[WIP][TechTree @ 0.23.5] - [MS19e] - Realistic Progression LITE

MedievalNerd

The fact that it takes minutes/hours of game time is reasonable. The fact that you cannot timewarp through this process isn't.

I just confirmed that sending data seems to accelerate on my setup when I keep the accelereation reasonable 10-100x... did not test futher ones.. Launched just some on orbit to see.

I think there was some info about this on this thread in pages 160-180 or so. I remember installing some community hotfix for RT2 .. looks like I did not document it on my install notes tho :(

It seems that I have found a bug andqui wrote about. String "name = proceduralTankRealFuels" is missing from a tech tree. And in later PP versions it's a universal part WHICH REPLACES ALL RF TANKS BY ITSELF.

Manually adding it to techtree solves the problem. However size restrictions still persist and 0.3m tank cannot be built...

This will solve it... hopefully...

@PART[proceduralTankRealFuels]:FINAL
{
@MODULE[ProceduralPart]
{
@TECHLIMIT,0
{
@diameterMin = 0.3
@lengthMax = 4.0
@volumeMin = 0.1
}
}

It worked. However this small patch is quite dirty. Next tech node will set limits back.

Edited by Dr. Jet

It worked. However this small patch is quite dirty. Next tech node will set limits back.

I'm not yet using procedural parts, but I *am* collecting RPL patches. When you say the next tech node will set it back, are you saying that one would need multiple `@TECHLIMIT,N` sections, one for each tech level?

My problem is still transmission of partial science though (as well as slow transmission sometimes). I run an experiment a few times and get varrying amounts of science out of it, not running out of range/power. Don't know why I get partial science when I should be getting 100% :(

This is been flagged previously and it seems to be related to RT2. If someone could be awesome and attempt this without RT2 plugin, it'd be interesting to know the results. I would be doubtful that RPL is the cause. :/

I'm not dead, but getting there. Work has picked up, we are in peak season. So I'm really pressed for time and energy. I can't make any promises as to when I'll be able to release the next patch.

Hopefully things will slow down so I can get back into the swing of things. I'm not giving up, I just have no brain power left in the tank at the end of the week. :(

And the damn HDD failure was quite a blow. Lame!

I'm not dead, but getting there. Work has picked up, we are in peak season. So I'm really pressed for time and energy. I can't make any promises as to when I'll be able to release the next patch.

We love you, MN! Thank you for an awesome tech tree and being totally cool! <3

~ pjf

Ok odd one here, i have some random parts in totaly diffrent places now. Just updated to new RO/RFL and RPL all worked fine until today :(

All of the procedural fairings are missing from the VAB even though i have unlocked them + some of them are in Engine nodes and all sorts. i can use them in sandbox so its not the instal as such.. any ideas please.

It seems that I have found a bug andqui wrote about. String "name = proceduralTankRealFuels" is missing from a tech tree. And in later PP versions it's a universal part WHICH REPLACES ALL RF TANKS BY ITSELF.

Manually adding it to techtree solves the problem. However size restrictions still persist and 0.3m tank cannot be built...

This will solve it... hopefully...

@PART[proceduralTankRealFuels]:FINAL
{
@MODULE[ProceduralPart]
{
@TECHLIMIT,0
{
@diameterMin = 0.3
@lengthMax = 4.0
@volumeMin = 0.1
}
}

Hi, i'm having the same problema, can you possible tell me what file you edited? I can't figure how to edit the techtree. Regards

And the damn HDD failure was quite a blow. Lame!

Buy a cheap home NAS that uses mirrored disks and back your important crud up on that. Save yourself the hassle of drive failures. Or use GIT would work too

PS: Another release of Fusebox, that makes 3 since 19e ;)

I'm not yet using procedural parts, but I *am* collecting RPL patches. When you say the next tech node will set it back, are you saying that one would need multiple `@TECHLIMIT,N` sections, one for each tech level?

Yep. Exactly that. Current PP version is poorly compatible with RPL. It will take some work to remove all deprecated parts, add all parts needed and reconfigure the limits to meet what it was with old PP versions.

I was thiiiis close to integrate PP properly. I had the tweak setup and everything, but it seems I didn't manage to salvage that from my dead HDD. To be fair Nathan had written 99% of it in a sort of template form for little old me.

Perhaps he still has it somehwere, but again so little time on hand. I'm sorry for the pain and suffering caused. :( I'd rather work on this than helping other companies fulfill their dreams.

Well it's loading on the career mode (the tech tree selection) but now will required funds to play it, it would be good to load in "science" mode aswell or instead, so funds won't be required to play the mod. (the way around i used so far was to edit the save game and added 999999999 on "funds" code line). Ty

I'm still asking though "WHAT" specifically isn't loading? This is a collection of a crap load of mods and moving parts and without knowing specifically what you are having problems with, we can't really help.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.