[WIP][TechTree @ 0.23.5] - [MS19e] - Realistic Progression LITE

MedievalNerd

There seems to be a problem with WAC Corporal experiments in 19c. I started a completely new career and the data collection rate is really slow.

By the time I reached apogee (122.5km), 4 minutes after mark, the data recorder had only collected a measly 17.07 points of data.

When it again crossed the 18km threshold (T+00:06:47) on its way down, the data amounted to 32.34.

Am I doing it wrong?

Nope, if you look a few posts back somebody else brought it up. I need to update the input/output values to account for the new way the plugin updates them.

Hang in there!

Nope, if you look a few posts back somebody else brought it up. I need to update the input/output values to account for the new way the plugin updates them.

Hang in there!

Good to know. ))

Since it seems the rate of collection is the 'main' issue left, I'll try to do a quick pass of all the recorders and slap in new values into a hotfix for tonight. ;)

Cheers,

That's nice! It will be morning here though, so I will continue building my satellite network instead of going to Moon for now :)

Alright, I think the value I'm going to set out in the wild will be the following:

Data Recorder

Data Rate: 1 Unit/sec

Power Rate: 5W/sec (0.005 EC/s)

As I always say, if this plays off OP/unbalanced or whatever. I'll tweak it. Especially since timewarp works now, I'll probably revise experiment data costs and the Data Recorder's rates too! :)

Did a few tests, seems to be going ok. :D

Milestone 19a Change Log:

THERE ARE SOME EMPTY NODES! DONT WORRY (THEY ARE FREE!) :cool:

• Complete overhaul of the Probe & Capsules Techlines.

1. Probes are now split by Planets & Moons. (Currently only Earth, Moon, Venus & Mars)
  2. Capsules are by program Mercury, Gemini & Apollo. (No Custom Experiments yet)

• Complete overhaul of Probes & Experiments:

1. WAC/Bumper
  2. Sputnik 1
  3. Sputnik 2
  4. Explorer 1
  5. Vanguard
  6. Luna 1 (First Impact Probe!)

• New separate Tech Tree for Stock & KSPI Science
  • New separate Tech Tree for Kethane, EPL & KSPI Mining
  • New Tech line for Antennas & Dishes (To be used with RO_RT2 tweaks by Brooklyn666)
  • Multiple mods added to the tree (See OP for full list)
  • New LAZOR sub tech tree
  • New Infernal Robotics sub tech tree
  • And many more I've forgotten since I've work on it for so long D:

Hotfix MS19c fix list: (Released 2014/05/06)

• Luna 1 Chemtrail experiment is set to Flying High. (Flying Low is mostly below ground for now)
  • Fxed timewarp not working for CustomExperiment plugin (NathanKell)
  • Fixed the placement of some FASA tanks & engines.

Hotfix MS19d fix list: (Released 2014/05/08)

• Updated Data Recorder input/output values to account for the Timewarp Fix.
  • Fixed timewarp not working for ChemicalRelease plugin. (Based on Nathan's fix)
  • Reduced Vanguard battery to 200
  • Updated Vanguard Experiment #2 cost to 10000 (~166 minutes, so use Time warp!)

Yayyyy! ... I think!

Heyyyy, what's that supposed to mean? :P It'll get better, don't you worry. ;)

cool stayed up till 04.00 to get this

Just so you know, I am not responsible for any damage that may occur to rockets or Kerbals if you fall asleep flying stuff! Enjoy! :D

Hi MN,

Question >> No longer including matching base/cap values for non-squad science parts (warp, fasa ect)? is this an over site or these science instruments no longer intended to be used?

Hi MN,

Question >> No longer including matching base/cap values for non-squad science parts (warp, fasa ect)? is this an over site or these science instruments no longer intended to be used?

Oh! Wait, I misread your post!

No, I haven't made fixes for those. Don't think there were at any point actually?

Edited by MedievalNerd

Wha? Hmm, that's strange since I clearly remember fixing those. Did I fix it in some other folder... Hmmm... <_<

Could me me failing to find it inside the folder structure, just reading over the cfg's...i havent test played it yet....if you have an idea where it is please let me know, like i said i might have not seen it

Could me me failing to find it inside the folder structure, just reading over the cfg's...i havent test played it yet....if you have an idea where it is please let me know, like i said i might have not seen it

No, I haven't made fixes for those. Don't think there were at any point actually?

I send you a file, a "all" science defs version...i ended up missing 2 or 3 "]" and limited all experiments to 10pts (my bad...) then released a fix after the issue was found. If you want i can send you the file again (fixed version only this time for you to use or add as an option to OP.

Just let me know

Hang in there!

iam still getting this issue even with the 19 D hotfix and yes i deleted old 19c and started new carrer

I'm not 100% sure whether MS19b had the MM files for Stretchy & PP. :/

I THINK I can work on this ab it tonight. No guarantees!

First of all thanks for for the tree.

In order to also make RPL / RSS and RO working as a guide, i think the first two stages should be

@start = 0.12

basicRocketry = 0.25

That than stand for 0.3m and 0.625m and match the given information on tree.

After that we can think about a higher max value according to the stages in the tree to give the chance to use up to 7 engines under the tank.

From heavierRocketry up it can be up to 30.

Greatz

Mo3pp3l

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.