[WIP][TechTree @ 0.23.5] - [MS19e] - Realistic Progression LITE

MedievalNerd

Hi all, it seems the RPL project is abandoned for some time, i know it won't work at 0.24.2 version, but i decided to test it for bugs, so far the only thing i've noticed is the "activate data recorder" isn't working anymore, the tech tree research seems to be in order, the unmanned starter probes aswell except for the data save, the atmospheric readings and so on pops the normal messages.

Maybe someone that likes this mode and can possibly fix it with the due credits to MedievalNerd at least until he returns? It's one of the best mods out there (a must have for RO+RSS, a pity if it stays forgotten. Regards! (i wish i understood programming ) :)

Edited by Rakird

Maybe someone that likes this mode and can possibly fix it with the due credits to MedievalNerd at least until he returns? It's one of the best mods out there (a must have for RO+RSS, a pity if it stays forgotten. Regards! (i wish i understood programming ) :)

I've been collecting various patches for fixing up the tech tree, adjusting science, incorporating procedural parts, and the like. I've asked MN if he'd be happy with me doing an unofficial release, but we've both been super busy recently and some follow-up is required. In the mean-time my relevant files can be found here.

As for fixing up CustomExperiment and DataGenerationModule, I know the source can be found in this thread. Unfortunately I don't yet have the dev environment or background for C# development, but I hope the changes needed for 0.24.2 compatibility will be minor.

~ pjf

As for fixing up CustomExperiment and DataGenerationModule, I know the source can be found in this thread. Unfortunately I don't yet have the dev environment or background for C# development, but I hope the changes needed for 0.24.2 compatibility will be minor.

I can take care of those if you like. PM what needs doing to them (or just a recompile for 0.24 you looking for?).

Ok, the source pointed to in the first post is from 8 months ago, the DLL in 19e was created 2 months ago... Somewhere there must be newer code, Nathenkell, any ideas where it could be? Does MN have a github repo for this project?

oh thats cool thank you nathan, as for medieval nerd, I understand that RL does and should come first, hope every thing goes well for him that... though one sujestion put the Redstone engine in the same nod as the Explorer because the juno used it as well

Playful1510 said :

How can I add in the Vernier engines to the tree?

two ways for that :

-use treeedit to add it with gui menu (from ALL PART button database)

-or type the same "techrequired" as you tree

Ratzap said :

Ok, since no-one answered with newer code I got the old 18 one to compile (it was missing a resource flow parameter in 1 method call). If someone wants to check if it works, here you go

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...Experiment.dll

Otherwise, we wait on Medieval Nerd.

So custom experiment, bumper etc etc data recorder is working now ?

EDIT :

I've just test this, and have a flow of error in debug window, not in red but orange warning, and the "data recorder" is also not available

Edited by rabzoue59
test

Howdy people of Kerbal!

Nathan is spreading lies, I will never release another patch. I'M KIDDING. :)

I'm either reaching a sate of equilibrium with the madness, or things are slowing down (either way I don't care lol), so I'll be jumping in back the ship for a short while to tie up lose ends and get this where it needs to be.

I am considering making this a collaborative effort, but I'm struggling since I've given this so many countless hours that I feel it's like my baby... NOBODY TOUCHES MY BABY! <3 Except Nathan, since I mean we sort of partially made this together... OK, the imagery is getting scary here.

Anyway, stand fast and I thank you all for your patience. I see my inbox is glowing but I can't check that out for now, tomorrow night I'll start going through those and rest assured, I apprecaite all the feedback and help you people provide me.

Thanks for everything, and see you soon!

EDIT: As it turned out I actually lost my project folders when my HDD failed, which means the source code for RPL's plugin. But Nathan to the rescue is helping by decompiling the latest version. Also, it's going to be up on github shortly. Sorry it took so long to post it there. I learned my lesson!

Edited by MedievalNerd

howdy all, iv been a silent member of the kerbal community for some time now, but....

referring to the epic Mr NathanKe about it being on git. a noob question, but if i copy and past that coding will it work on ksp .24.(what ever the rest is)?

and how can i make the sputnik probe or any probe for that matter work on starting tech? i have but a silly rocket looking one atm.

iam al up and running iam just waiting on this to be updated. oh and i started with new clean install then installed all other mods required then put in my save file and everything is cool.

me and my big mouth !! ok cancell last statment. so now have clean install everything installed apart from realium overhaul and the tech tree , standing by for update no rush , unlike most iam quite happy to wait for the proper updates etc

Edited by griffin247

Howdy people of Kerbal!

Hooray! Welcome back!

I am considering making this a collaborative effort, but I'm struggling since I've given this so many countless hours that I feel it's like my baby... NOBODY TOUCHES MY BABY! <3 Except Nathan, since I mean we sort of partially made this together... OK, the imagery is getting scary here.

I would love this! Making RPL a community project doesn't mean losing control; I find it much more of a happy state where everyone else fixes your bugs for you, and other people can try weird stuff that might not work, and then you can pick and choose the bits which do. :)

On that note, have you considered moving the RPL tree out of TreeLoader and instead have it packaged with the main RPL distribution? The reason I ask is that TreeLoader runs *after* MM, which makes it impossible to for an end-user to edit the tech tree without directly modifying the tree.cfg in the save. I'd really love to fix up some spelling mistakes, sort some unsorted parts, add my fixes for additional modules, and generally help with tree clean-up, and that's *much* easier to do if everything is managed by MM.

I am happy to do the TreeLoader to MM conversion and testing. :)

EDIT: As it turned out I actually lost my project folders when my HDD failed, which means the source code for RPL's plugin. But Nathan to the rescue is helping by decompiling the latest version. Also, it's going to be up on github shortly. Sorry it took so long to post it there. I learned my lesson!

Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear of your HDD failure, but I'm delighted to see the code on github. You can expect some pull requests from me soon. :)

Keep being awesome, and thank you again!

~ pjf

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.