[WIP][TechTree @ 0.23.5] - [MS19e] - Realistic Progression LITE

MedievalNerd

Well, is there some kind of wiki then? to see when to do gravity turn, and at which altitude we have keosync?

Assuming you have all of the mods installed: RSS/RO/FAR/DR...etc, the optimal launch profile depends on your launch vehicle, just like in real life.

Geosynchronous orbit is 35,786 kilometers (or a semi-major axis of 42,164 km), the same as Earth.

Will the new experiments be released at the same time as the ms19?

Oh yes they will!

I posted a few pages ago which ones were going to be included. I'm also going to slip in some placeholders to keep you guys busy as I work towards finalizing 'quasi-historical' historical probe/manned missions. Then we'll move on to hypotheticals, like Manned Mars missions, Space Stations, Colonizing the Moon? /shrug

The tree will continue to grow and expand up until I reach what I would be satisfied to called Beta. Right now there are holes everywhere, and countless things I want to implement. So until it's feature complete, in my book this is an early alpha so to speak. :)

Thanks for checking out RPL!

Oh yes they will!

Colonizing the Moon? /shrug

Thiiiiiiiiiiis! i would love to really have a use for a space station/lunar station!! right now there isn't really alot of use of a space station.. exept kethane, but i think it is kinda hax that you can just make a refuel station on every planet, and move around as you like..

Thiiiiiiiiiiis! i would love to really have a use for a space station/lunar station!! right now there isn't really alot of use of a space station.. exept kethane, but i think it is kinda hax that you can just make a refuel station on every planet, and move around as you like..

I'm really excited for some really difficult missions ,down the line of course, after mastering the tech tree that MedievalNerd has created so far. I would argue that the idea of Kethane isn't really that OP since in situ fuel generation is a real thing. Though it should be a lot more difficult than what it is now, just slapping a one tonne converter on and you essentially have infinite fuel. For instance kethane should not be on every planet, should be more scarce on the planets that it is on, should require a lot of power to convert, etc. But this is probably more suited to realism overhaul of kethane rather than this thread. Anybody interested in this should check out this link (Making Rocket Propellant on Mars) and this link (In Situ Resource Utilization)

Well, is there some kind of wiki then? to see when to do gravity turn, and at which altitude we have keosync?

Geosynchronous orbit value is available on the Earth's wiki page. :) (I helped Nathan pool a bunch of actual planet & moon statistics from wiki for his RSS project.)

The cutoff for High Space is the precise line for Geosynch.

And no there is no wiki, if you look over the RO page you'll most likely see people discussing.

I personally start my gravity turn as soon as I reach 100m/s (with a surface TWR of ~1.2). You really have to ease into it. I highly recommend getting Mech Jeb, and use the ascent profile assistance. It'll give you a pink target to follow as you ascend. You can also tweek the target heigh and % of the curve. Make tests and calculate the optimal curve & height for your needs.

Mech Jeb also offers a ascent profile calculator. Giving you information as to how much DV has lost to maneuvers, gravity, etc.

Once you start worrying about these things it's when KSP becomes much more than a game, and it's a good idea to start doing personal research into orbital mechanics, real life mission profiles, etc. Sadly this information isn't always readily available and requires some digging.

Wiki & Astronautix are good sources of information. If you are missing some, check where the reference was taken from and check that out. :)

Sorry that my answer isn't an answer per say, but I highly encourage people to read up as much as they can to get a better understanding of the myriad of factors at play for launches/space travel in general.

New version of MCE released 0.53 with feature :

" New API added for other mods can access MCE and have there own personal cost, and payments work in MCE. " !

And other new features !

Link of the MCE mod : http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/43645-KSP-23-Mission-Controller-Extended-%28New-API%29-Version-53-%282-25-14%29

Edited by kiko1004

New version of MCE released 0.53 with feature :

" New API added for other mods can access MCE and have there own personal cost, and payments work in MCE. " !

And other new features !

Link of the MCE mod : http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/43645-KSP-23-Mission-Controller-Extended-%28New-API%29-Version-53-%282-25-14%29

Hehe, no need to link me MCE. MCE is what started me on this insane journey. :P

But yeah, can't really consider implementation this 'right now', for the simple reason there is no mission pack, and costs will most likely need loads of balancing, in relation tot he mission pack or vice versa.

Once I get the tree & experiments in a proper working order (IE, reach Beta). I could consider starting to working on MCE, but whoever wants to balance that has quite the challenge in front of them. lol

Hehe, no need to link me MCE. MCE is what started me on this insane journey. :P

But yeah, can't really consider implementation this 'right now', for the simple reason there is no mission pack, and costs will most likely need loads of balancing, in relation tot he mission pack or vice versa.

Once I get the tree & experiments in a proper working order (IE, reach Beta). I could consider starting to working on MCE, but whoever wants to balance that has quite the challenge in front of them. lol

Oh okay ! Yeah I understand that it is a big challenge to work with your plugin and MCE at the same time... So many things has been to do for that !

By the way, will the 0.24 include economy system, or just missions package and contracts to realize without earning money ?

Edited by kiko1004

Oh okay ! Yeah I understand that it is a big challenge to work with your plugin and MCE at the same time... So many things has been to do for that !

By the way, will the 0.24 include economy system, or just missions package and contracts to realize without earning money ?

I wouldn't know what 0.24 has in stock for us. I think there was a dev blog post about the targets for 0.24. But I can't recall the exact points, I do recall something about starting to implement career oriented features. /shrug

Not the best day. But perhaps a good point for you fine gents & ladies. Let's just say I may have a lot of free time soon... Life throws you curve balls sometimes, let's hope I'm good at Baseball? lol

Are saying that you getting fired is a good thing for us, because you have more time to work on the mod? I really look forward to the mod. But you dont get payed for it. If you really did get fired i suggest you put all the time you can into finding something new. We can wait a couple of weeks more!

All the best mate, I can assure you that when you release this you will make many people very happy :D

Yeah ! My KSP game is now optimized and based only on this mod, and package for it =D

Edited by kiko1004

If you are getting fired, i suggest throwing up that donate button!

I do know that you really wanted to wait for beta to do this, but you shouldn't wait for that.

Also, i do know that you can't live off of donations, but i do know that we are quite a bunch of RPL fans here.

I mean, if everyone could spare like 10, 20 or 30 bucks even. that could be a little help.

You have given us ALOT, so i think it is time for us to give something back.

Hopefully you didn't get fired.

all the best.

Hello MedievalNerd,

I hope all is alright in your side, more time for KSP doesn't mean it's good for you!

I have been putting off installing your tree because it's completely aimed towards RSS. I don't like RSS and would like to keep the Kerbol system as is. I'm following the install instructions as indicated in the OP, aiming to use the option 2 for non RSS users. But while installing the essential mods, I noticed that there are 2 mods that are only specific for RSS (Real Fuels & Realism Overhaul Tweak/Resize Pack). My question is if I could just leave these two out of my installation.

I guess probably not, as your plugin dll will probably access them both. But if it doesn't, wouldn't leaving them out not keep the game more stock alike?

I'm a bit put off about this: "This means you'll have to use (roughly) stock-KSP-with-FAR-sized rockets"

I'm really looking forward on testing your approach to science gathering!!!

I'm using jamis' RSS bundler. The initial node (which says it has nothing in it) starts with parts from:

Engine Ignitor

FASA (Mercury parts)

RealChute

Bobcat ind. (Heatshields)

Which of these are intended, if any, and is there an established way to get these parts where they should be?

I'm using jamis' RSS bundler. The initial node (which says it has nothing in it) starts with parts from:

Engine Ignitor

FASA (Mercury parts)

RealChute

Bobcat ind. (Heatshields)

Which of these are intended, if any, and is there an established way to get these parts where they should be?

All updates done post KSPs [0.22] which include new parts, will not fit in appropriate places when running post 0.22 versions of any mods. New parts are put on their default locations. Considering how many more nodes that RPL has, it's only normal that in some cases the stock nodes won't be in a logical order in relation to the Mod part.

Forgive me if this has been asked before as searching for b9 in the thread isn't something I can do as it is too short a search term.

I was wondering if anyone knows how compatible the b9 pack is with this. I know it isn't officially supported but I have no problem adding it myself. My only wonder is the isp and engines with RSS and the aerodynamics of it with FAR.

Thanks!

Hello MedievalNerd,

I hope all is alright in your side, more time for KSP doesn't mean it's good for you!

I have been putting off installing your tree because it's completely aimed towards RSS. I don't like RSS and would like to keep the Kerbol system as is. I'm following the install instructions as indicated in the OP, aiming to use the option 2 for non RSS users. But while installing the essential mods, I noticed that there are 2 mods that are only specific for RSS (Real Fuels & Realism Overhaul Tweak/Resize Pack). My question is if I could just leave these two out of my installation.

I guess probably not, as your plugin dll will probably access them both. But if it doesn't, wouldn't leaving them out not keep the game more stock alike?

I'm a bit put off about this: "This means you'll have to use (roughly) stock-KSP-with-FAR-sized rockets"

I'm really looking forward on testing your approach to science gathering!!!

If you don't want to use RSS then maybe this mod isn't for you?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.