What to listen to while playing KSP

Supersaian117

Depends on what I'm doing, I'll play metal while a rocket is launching, classic music in interplanetary missions, smooth jazz in low earth orbit, classic rock when on a rover, songs like shine on you crazy diamond for Epic missions like exploring the moons of Jool etc.

I do like the in game music, but I turn it off because it's not varied enough.

Sounds like I get to be the strange one here, I listen to Sail by AWOLNATION and Radioactive by Imagine Dragons right along side, Mars, The Bringer of War by Gustav Holst, and a bunch of the classics from 2001 a space odyssey. I noticed I have a lot of the Blue Man group in the same playlist, and Daft Punk. Ok ill stop now. Im as old as Star Wars though, so there is that.

Most things instramental work, at least for me, anything with vocals rarely fits the mood.

Thanks to you guys I have a couple more to add to my list, thanks everyone. :)

Because nothing else will do:

Well, colour me surprised. People listen to them in the states?

Music depends on what's going on within the program, really. For launches, usually Two Steps From Hell or Immediate Music. Although Final countdown is on the playlist often.

For reentries and such, metal! \m/ Though classic rock works just as well.

But for building phases and general drifting through space, nothing can beat some good Post-Rock, or occasionally, ambient electronica IMHO.

Edit: crap, forgot the Blue Danube.

I usually listen to drum n bass or post rock (mostly post rock tbh) while playing KSP.

Rameses B, Fourward, God Is An Astronaut, Hammock, This Will Destroy You, Explosions in the Sky, M83 to name a few.

This is my favorite album to listen to while playing KSP.

A really, really good song.

I tend to watch spacey documentaries while playing but I also like the silence of space, cos well, space.

But sometimes I do jam out to tunes and soundcloud has a wealth of good stuff to listen to, it's been the source for most of the music in my vids.

This artist; RamesesB has a huge selection of tunes and is really diverse, he's got a bit of everything, really talented guy.

His track Asteroid has some voice samples I think you might recognise - https://soundcloud.com/ramesesb/rameses-b-asteroid-master

Last month he put out a 45 min mix that just floats along really nicely - https://soundcloud.com/ramesesb/sleepless-chillout-mix-rameses

His cinematic tracks are really good for the more epic moments, I've used this one in a couple vids - https://soundcloud.com/ramesesb/rameses-b-memoirs-cinematic

And you just have to play kognitif's "rocket trip" while heading to Duna, (just replace Mars with Duna in the lyrics!)

kognitif has some other really nice, chilled jazz trip-hop style tracks, I find the slightly broken beats go well with my slightly broken rockets!

Some other artists I like for KSP accompaniment are;

Full Metal Jackson - (used to be called Syntex) I've used his tracks in several of my vids

Jenova7 -downtempo jazz/triphop

hdklab - more fast paced, used two of his tracks at the start of my constellation vid.

coyotekisses - erm, unusual, but good.

Also while hunting around soundcloud I came across another set that took me by surprise, its called "Kerbal Space Travel" and is described as being inspired by KSP and my vids!! I was way chuffed!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.