[WIP][TechTree @ 0.23.5] - [MS19e] - Realistic Progression LITE

MedievalNerd

Do you use MechJeb? If not, you should at least use it to get your rocket stats in the VAB. You'll need ~8000DV/s to get into orbit. The DV required is very dependent on your ascent profile, and how well you execute it.

yes i use it the thing was my rockets never made it that far before it broke apart i found out i forgot KJR and now i got 3 things in orbit not good ones and i lost a crew but we learning form re mistakes lol

Do you use MechJeb? If not, you should at least use it to get your rocket stats in the VAB. You'll need ~8000DV/s to get into orbit. The DV required is very dependent on your ascent profile, and how well you execute it.

Weird, have you already performed the experiment once? I once the experiment is completed, you can't do it again.

Or did you hear about the altitude changes? InSpaceLow now only starts at 180KM.

erhm no i did the experiments on a diff save game but now all that is showing up in the pop up is collect data i cant see the 3 experiments at all they are not there i am in a new save

Awwggghhh!! I was playing my game, lovin' this tech tree and today when I loaded my save, the tech tree went horizontal and was back to the stock tree. Several tech's were still checked green, but it was the stock tree. Can you give me some quick advice as to which file setting I need to change? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Awwggghhh!! I was playing my game, lovin' this tech tree and today when I loaded my save, the tech tree went horizontal and was back to the stock tree. Several tech's were still checked green, but it was the stock tree. Can you give me some quick advice as to which file setting I need to change? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Ahhh,

Are you playing with TreeLoader or Edit? If you are playing with TreeEdit, you CANNOT USE QUICKSAVE. Why? If you press F5 anywhere else than in the Research center, you save a 'blank' tree and goes back to stock if i'm not mistaken. :/

erhm no i did the experiments on a diff save game but now all that is showing up in the pop up is collect data i cant see the 3 experiments at all they are not there i am in a new save

Very strange. I'll try to repro this on the weekend, before releasing hotfix MS19c.

After having performed the experiment in one career save, you start a new career and the experiments aren't there anymore?

Weird.

If your tree gets broken, start a new RPL save, and select the RPL tree. Then quit. Then copy the tree.cfg from that save into your old save. Tree restored!

MN, you're off by 1.3km/sec there; orbital speed is just shy of 8km/sec, but gravity losses (and a bit of drag) means you need about 9300m/s dV to get *into* orbit

After having performed the experiment in one career save, you start a new career and the experiments aren't there anymore?

the above is correct.

i deleted the lovad mod but that made things worst by removing alot of parts from other mods. next i asked steam to verify files and over 900 where missing. reinstalled mods and same thing happened.

have now deleted whole game , cleaned the registry and am now reloading game and mods in order as per your post.

will advise soonest of my results.

I had a little time to play and while a lot of the first problems seem fixed, normal science experiments are a bit odd. Sometimes a gravity scan doesn't transmit fully and needs repeating, mostly they go first time. Hopefully the next set if fixes will clean things up some more.

the above is correct.

i deleted the lovad mod but that made things worst by removing alot of parts from other mods. next i asked steam to verify files and over 900 where missing. reinstalled mods and same thing happened.

have now deleted whole game , cleaned the registry and am now reloading game and mods in order as per your post.

will advise soonest of my results.

I'd suggest making a copy of your installation folder and moving it somewhere else on your HDD. That way Steam updates/verification won't steamroll your mods.

sit rep ........... now have it running .wac experiments running .....however RSS not running .........working on fix ..................standby ...........out.........88888*******((_(*(***(()) kerbal swear words

Hey I have a problem concerning this and remote tech. Just started a new campaign and firstly I unlocked all the antennas in the first 'comms' slot with all the nodes after being completely empty? When I start the game, on loading with the new module manager it states that there was an error in RPL_Tweaks_ScienceDefs_All & the RealismOverhaul_Probes file. All my antennas seem to have pretty low range, iirc the AIES large black antennas used to have something like 25Mm & 50Mm now it's like 500km. It used to simply be a matter of going into RT settings and putting the range multiplier to 10, I tried this and now they're all way to powerful, what's going on?

This is my RT2 folder with the RPL tweak files from the tweak folder:

j24NLT3.png

There seems to be something odd going on with RT2 and the RO_RT2.cfg. If you hover over the various parts in game, a bunch have weirdly out of wack ranges and power consumption. Also the Luna 1 vessel I sent out has a commutron 32 and a AIES CommTech ESC-EXP Antenna, connection is fine, commands work. I can take the telemetry readings but hitting transmit does nothing. So I went back to the VAB and checked the right click info on the antennae, none of which has a Data Transmitter module (the bit that says packet rate, packet cost etc). I'm wondering if the configs are chopping off the ability to beam back results. Something is foobar anyway.

The Luna 1 impact trail experiment seems to be damn hard. I've already crashed five of them into the moon and at all impact points the surface was above 7000 meters, meaning that I never got to a flying low situation. I'd like to suggest raising the maximum height for flying low on moon to about 15000 meters, or if that isn't possible let us be able to do the experiment at in space low.

Also, a lot of the nodes for probes are empty for me. Am I missing some mod or aren't those implemented yet? I got all of the essentials except for ECLLS, mechjeb and all extras except for extraplanetary launchpads.

The lack of transmission is what's bothering me. The probe is on a one way Moon dive so I kinda want my 300 science off before it goes splat.

They are all in a bucket node at the end called 'Future Probes Bin' - just buy all the zero cost nodes.

Small bug (not see any bugtracker):

Explorer 1 is missing Data resource.

In file:

GameData/RPL/Tweaks/FASA/Explorer 1/RPL_Explorer_Probe.cfg

!MODULE[ModuleScienceExperiment]

{

}

+ RESOURCE

+ {

+ name = Data

+ amount = 0

+ maxAmount = 500

+ }

MODULE

{

name = CustomExperiment

experimentID = Explorer1

Also can't see any part under 3rd Earth probes science slot (bio samples) - what part should go there / what mod I might be missing?

Thanks!

Edited by Legwan
added

I found the problem with the Luna 1 probe, it was missing a Module Transmitter block. Added the below and it's fine:

MODULE

{

name = ModuleRTAntennaPassive

OmniRange = 75000

TRANSMITTER

{

PacketInterval = 0.3

PacketSize = 2

PacketResourceCost = 0.0135

}

}

The Luna 1 impact trail experiment seems to be damn hard. I've already crashed five of them into the moon and at all impact points the surface was above 7000 meters, meaning that I never got to a flying low situation. I'd like to suggest raising the maximum height for flying low on moon to about 15000 meters, or if that isn't possible let us be able to do the experiment at in space low.

I've experimented just now and coming down over what should be below Lunar 'sea level' shows in MechJeb as about 8 to 9km above. If you look at this map here you can see what should be considered below. I brought it down smack inside the deepest part of copernicus and it registered 8km above sea level. I think the RO folks need to tweak their map a bit to get the heights correct. Or at least match things up with the expected.

I'll try again in Mare Humboldtianum and see if I can squeeze it in.

Twice I've managed to release the chemical then hit the (FL)Impact Trail Monitoring. It says "Success! Using the trail we will bee able to track and confirm the impact!" immediately followed by 'Impact cannot be done' or similar, it disappeared again quickly. I'm going to change the situationMask to lowSpace - I have a sneaky suspicion that because the Moon has no atmosphere, experiments set for either Flying might never work.

Edit: yep, that fixed it and since you have to transmit the results twice to get all the science, 200km is still a pretty short space to finish in.

Edited by Ratzap

now i am stumped got rss working only to find that i dont have the wac probe ..i have the hex probe instead which is the next level ...to make it worst i dont have the tanks or engines to put it into space aarrhhhhhhhhhhhh back to the drawing board

sit rep ............. Griffin Kerbal Monkey now very happy ....i have got everything running ! ............all correct probes and all experiments working !!!!!!!!! ............not sure what i did however i did stop installing mods after i installed Mechjab on the essentails list . ive now made copy of game . Now i plan to add the other mods that are listed one by one to see which one causes the problems ive been having ................will advise soonest of progresss............out

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.