[0.20.2] Gaby's Quick And Dirty Miscellania: v1.3

gabyalufix

Odd. Seems to work fine for me. Hmm. Are you on a mac? I\'ve never tested it on a mac. What version of KSP are you running? Does it just hang on game startup, or refuse to load the module in the vab? Alternately, have you tried re-downloading? I\'ll take a look around and see if I can find anything different about the 3m nuke reactor.

Anyone else have this problem?

I am not using Mac. I am on 0.14. It always gets stuck on the loading screen.

I\'ve got a bug/problem, hopefully you can tell me what i\'m doing wrong:

I cannot use any of the parts in your mod because if I try all the parts decouple and then bounce/explode on the launch pad. I even tried just connecting a x6 engine to the 7 part fuel tank and a command module: explodes. Any ideas?

I haven\'t been keeping up with the forums lately, so I\'m not sure what you\'re speaking of, specifically.

What 'node vector/rotation screwball stuff'?

Did someone figure out why the landing legs freak out when you fold them on small craft? Does it have to do with the mass?

• 3 months later...

after about 100 epic fails, I managed to put my Leviathan-class orbital refuel station on 200x200 equatorial orbit!!!

the solution was refraining from relying on MechJeb and flying atmospheric ascent phase semi-automatically...

647 kerbal-ton just after 70x70 orbit insertion, 632 kerbal-ton after final circularization burn!!!

the station currently holds 140000 kg of fuel!!! (136750.3 kg to be exact)

NO CFG EDITED PARTS except for vectored thrust enabled NERVA (original cfg misplaced some lines)...

I\'m really looking forward for someone to develop fuel-transfer plugin after 0.16 comes out...

SjUdu.png?1

Mnr9S.png?1

LRXjk.png?1

• 2 months later...

Right. I mention that bug in the thread for that mod. It has a heat tolerance of 1 or something. In an older version, that meant that it would evaporate the second you hit the engines. Nowadays, there is a little bit of ambient heat from the atmosphere, so it explodes instantly. If you just edit the Kebylon's heat tolerance to a normal value, this problem goes away.

Yeah. I've been waiting with bated breath for planets. I just did a return trip from Jool's nearest moon . . .

Right. I mention that bug in the thread for that mod. It has a heat tolerance of 1 or something. In an older version, that meant that it would evaporate the second you hit the engines. Nowadays, there is a little bit of ambient heat from the atmosphere, so it explodes instantly. If you just edit the Kebylon's heat tolerance to a normal value, this problem goes away.

Yeah. I've been waiting with bated breath for planets. I just did a return trip from Jool's nearest moon . . .

Ahhhh, thanks for the tip. (Also, I didn't know there was ambient heat from the atmosphere. You just fixed another issue I was having...I think.)

Thanks for the update. I remember that I downloaded this pack before I downloaded NovaPunch.

Speaking of which, what would a normal heat value be?

EDIT: I noticed a bug with the big Prometheus tank. the upper attachment point is INSIDE the tank, thus making it unable to be attached.

Edited by ajshell1
Clarification

Already working on something at least mostly similar:

Planned parts:

-A 5-meter to 19x1m splitter (Arranged in a hexagon).

-A 5-meter, (19x Standard Stock LFE)-equivalent engine.

-A 5-meter, (19x Stock NERVA)-equivalent engine.

-A 3-meter, (7x Stock NERVA)-equivalent engine.

-A 1-meter Radial Stack Decoupler

-A 5-meter Radial Stack Decoupler

-A bigger radial decoupler, maybe.

Other planned changes:

-Remove the upward-facing splitters. No longer needed now that you can change orientations in the VAB.

-Make the habitation pod actually capable of holding kerbins. Maybe increase the size of the windows to reflect the new rescale.

I am willing to take requests, if people have ideas for things that I think sound useful . . .

• 8 months later...

Updated to 0.20.2, and added a few minor parts. Some parts got removed just because I don't use them anymore and they were too much of a pain to update. As always, everything is quick and dirty.

Enjoy.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.