[WIP][TechTree @ 0.23.5] - [MS19e] - Realistic Progression LITE

MedievalNerd

With the new v19d:

1. Yay! Experiments work now, with the one problem: I have to perform the experiment and transmit twice to get the full amount of science, it's not 100% transmission. Twice seems to get 100% of it though, with ~75% the first time and the remainder the second.

2. I'm having a problem with using fins for roll control. Early on, you don't have access to vernier thrusters or engine clusters or rcs or anything like that, and you need to use fins. When I place four fins at the bottom with the rocket, and then right click them to turn off pitch and yaw so they only control roll, the game doesn't seem to handle it well. Whenever I try to put in a roll command, it leads to the rocket pitching over as well as rolling. Feel free to ignore this one if it doesn't apply to RPL, but I was wondering if I was missing some DLL with all the gimbal changes with RO or something like that.

thanks, and great work

This is happening to me as well, although I don't disable the yaw and pitch on fins, that might be the problem...basically everytime I try to roll (by Q or E), the rocket goes crazy and begins to yaw/pitch a lot. If I want to stop the spin (which happens quite often and I have no idea why), I have to enable the SAS, which leads to other problems - like wobble (SAS doesn't handle wobbles well, it just makes it worse) and eventually loss of control. Basically, I have to fly it manually, which on the other hand adds to the challenge :)

I've noticed that I can't fly below 7000m on the mun to preform the luna-1 mission, the lowest place I've found is about 8500m.

It's ok, the experiment is now Flying High. :)

As you can read in the changelog, there are no needed changes in the tree. So 19c is the actual version.

Smart man! Precisely, I didn't update the tree because there were changes to it. But to make things clearer, i'll update the tree's name for consistency's sake.

With the new v19d:

1. Yay! Experiments work now, with the one problem: I have to perform the experiment and transmit twice to get the full amount of science, it's not 100% transmission. Twice seems to get 100% of it though, with ~75% the first time and the remainder the second.

thanks, and great work

I can't repro this! :( Can you give me a bit more details as to exactly which experiments are doing this? I once had a weird 75% transmit of data(But the Science Pop Up did say 100% and the values matched), but I think it's because I slipped out of comm range before the transmission was finished. Can you make sure you this isn't the case?

Thanks,

Edited by MedievalNerd

It's ok, the experiment is now Flying High. :)

I'm also stuck on Luna 1. The probe never enters the Flying High situation, it transitions directly from InSpaceLow to FlyingLow at 7 km, so there is never an opportunity to release the chemical or do the impact experiment.

I'm also stuck on Luna 1. The probe never enters the Flying High situation, it transitions directly from InSpaceLow to FlyingLow at 7 km, so there is never an opportunity to release the chemical or do the impact experiment.

Ahhhh! What? D: /runs away forever

I must have messed it up in the middle of the hotfixes. I had it working in MS19a or some prior release candidate.

Well it's the weekend so I'll have more time. I'll see what's up with that and double check the other bodies as to how the flag comes up.

With the new v19d:

2. I'm having a problem with using fins for roll control. Early on, you don't have access to vernier thrusters or engine clusters or rcs or anything like that, and you need to use fins. When I place four fins at the bottom with the rocket, and then right click them to turn off pitch and yaw so they only control roll, the game doesn't seem to handle it well. Whenever I try to put in a roll command, it leads to the rocket pitching over as well as rolling. Feel free to ignore this one if it doesn't apply to RPL, but I was wondering if I was missing some DLL with all the gimbal changes with RO or something like that.

thanks, and great work

Hmmm, maybe Nathan knows of this since he's the pro of sounding rockets in my book. and heart! <3 Go Nathan!

I wouldn't be sure what's causing this.

Edited by MedievalNerd

I can't repro this! :( Can you give me a bit more details as to exactly which experiments are doing this? I once had a weird 75% transmit of data(But the Science Pop Up did say 100% and the values matched), but I think it's because I slipped out of comm range before the transmission was finished. Can you make sure you this isn't the case?

Thanks,

It was the first WAC corporal experiments, both atmospheric and radiation. I might have been at the edge of comm range, I'll try again when I get home

It was the first WAC corporal experiments, both atmospheric and radiation. I might have been at the edge of comm range, I'll try again when I get home

OK, take a screenshot of the pop up when the experiment triggers. (Showing Data/points & the Transmit button with the (100%) on it) Then screenshot the total output you get.

Cheers!

OK, take a screenshot of the pop up when the experiment triggers. (Showing Data/points & the Transmit button with the (100%) on it) Then screenshot the total output you get.

Cheers!

Remember half a dozen pages back I was getting the same thing with the Luna 1. Apropos Luna 1 and the height problem - it'll need to be lowSpace to work, airless worlds seem to transition straight past and semi-ignore flying altogether. I think I posted that back some pages too.

Remember half a dozen pages back I was getting the same thing with the Luna 1. Apropos Luna 1 and the height problem - it'll need to be lowSpace to work, airless worlds seem to transition straight past and semi-ignore flying altogether. I think I posted that back some pages too.

Yeah but here is teh thing about the FLying High/Low. I got it working at some point. I think the fixes we did for the new ways to detect Flying high are broken. (for non-atmospheric bodies)

I want that fixed!! When are you.. oh, I see. ;) Back to the coding board!

Shoon!

As far as transmission of partial science goes, this in anicdotal but I've had some success with full transmissions by hitting the transmit button then doing nothing (not even moving the mouse) unitl it's all transmitted. Could be voodoo though.

Yeah but here is teh thing about the FLying High/Low. I got it working at some point. I think the fixes we did for the new ways to detect Flying high are broken. (for non-atmospheric bodies)

I want that fixed!! When are you.. oh, I see. ;) Back to the coding board!

From the last time I was doing the Luna 1 stuff, your experiment was seeing the correct situation but the underlying KSP part was returning the wrong thing. So your module said 'Flying low - dis is cool' but the KSP module you overwrite said 'na ha, lowSpace or GTFO'

From the last time I was doing the Luna 1 stuff, your experiment was seeing the correct situation but the underlying KSP part was returning the wrong thing. So your module said 'Flying low - dis is cool' but the KSP module you overwrite said 'na ha, lowSpace or GTFO'

OOOOH!!! Smart man! I actually forgotten about that... I was labelling the experiment wrong. I can only fake it on the top layer, which blocks the second layer from being used in teh wrong situation. So I have to use InSpaceLow for the ScieceDef.cfg! but FlyingLow in my plugin modules. Got it!

Working on a batch of new fixes and s little surprise to make it worth your while!

EDIT: So KSP just wen't "coucou" on me. Although I use identical format to my previous expeirments, to the letter, when I try to load them in the science experiment module, it says there is no experiment with that ID... But I copy paste the values... lol

I feel like there is an exterior force playing against me.

Edited by MedievalNerd

Don't know if this is part of the same bug or not, but the Mars 1 LS experiment won't go either. It gives different errors depending on whether you're in high space or low space, and sometimes the button just disappears.

While removing reaction wheels from the probes was probably overdue, it has left me with 9 comm sats I can no longer switch to since they cannot turn to face the sun again ;)

Mars and Venus probes still have their wheels though since those would need to be updated by you rather than Nathan.

While removing reaction wheels from the probes was probably overdue, it has left me with 9 comm sats I can no longer switch to since they cannot turn to face the sun again ;)

Mars and Venus probes still have their wheels though since those would need to be updated by you rather than Nathan.

I'm currently losing my mind. Haven't changed anything except add 1 more science definition, and now everything is broken. The last 3-4 experiments don't get their ID's loaded properly. And I'm full of these errors:

[R&D]: No Experiment definition found with id Mars-1

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d3d49558e4d408f4/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 53)

[ModuleScienceExperiment]: Part Module 0 doesn't implement IScalarModule

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d3d49558e4d408f4/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 53)

[R&D]: No Experiment definition found with id Mars-2

[ModuleScienceExperiment]: Part Module 0 doesn't implement IScalarModule

I'm about to nuke KSP from orbit.

so i am prob gona shoot myself in my one good foot for saying this but i have everything working !!! well apart from one small inconvenace.

when acessing the experiments on the probes the buttons are duplicated , as in there are 2 buttons to start data,2 buttons to do atmosphere etc etc .

anybody any idea why this is ?

so i am prob gona shoot myself in my one good foot for saying this but i have everything working !!! well apart from one small inconvenace.

when acessing the experiments on the probes the buttons are duplicated , as in there are 2 buttons to start data,2 buttons to do atmosphere etc etc .

anybody any idea why this is ?

do you have the zip file still in your game data folder perhaps?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.