[WIP][TechTree @ 0.23.5] - [MS19e] - Realistic Progression LITE

MedievalNerd

no i do not have a zip file in gamedata.

OK, is it "all" the probes? Just the RPL probes, or some probes?

I saw something similar a while ago, there were extra module entries in the part.cfg, I think it was due to "tweakable everything", could that be happening here?

Module Manager tweaks? Or the part itself having too many modules?

So just checking to make sure I'm not doing something wrong, but are all of the mercury / gemini / apollo parts lacking their realism? They all seem significantly underpowered and undersized, and using the stock fuels. If you just haven't gotten around to them yet, maybe those nodes could be labeled so we don't unlock them uselessly?

For example I see some realistic gemini engine parts in the RftS config, but the parts which show up in the tech tree are different. When I build a Gemini and Titan II, I only get about 6 km/s delta-V.

Also I get a lot of Soyuz and Mir parts unlocking right form the get-go, which I doubt was the intent?

There's also some other wonkiness with the tech tree, like getting certain fairing parts before getting the bases needed to use them (and the AIES fairing separation motor is stuck with the SRB's instead of the fairings). There are also some crazy powerful engines showing up early which seem out of place, like the LR18-4.

I love this mod, it's just hard to tell at this stage which parts are supposed to be used and which aren't. Let me know if I can help in some way.

So just checking to make sure I'm not doing something wrong, but are all of the mercury / gemini / apollo parts lacking their realism? They all seem significantly underpowered and undersized, and using the stock fuels. If you just haven't gotten around to them yet, maybe those nodes could be labeled so we don't unlock them uselessly?

For example I see some realistic gemini engine parts in the RftS config, but the parts which show up in the tech tree are different. When I build a Gemini and Titan II, I only get about 6 km/s delta-V.

Also I get a lot of Soyuz and Mir parts unlocking right form the get-go, which I doubt was the intent?

There's also some other wonkiness with the tech tree, like getting certain fairing parts before getting the bases needed to use them (and the AIES fairing separation motor is stuck with the SRB's instead of the fairings). There are also some crazy powerful engines showing up early which seem out of place, like the LR18-4.

I love this mod, it's just hard to tell at this stage which parts are supposed to be used and which aren't. Let me know if I can help in some way.

LR18-4? I don't even see that in my tree. :P Are you using RFTS?

Soyuz and Mir parts sound likes he is talking about Bob cat's historical pack, which i believe is unsupported... only soviet rocket engine pack is met to be used if i understand correctly... soloution would be #1> live with it to have access to the parts or #2 remove the historical pack to have a more "tech tree" supported part list.

I used to use the historical pack also, not i just build analogs out of available parts (much happier with this method and it involves far less headaches)

Sorry if i misunderstood where your "Soyuz and Mir parts" were comming from.

I am using RftS. It's in the second or third liquid engines node (the 1963 one). The 1968 node contains a whole slew of engines of absurd thrust into the 10's of MN, quoting names "Artemis" and "Prometheus". I'm trying to use exactly the mod setup you specify on the front post, with only the "required" mods, plus editor tools.

Soyuz and Mir parts sound likes he is talking about Bob cat's historical pack, which i believe is unsupported... only soviet rocket engine pack is met to be used if i understand correctly...

Oh, I followed the link from the front post of this thread, searched for the word "Soviet", and downloaded the first mod that it found. I didn't see that there was a separate engine pack. It's "Soviet Pack 2.0" vs "Soviet Engines Pack V1.0" both on the same page.

So that explains that part at least, thanks.

I am using RftS. It's in the second or third liquid engines node (the 1963 one). The 1968 node contains a whole slew of engines of absurd thrust into the 10's of MN, quoting names "Artemis" and "Prometheus". I'm trying to use exactly the mod setup you specify on the front post, with only the "required" mods, plus editor tools.

Oh, I followed the link from the front post of this thread, searched for the word "Soviet", and downloaded the first mod that it found. I didn't see that there was a separate engine pack. It's "Soviet Pack 2.0" vs "Soviet Engines Pack V1.0" both on the same page.

So that explains that part at least, thanks.

You want "Soviet Engines Pack V1.0" i believe very bottom of post by the multiple soviet rockets picture

griffin247: open your GameData folder. Do a search for *modulemanager* in the little search box. See how many entries, and what, show up.

Spooks: Not sure. I'd suggest just adding MJ to all probes/pods.

Silpion: Are you using the latest Realism Overhaul? The latest Realism Overhaul includes RedAV8R's FASA patches, which you need in order for FASA parts to be realistic.

The LR18-4 is a techlevel 2 engine, and should therefore be in the second Rocketry node. So is the LR87, four of which, clustered, provide more thrust than the LR18-4.

MedievalNerd: if you don't see it in your tree, you're not using NovaPunch2...

Silpion: Are you using the latest Realism Overhaul? The latest Realism Overhaul includes RedAV8R's FASA patches, which you need in order for FASA parts to be realistic.

Yikes, I feel dumb, this was it. Thanks!

There are so many mods to keep track of now... at some point that will have to be automated somehow!

Thanks everyone for their hard work making the game extra awesome.

Yikes, I feel dumb, this was it. Thanks!

There are so many mods to keep track of now... at some point that will have to be automated somehow!

Thanks everyone for their hard work making the game extra awesome.

Howdy,

I'll make a video and an Excel sheet for download and track.

as far as mod pack I'm not going to try it again too many mods varying releases, so really hard to maintain.

and the last thing modders need is dealing with outdated issues do to a pack being out of sync.

that being said there were 2 mod pack downloaders but I think they aren't updated anymore.

Thanks for the feedback,

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.