[ANN] Kerbal Modded Multiplayer Server

nevermoto

This server is designed to support a wide variety of mods, with plugin compatibility tweaks (with kmp) included as necessary. This thread will be updated with all relevant updates and information.

To keep everyone on the same page and to speed up installation I'm bundling the mods together into repacks, with the associated KMP part list file included with all of the parts added. I'm also looking at various ways to help integrate different mods into KMP, weather that be a small patch, or in the larger scheme a separate client. The goal of the separate client being to synchronize Kethane / Mapsat / whatever data KMP does not directly handle at the moment. So far the secondary client is in concept stage, and the only *modified* plugin included at the moment is kOS. Any modified versions of mods (patched / forked source) will have the source posted along with the repack, non altered mods can be downloaded from their respective forum posts and on spaceport. The mod versions will be posted inside the repack as well.

Kerbal Modded Multiplayer

Repacks/General Info:

Server (Release):

Server Info (Release):

Current Version: repack003

Mods as of now:

KMP(v0.1.3.1)

Deadly Reentry Continued v3

FAR

ISA Mapsat 4 Dev Build 2

Mechjeb2

Kethane 0.8

Lazor System v31

KAS v0.4.4

OrbitalConstruction Redux

Extraplanetary Launchpads v3.3

kOS Scriptable Autopilot v0.9.2 (modified)

Known Issues: Kethane data does not persist through connections, due to this data being stored in the persistence file, but is otherwise functional. A solution to this is being worked on. When you disconnect from the server, you will more then likely wipe your Kethane data, keep that in mind. It is also extremely unlikely that your Kethane scans will match anyone elses, again, this is being worked on.

I'm also going to be running a testing server under the same url, different port, for the latest dev-build of KMP, assuming I can keep up or automate the build. The latest release will always be on 2076. Information on that will be found on the site and in the server MOTD.

Questions, complaints, and feature/mod requests are welcomed, the mod list is a work in progress. Mods that do not contain parts, (SelectRoot, EnhancedNavball, Fusebox) are generally client independent and are not included in the repack at the moment, but may be in the future. If a mod has published an update that I didn't catch, please let me know and I'll update the repack.

Edited by Aphox
Distribution links removed

I don't know about the other mods but I know that you can't redistribute Kethane's files as it's against the license, you may want to look into that before offer modpacks.

I don't see any other way to keep everyone on the same page without a noob friendly drag and drop into the folder. It takes me an hour at least to re-download and get all the mods sorted right, but if it breaks license, obviously another way will have be found. I'll review the licenses of the individual mods and get this sorted out as they may vary.

In the mean time, if you represent any of the included mods and wish that it be removed from the repack, let me know and it will be removed immediately.

Update(mods published under GNU GPL v3): Per GNU GPL v3 the work may be redistributed in source or non-source form, aggregate (combined with others) or non-aggregate form per section 4, 5, 6, and 7. This repack will be brought to compliance with all requirements. All mods published in this repack are property of their respective owners/licenses. All individual licenses will be included in the repack. Any included mod with a modified source version will be published under the GNU GPL v3, with the source available for download either on the site, on github, or on request.

Edited by nevermoto

This pack violates both multiple licenses, including Kethane and KAS. Please review the included add-on's licensing and adjust your distribution pack appropriately. Links in the original post have been removed in compliance with add-on forum rules. You are permitted to add them back once you have complied with the respective licenses of the mods you're attempting to distribute.

This pack violates both multiple licenses, including Kethane and KAS. Please review the included add-on's licensing and adjust your distribution pack appropriately. Links in the original post have been removed in compliance with add-on forum rules. You are permitted to add them back once you have complied with the respective licenses of the mods you're attempting to distribute.

While I would very much like to argue in my defense, you are indeed correct, after reviewing the KAS and Kethane licenses specifically, they explicitly prevent my repacking in this form. They will removed from the repack, with instructions for their installation in their place. I will continue to review the remaining licenses, post updates here as soon as that is complete and contact you directly, when this is complete.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.