[0.24] Bargain Rocket Parts v1.1 - Bust out the duct tape, we're going to space!

Rubber Ducky

Excellent question :) Also need to do the CKAN file. And have a bit of a breather this week, so I'll see about sorting that.

Let's split work, you upload it to github, and I'll do the CKAN file :)

• 2 weeks later...

Just to let people know, I've always wanted to have someway to "salvage" spent rockets stages in an easier way... and countless other uses for a KAS-compatible probe core.

Then today it dawned on me ... Why not add KAS to the iPhone probe core? :D Here's the ModuleManager config I borrowed from the KAS stock science instruments configs:

@PART[br_probephone]:HAS[!MODULE[KASModuleGrab]]:FOR[KAS]
{
MODULE
{
name = KASModuleGrab
evaPartPos = (0.0, 0.00, -0.12)
evaPartDir = (0,0,-1)
storable = true
stateless = false
storedSize = 5
attachOnPart = True
attachOnEva = False
attachOnStatic = False
attachSendMsgOnly = False
}
}

PaCQxpy.png

Works like a charm! I'm thinking of adding other KAS configs to the Bargain science instruments. Any interest?

P.S. Those who look at the right will see a flag my 5 year old son did earlier this year, which I scanned and put into KSP for him to use in his sandbox game. He has a blast and wants to go to space and "fly bricks" later... I explain to him that the Shuttle no longer flys but he may yet have a shot at going to Mars or mine asteroids with SpaceX, who knows... :)

Edited by Cairan

• 3 months later...
Running into a bug :( liquid engine's weight and price are marked as 'NaN'

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=361691902

Just skimming through, noticed the 'NaN' mentioned. I isolated it to attempting to r-click the engine. Just mounting it reads correctly, but the moment you invoke the menu on it to adjust something, it will 'NaN'. The only way I could get it to not NaN is to toss it and mount a fresh one.

Edit: I should look at links to pics...

The engine I had issues with was the Inner-tube+bell engine.

I have not had an NaN with any other engine sans that one. But the circumstances sound familiar.

Edited by Shaggygoblin
Grammar/Spelling

dead mod

no, not hardly...

RoverDude is quite a busy fellow...

As long as others show interest/support, I think he will keep at it.

There are a multitude of great modders for KSP, but there are a handful that are as respected as this guy...

Be patient.

• 1 month later...

I was looking for an update on this mod and was kind of amazed to see what this poor mod has been through. I am glad to hear that RoverDude picked it up and I'm excited too see where this goes.

But in the mean time, if you're anything like me and JUST CAN'T WAIT!!! :sticktongue: here is a quick fix I used to sort out the stacking and attaching problems. Except for some imbalances and a few minor bugs, it works for me in 1.0.4.

@PART[br_antenna]
{
@node_stack_bottom = 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 0
}
@PART[br_antenna2]
{
}
@PART[br_commandpod]
{
@node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -0.75, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 1
}
@PART[br_decoupler1]
{
@node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -0.23, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0
}
@PART[br_decoupler05]
{
@node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -0.1, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0
}
@PART[br_dockingnode]
{
@node_stack_bottom = 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 1
}
@PART[br_fueltank]
{
@node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -5, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0
}
@PART[br_fueltank_05_025]
{
@node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -0.1, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0
}
@PART[br_fueltank_05_075]
{
@node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -0.35, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0
}
@PART[br_liquidengine_1a]
{
@node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -.25, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0
@attachRules = 1,0,1,1,0
}
@PART[br_liquidengine_1b]
{
@node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -0.58, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 1
}
@PART[br_liquidengine_05a]
{
@node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -0.05, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 0
}
@PART[br_liquidengine_05b]
{
@node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -0.125, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 0
}
@PART[br_longfueltank]
{
@node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -14.95, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0
}
@PART[br_parachute]
{
@node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -0.075, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 0
}
@PART[br_parachute_tiny]
{
}
@PART[br_podadapter]
{
@node_stack_bottom = 0.0, 0.00, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 1
}
@PART[br_probebbq]
{
}

I hope this will help for now.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On Monday, March 14, 2016 at 9:18 PM, Andem said:

Is this mod dead? If so, can I legally revive it? I want this. Badly. 

I'm not sure if @RoverDude still intends to do something with this, but it's a permissive license as per the first post - if you can fix it, it looks like you can re-release as long as you leave any attributions intact and use the same license.

(It's CC-BY-SA - click on it in the OP and it'll take you to an explanation)

5 minutes ago, etmoonshade said:

I'm not sure if @RoverDude still intends to do something with this, but it's a permissive license as per the first post - if you can fix it, it looks like you can re-release as long as you leave any attributions intact and use the same license.

(It's CC-BY-SA - click on it in the OP and it'll take you to an explanation)

Cool. Whelp, time to badger @RoverDude!

@Andem fyi the mediafire link still works, I just downloaded "BargainRockets_1-1.zip"

You just need to fill in the missing blank that got removed.

Please note this is from 0.24 (I'm assuming) and I haven't tested it to see if it actually works with 1.0.5. Just that the download link still does.

--Edit--

I'm looking through it now. Haven't tested the parts yet, but there is a MM config that reorders the career tech tree, including the stock parts that could be an issue. It documents which changes are to the mod and which are to stock, so you could remove the stock ones if it causes problems. I don't know why he didn't just put the TechRequired inside the part configs to begin with...

Edited by Deimos Rast

7 minutes ago, Deimos Rast said:

@Andem fyi the mediafire link still works, I just downloaded "BargainRockets_1-1.zip"

You just need to fill in the missing blank that got removed.

Please note this is from 0.24 (I'm assuming) and I haven't tested it to see if it actually works with 1.0.5. Just that the download link still does.

Thanks! At the very least I want to collab with Roverdude if he's still interested.

1 minute ago, Andem said:

Thanks! At the very least I want to collab with Roverdude if he's still interested.

I did a ninja edit right after you posted, this might be relevant to you:

I'm looking through it now. Haven't tested the parts yet, but there is a MM config that reorders the career tech tree, including the stock parts that could be an issue. It documents which changes are to the mod and which are to stock, so you could remove the stock ones if it causes problems. I don't know why he didn't just put the TechRequired inside the part configs to begin with...

8 minutes ago, Deimos Rast said:

I did a ninja edit right after you posted, this might be relevant to you:

Ok, good to know. I'm afraid I'm not in a position to check it out right now, but by the end of the week I should have something.