[0.24] Bargain Rocket Parts v1.1 - Bust out the duct tape, we're going to space!

Rubber Ducky

I haven't tried this mod out yet, but I plan to, at some point.

I generally prefer the "realistic" aesthetic used in stock and most other mods, but I gotta say, this mod pack fits the Kerbal vibe perfectly. With those factors combined, I'd love to see a new mode introduced, which uses parts like this exclusively. So we'd have Career, Sandbox, and... Backyard Rocketry? Kerbal Mode? Jebediah's Childhood? That way I could have my super cereal saves, and not need to sort through these parts for those, and then I could have my ridiculous fun saves where I don't need to sort through the super cereal stuff.

Is it possible to mod a whole mode? Because that would be fantastic. Especially if you could customize which modes each type of parts showed up in.

Actually, maybe it could be done with the tech tree? Can you add whole new techs? Add a "Backyard Rocketry" branch or something so that if people want to do a goofy version of career mode they just pick stuff in that tree. could maybe move the starting point back a tech from currently, then make the cost of unlocking each type of starting tech 0. that way none of the parts get commingled unless you want them to!

• 2 months later...

A Shame it is no more avaliable...

But this is so Kerbal! At the same time this mod taste-me like childhood!

Thanks for the memories!

Edited by Nahim

A Shame it is no more avaliable...

But this is so Kerbal! At the same time this mod taste-me like childhood!

Thanks for the memories!

Wait... this was only on Spaceport? Rubber Ducky, any plans to upload it somewhere else? Don't let it die ;.;

This mod definitely deserves more love and attention. Why isn't this more popular?

Ack, forgot to mirror it! Reuploaded it and updated the OP. License changed as well. You're pretty much welcome to do whatever you want with it, as long as you share it under a similar license and give proper attribution.

And just an FYI, I won't be updating this mod any further (though I'd love to), and I'll be out of contact after July for other life pursuits.

If you do make a tech tree, can you also make one that works without any stock parts installed?

Also, a Klaw part that uses a big Horse-shoe magnet facing forewards, and remake the docking ports so that that use bar-magnets.

Edited by GregroxMun

• 1 month later...

After a long stint away, (some six months or more) I've reopened doors on the VAB with a new KSP series on the Roninpawn channel. Unfortunately, it seems a few disgruntled Kerbals who didn't appreciate me laying them off stole all of our rocketry equipment and eBay'd it in my absence.

We're making-do though! ...Found a barbecue grill and some old Frigidaires out back of the complex that are actually working out pretty well in place of the proper gear:

[KSP] NEW Pawnington 1: Bargain Rockets

EDIT

[KSP] NEW Pawnington 2: Suborbital Potatoes

http://youtu.be/wZLHcmCoEGE

[KSP] NEW Pawnington 3: A Phallus in Search of Orbit

http://youtu.be/ouNNjJ25ZxY

Edited by Roninpawn

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone, found a wee bit of extra time today so I threw together contract support. Entirely untested. The mod's still probably out of whack with budgeting, but I leave tomorrow indefinitely so I can't do much about it.

Anyway, thanks! Also, been enjoying your series, Roninpawn, very well put together!

Enjoy the rest of your life, I'm sure we all hope you find time to return to KSP in the future.

Thanks for all your mods and for the last-minute effort you've put into them.

Hey everyone, found a wee bit of extra time today so I threw together contract support. Entirely untested. The mod's still probably out of whack with budgeting, but I leave tomorrow indefinitely so I can't do much about it.

Anyway, thanks! Also, been enjoying your series, Roninpawn, very well put together!

Thank you, sir. And thanks for maintaining this truly excellent mod.

[KSP] New Pawnington 5: Bill Kerman's Orbital Package Delivery

...When it absolutely, positively has to be to Duna, overnight.

Edited by Roninpawn

• 3 weeks later...

[KSP] New Pawnington 6: Saving German's Kerbals

Hergard's lost in space! Rockomax didn't sign the check! Why's the navball upside down! Ahhhh!

...business as usual in New Pawnington.

[KSP] New Pawnington 7: A Heroes' Return

The mission to rescue Hergard Kerman from orbit continues. RCS is depleting quickly. Bogey's incoming! Red Alert! Quick! Someone get out and push.

Edited by Roninpawn

These parts are ridiculously amazing. I want a tech tree that starts you off with only these parts. It just seems that Kerbals would be the type to try sending their kind into space in a cardboard box on top of a trashcan

Anybody using this in KSP .24.2 32 bit? Gotta play it once before it's gone. Someone should keep this up.

I just moved over to .24.2 32bit with a .23.5 Bargain Rockets save file. Straight into the new career mode without issue.

[see New Pawnington 6 in the thread above. ;)]