[0.24] Bargain Rocket Parts v1.1 - Bust out the duct tape, we're going to space!

Rubber Ducky

1 hour ago, Andem said:

Ok, good to know. I'm afraid I'm not in a position to check it out right now, but by the end of the week I should have something.

I'm actually playing with it right now. The parts that I have unlocked (which are seriously funny, good find, and good work to the creator) work, with no NullRefs in the log, which is surprising. One word of advice: the nodes are a little bit wonky, and I had to constantly flip the parts to get them to attach properly (you'll notice the fridge in the picture is upside down, that's not an accident). Below is my historically accurate Saturn V style Falcon 9 Heavy, something something, flown by Jeb. Looking at the plume on the rocket, it would seem it features an SRB engine and an LFO fuel tank. Yup.^_^ In the second picture you begin to see the effects of building aerodynamic pressure as that little engine has some serious kick to it. I play with FAR and these parts aren't the most aerodynamic, and with too much dynamic pressure...the last (unposted) picture was of a solid cloud of smoke as the assembly got ripped to pieces.:sticktongue:

On a side note: this pack includes new science parts, which is pretty neat.

For historical record, this is in a 1.0.5 with damn near every other mod installed. All I changed was to remove the changes to the stock tech requirements in the MM config included in the download.

Cheers.

(also, another mod that might complement this theme is Rusty Star Rockets; it's not quite as cute, but it does have a similar "2nd hand parts, to the mun on the cheap" theme and the parts are quality)

C2d26d2.png

9BnsuON.png

@Deimos Rast

Thanks for checking, good to know the game won't explode trying to load it. I hope to add a few mote parts like a wahing machine reaction wheel and such. I plan to COMPLETELY rework the tech tree for this mod. Fingers crossed!

1 hour ago, Andem said:

@Deimos Rast

Thanks for checking, good to know the game won't explode trying to load it. I hope to add a few mote parts like a wahing machine reaction wheel and such. I plan to COMPLETELY rework the tech tree for this mod. Fingers crossed!

Unfortunately, you can't add washing machine reaction wheel because this already adds one. I mean, a Radial Stabilizer Device (as they call it).

Good luck!

On 3/15/2016 at 4:37 PM, Deimos Rast said:

I'm actually playing with it right now. The parts that I have unlocked (which are seriously funny, good find, and good work to the creator) work, with no NullRefs in the log, which is surprising. One word of advice: the nodes are a little bit wonky, and I had to constantly flip the parts to get them to attach properly (you'll notice the fridge in the picture is upside down, that's not an accident). Below is my historically accurate Saturn V style Falcon 9 Heavy, something something, flown by Jeb. Looking at the plume on the rocket, it would seem it features an SRB engine and an LFO fuel tank. Yup.^_^ In the second picture you begin to see the effects of building aerodynamic pressure as that little engine has some serious kick to it. I play with FAR and these parts aren't the most aerodynamic, and with too much dynamic pressure...the last (unposted) picture was of a solid cloud of smoke as the assembly got ripped to pieces.:sticktongue:

On a side note: this pack includes new science parts, which is pretty neat.

For historical record, this is in a 1.0.5 with damn near every other mod installed. All I changed was to remove the changes to the stock tech requirements in the MM config included in the download.

Cheers.

(also, another mod that might complement this theme is Rusty Star Rockets; it's not quite as cute, but it does have a similar "2nd hand parts, to the mun on the cheap" theme and the parts are quality)

C2d26d2.png

9BnsuON.png

The node thing is probably one of the biggest issues here updating this. Check this link for the goods on how to fix it quick and dirty. A comprehensive sweep is probably needed to check all the parts.

• 1 month later...

Why would it be locked? @Roverdude, are you still working on this mod, or is this one lost due to time constraints?

And, in the answer to my own question, it works for the most part. Parachutes seem to need to be tweaked for the new flight model (they seem to do nothing, or very little anyway) and the attachment nodes need work, since they seem to allow only reverse attachment. The rockets need some balancing as well, because they're way overpowered. I tried out the fix @Xephan put in, and it seems to fix the top nodes, but the bottom ones are still a bit odd.

Edited by kaluce

2 hours ago, kaluce said:

Why would it be locked? @Roverdude, are you still working on this mod, or is this one lost due to time constraints?

And, in the answer to my own question, it works for the most part. Parachutes seem to need to be tweaked for the new flight model (they seem to do nothing, or very little anyway) and the attachment nodes need work, since they seem to allow only reverse attachment. The rockets need some balancing as well, because they're way overpowered. I tried out the fix @Xephan put in, and it seems to fix the top nodes, but the bottom ones are still a bit odd.

I' working on this, it's not ready yet. I have some other things I'm working on, but it should be here soon.

55 minutes ago, Andem said:

I' working on this, it's not ready yet. I have some other things I'm working on, but it should be here soon.

Oh cool! This was one of my favorite mods when I was starting out in KSP. So many good parts packs have been abandoned by the original authors and I was worried this one was left to die.

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Astrofox said:

Hate for this to seem like a Necropost...

But I remember this mod very fondly, and I am wondering if anyone has made any progress for it so far.

I'm pretty sure Andem is swamped, so I'm thinking no (I never intended to use the pack myself, I just poked at it). Basically, the nodes, specifically the bottom ones usually, are inverted and it's a simple matter of changing a 1 to a -1.' Both download links still work and the license is a good one, so...:)

On 5/20/2016 at 9:33 PM, Deimos Rast said:

Basically, the nodes, specifically the bottom ones usually, are inverted and it's a simple matter of changing a 1 to a -1.' Both download links still work and the license is a good one, so...:)

Doing just that I got most of the parts to work correctly, fuel tanks, engines etc will attach in the correct orientation. There are still some issues like the docking port (magnet) clips badly on the pod (box), but it worked well enough to get some screenshots I wanted and will be good enough until it can be cleaned up by someone who knows what they are doing.

1 hour ago, Bleddyn said:

Doing just that I got most of the parts to work correctly, fuel tanks, engines etc will attach in the correct orientation. There are still some issues like the docking port (magnet) clips badly on the pod (box), but it worked well enough to get some screenshots I wanted and will be good enough until it can be cleaned up by someone who knows what they are doing.

Sorry, things have been pretty hectic. As soon  as I figure out what's going wrong with Cacteye I'm devoting my time to this.

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I hope this mod gets updated for 1.2, as it makes up a huge portion of my time in KSP. In fact, this mod is so good, I'd like to see an expansion pack for the mod.

Sorry for the post roughly a month after the last.

7 hours ago, Astrofox said:

I hope this mod gets updated for 1.2, as it makes up a huge portion of my time in KSP. In fact, this mod is so good, I'd like to see an expansion pack for the mod.

Sorry for the post roughly a month after the last.

I will make a quick pass through it and post a link when done for some guinea pig to try out 

On 12/28/2016 at 7:13 PM, Astrofox said:

I'll be the guinea pig!

Guinea pig up then https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/72893034/BargainRockets.zip

Changed or added 

TechRequired = start
category = *** To match stock parts KSP 1.2.+
maxTemp = "

And change or added newer stock MODULE for 1.2.+

EDIT- And changed all Textures to dds format

Credit to @Rubber Ducky

License:

https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/

Edited by Mecripp2
EDIT

Okay, so it seems that only a few things are wrong:

The lava lamp's filling appears black when in the parts menu and R&D center, but appears and functions normally when selected and placed on a rocket.

The phone appears to have a red screen as well, but again slightly fixes when placed on a rocket.

Here's a few things that I remember from the mod originally or didn't seem right:

- Movement of stock parts in the Tech Tree

- BBQ grill used to have fuel in the probe.

That's all I have noticed recently.

5 hours ago, Astrofox said:

Okay, so it seems that only a few things are wrong:

The lava lamp's filling appears black when in the parts menu and R&D center, but appears and functions normally when selected and placed on a rocket.

The phone appears to have a red screen as well, but again slightly fixes when placed on a rocket.

Here's a few things that I remember from the mod originally or didn't seem right:

- Movement of stock parts in the Tech Tree

- BBQ grill used to have fuel in the probe.

That's all I have noticed recently.

The Grill has fuel just not much that i didn't change

RESOURCE
{
 name = LiquidFuel
 amount = 3.6
 maxAmount = 3.6
}

RESOURCE
{
 name = Oxidizer
 amount = 4.4