[WIP][TechTree @ 0.23.5] - [MS19e] - Realistic Progression LITE

MedievalNerd

anything we can do to help out? I'm starting to get a tiny bit more time, although i'm not exactly amazing helpful, but willing

You could go through the install process using the latest versions of whatever can be found and document it as a HowTo. The current front page info is not exactly up to date in that respect.

I managed to get career mode working but the procedural SRBs seem rather suspect but it's no longer dying on staging even though it has empty tree nodes. The 5000m contract never completes but I think that's an RSS bug. If you feel brave, try this DLL https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/71576136/KSP/Treeloader.dll - note, it will only work with RPL as it makes assumptions about nodes.

ok how does one do that my graphics card is DX 11 cause i got it so i can run star citizen

Griffin,

Taken from first post of KSP 64bits on Windows (this time, it's not a request)

If it still don't [sic] work, you can try to force Unity to use DirectX11 (thanks gpisic) or OpenGL, just add one of those argument to your Steam Launch properties or your KSP shorcut:

-force-opengl (Windows only)

Make the game use OpenGL for rendering, even if Direct3D is available. Normally Direct3D is used but OpenGL is used if Direct3D 9.0c is not available.

-force-d3d9 (Windows only)

Make the game use Direct3D 9 for rendering. This is the default, so normally there's no reason to pass it.

-force-d3d11 (Windows only)

Make the game use Direct3D 11 for rendering.

You will note, this is a Windoze only solution. I'm running Ubuntu 14.04 x64, so I haven't tried this. (I assume Ubuntu defaults to this. Still a newbie to linux.)

You could go through the install process using the latest versions of whatever can be found and document it as a HowTo. The current front page info is not exactly up to date in that respect.

I managed to get career mode working but the procedural SRBs seem rather suspect but it's no longer dying on staging even though it has empty tree nodes. The 5000m contract never completes but I think that's an RSS bug. If you feel brave, try this DLL https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/71576136/KSP/Treeloader.dll - note, it will only work with RPL as it makes assumptions about nodes.

I would be happy to go through the install process "how too". shame that the 5km contract wont complete, as i assume that removes the ability to get the additional altitude record contracts. Please let me know if you or nathan have found out why it doesnt work, or if you discover a fix.

am i to assume that minmus/ike contracts are a complete loss (but mun/duna/eve contracts become luna/mars/venus respectfully?)

I will detail the how to with as clear of instructions and the install order i used for RSS+RPL in 0.24.2x. If someone knows how to create a file to part "clean" some unneeded/redundant parts from a few mods please let me know (it would help reduce clutter and improve load times/memory foot print)

Edited by Guest

I would be happy to go through the install process "how too". shame that the 5km contract wont complete, as i assume that removes the ability to get the additional altitude record contracts. Please let me know if you or nathan have found out why it doesnt work, or if you discover a fix.

am i to assume that minmus/ike contracts are a complete loss (but mun/duna/eve contracts become luna/mars/venus respectfully?)

I will detail the how to with as clear of instructions and the install order i used for RSS+RPL in 0.24.2x. If someone knows how to create a file to part "clean" some unneeded/redundant parts from a few mods please let me know (it would help reduce clutter and improve load times/memory foot print)

In short the whole contract thing for RSS and custom trees is a big old can of worms. If we're lucky Squad might shine some light on how it all works and make it a little easier to change.

I thought about making scripts to clean up redundant stuff but the speed with which part packs change and the fact that what you or I think is garbage is someone elses favourite part... makes it all a bit difficult.

Dunno, the 5km contract kinda works for me. I didn't get notification (the flashing green thingamajig in the upper right corner), but it shows as completed and cash and prestige arrived just fine. It even generated new contract for 104km which went the same way. Did you try it with manned pod? You need a kerbal to complete altitude contracts, just like in stock.

Dunno, the 5km contract kinda works for me. I didn't get notification (the flashing green thingamajig in the upper right corner), but it shows as completed and cash and prestige arrived just fine. It even generated new contract for 104km which went the same way. Did you try it with manned pod? You need a kerbal to complete altitude contracts, just like in stock.

Nope, I was just testing it quickly with a fresh save and the WAC probe. Manned pods in RPL are a fair chunk of science but ok, good to know it works.

If you feel brave, try this DLL https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/71576136/KSP/Treeloader.dll - note, it will only work with RPL as it makes assumptions about nodes.

it loads the tree the first time i load the persistence file (from my 23.5 save) but when i go into the vab it unloads it and never loads it agian (stock tech tree, almost no parts unlocked but half of the nodes are).

it loads the tree the first time i load the persistence file (from my 23.5 save) but when i go into the vab it unloads it and never loads it agian (stock tech tree, almost no parts unlocked but half of the nodes are).

Grim,

Try searching your ENTIRE /GameData folder for other tree.cfg files. I was having the same problem and, on the same advice, found another such file in KSPI that was causing the reset. Once I deleted that my reset problems were over.

Grim,

Try searching your ENTIRE /GameData folder for other tree.cfg files. I was having the same problem and, on the same advice, found another such file in KSPI that was causing the reset. Once I deleted that my reset problems were over.

That worked, Thanks. :)

• 3 weeks later...
Will this beautiful tree migrate to ATC? TreeLoader is pretty dead now, especially for 0.24.2x64.

This is a great question, and something I had hoped to assist with, but I seem to have got distracted by another project. Last I checked, ATC doesn't allow the addition of nodes, which means squishing the RPL tree into approximately half the nodes that it has now.

I do *very* much want to do see a RealismOverhaul friendly tech-tree, although with less mod requirements, although I can't realistically expect to start working on such until late October. If someone else happens to start doing this in earnest, then I fully expect to help out around the edges :)

Will this beautiful tree migrate to ATC? TreeLoader is pretty dead now, especially for 0.24.2x64.

That's rather unfortunate. I know that r4m0n is crazy busy, so not sure if we'll see an update. If 'ATC' doesn't support additional nodes than RPL is definitely impossible to transfer over. There are easily 30+ new nodes.

That's rather unfortunate. I know that r4m0n is crazy busy, so not sure if we'll see an update. If 'ATC' doesn't support additional nodes than RPL is definitely impossible to transfer over. There are easily 30+ new nodes.

Hi MN. Yeah, the future looks a bit bleak at the moment. We have a working hackup treeloader but we can't really release it as such and it's not something we could submit for release either (quite aside from ramon seeming to be out of touch). ATC may get there one day but for now it's not suitable. I expect 0.25 comes out soon, see what changes that makes and figure out where to go from there.

ATC currently supports additional nodes. And it's made MM reconfigurable, so modmakers will have easy time adding their own treenodes to ANY tree, including this one.

In fact the whole tree can be implemented as MM config file for ATC.

Hi MN. Yeah, the future looks a bit bleak at the moment. We have a working hackup treeloader but we can't really release it as such and it's not something we could submit for release either (quite aside from ramon seeming to be out of touch). ATC may get there one day but for now it's not suitable. I expect 0.25 comes out soon, see what changes that makes and figure out where to go from there.

Hey Ratzap!

Dr.Jet seems to say that we can have additional nodes in this other tree tool thing? Sorry I haven't looked it up.

All that Treeloader work to crap is a bit sad, but if the dream can live on that's better!

There was no way in hell I could have given RPL any facetime this summer, even know it's 50 hour weeks and disturbing calls on weekends. :(

Hopefully this roller coaster will die!

Hey Ratzap!

Dr.Jet seems to say that we can have additional nodes in this other tree tool thing? Sorry I haven't looked it up.

All that Treeloader work to crap is a bit sad, but if the dream can live on that's better!

There was no way in hell I could have given RPL any facetime this summer, even know it's 50 hour weeks and disturbing calls on weekends. :(

Hopefully this roller coaster will die!

I went to the ATC thread just now http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/93759-ATC-Alternative-Tree-Configurator-18-9-V0-5 and part of the OP is this:

How do I add new nodes?

You cannot. Yet. For now, you have to stick to the 55 stock nodes. But honestly, thats already quite a lot of research configuration available

Maybe there is a way but it's not something the author writes about.

I went to the ATC thread just now http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/93759-ATC-Alternative-Tree-Configurator-18-9-V0-5 and part of the OP is this:

Maybe there is a way but it's not something the author writes about.

Really? My bad then. I've tried some modded configs for ATC that were looking like having additional nodes.

Let's hope that corresponding functionality will be added soon. It shouldn't be much harder than what is already done.

Edited by Dr. Jet

• 2 weeks later...

Sadly not a lot is happening. The person trying to get ATC to add nodes hit a brick wall and took a break. Treeloader, no replies from r4m0n and Squad haven't said anything in response to questions about a better tree mod API.

That is sad indeed. I guess trying to make something out of the 55 stock nodes available at the moment just is not an option either. Hope you guys are still committed though, this was too good and had too much potential to dissapear.

When the time comes give a holler if you need any help. I have become quite familiar with MM patches now if that could be of any use.

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.