[WIP][TechTree @ 0.23.5] - [MS19e] - Realistic Progression LITE

MedievalNerd

now i am stumped got rss working only to find that i dont have the wac probe ..i have the hex probe instead which is the next level ...to make it worst i dont have the tanks or engines to put it into space aarrhhhhhhhhhhhh back to the drawing board

Tried using procedural parts but it caps the minimum width of tanks at early stages making stuff like the WAC nearly impossible to make, Switched back to original stretchy tanks for now.

sit rep ............. Griffin Kerbal Monkey now very happy ....i have got everything running ! ............all correct probes and all experiments working !!!!!!!!! ............not sure what i did however i did stop installing mods after i installed Mechjab on the essentails list . ive now made copy of game . Now i plan to add the other mods that are listed one by one to see which one causes the problems ive been having ................will advise soonest of progresss............out

Please stop posting 'in-character' updates to your installation problems. Not only is it not super useful and slightly confusing, but it's against the forum rules and is sort of filling up the thread. I'm more than happy to help you, but please write full sentences and try to be concise and descriptive of what problems you are experiencing.

@ALL

Sorry for the delays, I was basically out of commission yesterday being sick! Yay!

I have some cooking to do today, but I should be able to release MS19c which addresses the bulk of the issues I see being posted. (Installation snafus aside obviously)

I didn't reply to all your reports, but trust me I've read them. :)

Tried using procedural parts but it caps the minimum width of tanks at early stages making stuff like the WAC nearly impossible to make, Switched back to original stretchy tanks for now.

Hotfix19c should nip that in the bud. But are you saying that you are able to stretch your tanks past 2M with MS19b?

I've experimented just now and coming down over what should be below Lunar 'sea level' shows in MechJeb as about 8 to 9km above. If you look at this map here you can see what should be considered below. I brought it down smack inside the deepest part of copernicus and it registered 8km above sea level. I think the RO folks need to tweak their map a bit to get the heights correct. Or at least match things up with the expected.

I'll try again in Mare Humboldtianum and see if I can squeeze it in.

Ahhh! All those values were set via the celestial body parameters, so it was done from a theoretical perspective. Although I did confirm FlyingLow on some bodies, perhaps I skipped the moon. Seems a bit unfair to have flying low generally below ground... D:

That's more than flying low... ;)

Ahhh! All those values were set via the celestial body parameters, so it was done from a theoretical perspective. Although I did confirm FlyingLow on some bodies, perhaps I skipped the moon. Seems a bit unfair to have flying low generally below ground... D:

That's more than flying low... ;)

Yeah, as I hovered at 400m I thought - somehow this ain't working as intended ;)

lowSpace for the Moon seems fair, you get 200km and come in at about 2.3km/s giving roughly 70 seconds or so to spray the chemicals, finish the experiment and transmit. It only sends 75% in the first transmission though (I repeated it twice to be sure) so you have to slam the brakes on now. If you can fix having to transmit twice it'll be golden.

Yeah, as I hovered at 400m I thought - somehow this ain't working as intended ;)

lowSpace for the Moon seems fair, you get 200km and come in at about 2.3km/s giving roughly 70 seconds or so to spray the chemicals, finish the experiment and transmit. It only sends 75% in the first transmission though (I repeated it twice to be sure) so you have to slam the brakes on now. If you can fix having to transmit twice it'll be golden.

Transmit twice?

Transmit twice?

Yes. A lot of the standard science parts and at least the Luna experiments don't send everything first time. It may say 100% but it's only sending about 75% of the amount it should. The second attempt sends the rest.

Yes. A lot of the standard science parts and at least the Luna experiments don't send everything first time. It may say 100% but it's only sending about 75% of the amount it should. The second attempt sends the rest.

Wow, ok. Would you be interested in helping me test hotfixes and releases before they are posted? You seem to be sharp on finding these things.

PM me if you are interested. (I'd make test plans in excel sheets so that it's not explorative as much as confirming that X & Y still work, and that the newly implemented Z works as intended. :) )

Cheers,

Edited by MedievalNerd

I second the RT2 problem... haven't been able to figure out what's wrong... The communotrons have only 2.5 / 5Mm omni range, as in stock game, even though I copied all the neccessary RT2 tweaks and files to correct folders, so it's pretty difficult to establish a functional communication network this way.

I just did a full install (all mods from the list here and on RO) and found that at the starting tech level, having taken all the 0 science options I had no command pods available, either manned or unmanned which made it impossible for me to be able to do anything. I modded the M38 from AIES into the start node so that I could advance but I assume I missed something / there is something missing from the start nodes.

I just did a full install (all mods from the list here and on RO) and found that at the starting tech level, having taken all the 0 science options I had no command pods available, either manned or unmanned which made it impossible for me to be able to do anything. I modded the M38 from AIES into the start node so that I could advance but I assume I missed something / there is something missing from the start nodes.

Yup,

RO got updated so WAC experiment is back with RPL only. Thus MS19b doesn't have it. I can release MS19c like, 'right now' but I haven't had time to test anything. But I'm thinking this type of situation is worse.

We need longer weekends or days that last longer than 24 hours. A combination of both would be ideal.

EDIT:

I found & fixed the stock science instrument issue. Basically squad sometimes updates the values of the scienceCap for each experiment, and the ones I had were outdated. So there we go.

Edited by MedievalNerd

I second the RT2 problem... haven't been able to figure out what's wrong... The communotrons have only 2.5 / 5Mm omni range, as in stock game, even though I copied all the neccessary RT2 tweaks and files to correct folders, so it's pretty difficult to establish a functional communication network this way.

Doing a sweep of the Antenna ranges then I'll release Hotfix MS19c.

If AIES is essential, is there a reason we don't switch its much more realistic science instruments in place of stock parts?

if you mean the gravioli, thermometer etc, they are already being used. The node costs 1 science and is available right from the beginning AFAIK.

But if you mean the probe cores, I have already asked MN about it and I was told they would be in place sometime in future :)

I am having an issue where I get both FlyingHigh and InSpaceLow at the same time. I have heard that it's because RSS updated where space starts here. I also have a screenshot of what it looks like in action here.

Wow, ok. That's interesting. I'll check it to it right now.

EDIT:

Can't repro using my install for MS19c. Perhaps it's fixed?

But that looks really bizarre you are able to get 2 outputs of 'current situation'. Does it do that at any height? I only get one. Make sure you don't keep the compressed archive in your game data folder. i think KSP is able to read them, and then you end up with double plugins! D:

EDIT2:

In any case, since MS19c is coming out tonight, just sit tight.

Edited by MedievalNerd

Medi, it may be the RSS defines. If you look at RealSolarSystem.cfg there are blocks for each body like this

CelestialBodyScienceParams

{

flyingAltitudeThreshold = 18000

spaceAltitudeThreshold = 35786000

}

These don't really define the bands properly though and I wonder what the keywords are supposed to mean. Is flyingAltitudeThreshold supposed to mean the top of lowFlying? What about high, it's never mentioned. But then again if it's not doing it for you then /shrug

Medi, it may be the RSS defines. If you look at RealSolarSystem.cfg there are blocks for each body like this

CelestialBodyScienceParams

{

flyingAltitudeThreshold = 18000

spaceAltitudeThreshold = 35786000

}

These don't really define the bands properly though and I wonder what the keywords are supposed to mean. Is flyingAltitudeThreshold supposed to mean the top of lowFlying? What about high, it's never mentioned. But then again if it's not doing it for you then /shrug

Those are derived in other ways. But the double situation debug output makes me very suspicious of double plugin or something. Which reminds me... I have to remove at some point... T_T

I see. I went and flew Sputnik 2 again just now and while I couldn't get the double situations, it was saying lowSpace at 130km or so and upwards (happily accumulating data which 50km too low).

But that looks really bizarre you are able to get 2 outputs of 'current situation'. Does it do that at any height? I only get one. Make sure you don't keep the compressed archive in your game data folder. i think KSP is able to read them, and then you end up with double plugins! D:

I keep the .zips in a separate folder in the KSP directory, and I do that for every mod so I can track which version I have. As you saw in the screencap, I was above the 120,000m that you have said is where it should start, and it stopped doing it above 180,000m.

I keep the .zips in a separate folder in the KSP directory, and I do that for every mod so I can track which version I have. As you saw in the screencap, I was above the 120,000m that you have said is where it should start, and it stopped doing it above 180,000m.

180km is the 'new' cutoff for FlyingHigh/InSpaceLow.

I've tried to reproduce getting double situations, but I'm not able to. Tried around 125km like you did in your screencap, and a few stages before 180km. And it was always only 1 situation, flyinghigh. And switched to InSpaceLow at 180km.

Are you running the experiment or the data recorder to get that?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.