks max is 2m)

As you progress in the techtree you will unlock larger diameters for the stretchy tanks. That is how it is intended to be anyway. In MSC18 that feature didn't work correctly but I belive it should be fixed now.

NP & KW have multiple engines that will most likely really narrow your choice engine wise. Try it out, but if you notice you are missing some engines to make the mission happen. Then you'll know you should have KW & NP. Did you try ONLY keeping the engines? Those 2 mods have so many tanks & Fairings, all of those can be removed if you are dealing with such senstive RAM issues. I have to say, with only 2GB it'll be pretty hard to make this whole package fit. I'm always around 3GB of ram being used. :/

#1 - Starts from 180km as per RSS changes.

#2 - Fixed that and will release 'c' version soon.

#3 - They need more power.

I think there's a few zeroes too many in the electric charge of the Vanguard probe (300000 ec), unless it was intended to double as the most powerful battery in the game. :)

Nope,

It's intended to fake the fact that the probe was solar powered. It has enough EC to last the duration of the historical mission. Considering I'm not able to have data collected in time acceleration I'll most likely strip it down the road. Check out the part .cfg file. You'll see a // note explaining the reasoning behind the increase.

Probes need EC overhaul for balance. The ones with less EC are the ones that need to be boosted.

Medi or Nathan, could one of you pop a note in here when the last RO update comes in? (RftS is still due I think)

Yeah, right now it's missing RFTS. I have a pre-release to update the engines. Not sure when he's releasing. I'll talk with him tonight most likely.

Cheers,

NP & KW have multiple engines that will most likely really narrow your choice engine wise. Try it out, but if you notice you are missing some engines to make the mission happen. Then you'll know you should have KW & NP. Did you try ONLY keeping the engines? Those 2 mods have so many tanks & Fairings, all of those can be removed if you are dealing with such senstive RAM issues. I have to say, with only 2GB it'll be pretty hard to make this whole package fit. I'm always around 3GB of ram being used. :/

I DO have KW, i only deleted the fairings and fuel tank, i'll install NP and delete everything but engines if you say so :)

Edit: Are NP2's capsules used? If not i can just delete them, right?

Edited by SlimeCrusher

I DO have KW, i only deleted the fairings and fuel tank, i'll install NP and delete everything but engines if you say so :)

Edit: Are NP2's capsules used? If not i can just delete them, right?

Not yet, but some of the probe parts not in use right now might be used for placeholder of experiments. I had 'fun' experimenting with resizing nose cones, but the later probes would require assembly which i'm not really familiar with. So I'd almost prefer to use a premade probe and have it play the role of a historical probe. (Albeit a bit weirdly shaped) But people like Frizzank are creating awesome models of the real probes, so why lamely try to fiddle with parts when those will probably be made for real down the road. We'll see!

Use Tree Edit and unlock all nodes and peruse the later nodes. You can see the partnames instead of the titles. Because as you've probably noticed, you see partnames in the gamedata folders, and not the 'title'. :)

Is there a problem with the realchutes implementation? Though the small and large versions are supposedly unlocked with the regular ones, they do not appear for me in the parts list. I've reinstalled realchutes, started a new career, still not working.

Is there a problem with the realchutes implementation? Though the small and large versions are supposedly unlocked with the regular ones, they do not appear for me in the parts list. I've reinstalled realchutes, started a new career, still not working.

Huh,

So if I understand you correctly. You see them in the tree, they are researched. But you don't see them in the VAB?

use action group menu, they can be resized, and have other settings altered, hope that helps

use action group menu, they can be resized, and have other settings altered, hope that helps

Thanks Aazard!

EDIT:

So, the next hotfix is sort of being delayed. But there are some good reasons!

* I've implemented the antenna/dishes tech levels as per Brooklyn666's .cfg file that is included in RO.

* I'm fixed some mismatches of engine tech levels.

* Added RLA (RCS & Engines)

* Added Space Shuttle Engines. (ONLY oms and double-oms)

* Fixed more experiment issues. Data recorders being restricted at 100, when experiment costs 500, etc.

I need to fiddle those new engines & RCS modules into the tree, and we'll be good to go!

As soon as all the main issues are ironed out, I'll start popping out experiments to fill in the gaps! As well as start exploring how I'll be implementing photo & video experiments.

Edited by MedievalNerd

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.